+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Boise State coach won't discuss Washington rumors"

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

"Boise State coach won't discuss Washington rumors"

"Boise State coach won't discuss Washington rumors" is the headline on page 27 of today's (Oct. 29) The Sporting News at http://today.sportingnews.com/sporti...m4u1&folio=CGI

Do you think Chris Peterson will "head west?" Do you want him to?!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: "Boise State coach won't discuss Washington rumors"

I wouldn't. He didn't really build Boise. I think he is a good coach, but I would stay put if I was him until a really really good offer comes along.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I wouldn't either. He could probably help Washinton, but Boise will be better than them for a while. And yeah, he'll get better offers.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Peterson doesn't know if he can "build" anything. He has maintained what Hawkins did, but to leave Boise for Washington would be crazy imo.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Arkansas took Houston Nutt from Boise and then fired him
    Arizona State took Dirk Koetter from Boise and then fired him
    Colorado took Dan Hawkins from Boise and will soon fire him
    If I were Petersen, I would stay put.... the one constant is that Boise State wins games regardless of who coaches them.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

the other constant is that we should be wanting our FB coach to be hired away every 4 years or so as that will be we have been successful...we need to win!

As far as the thread, I wouldn't go to Washington if I were Peterson. I would wait for an opp in the ACC, SEC or Big 12. The only 2 good things about Washington is 1. he has recruited that area 2. quicker to win in the PAC 10 that most BCS conferences

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

He should "take the CONDO and run" as Al McGuire used to say....

Throw a number out on the board that you would be satisfied with and that Boise cannot meet - and you are set for life....

If they offer it to you take it - due to your success at Boise, even if you fail at UW you will still get a second and third chance somewhere else....

If the money and terms are RIGHT, the decision is EASY -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

If the money is right he is gone, end of story

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

You make a good point Dwayne, but leaving for Washington?

I guess ucla's coach (can't spell Nuehiesel)was very successful there, but to me it would be a tough place to go.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    If the money is right he is gone, end of story
    And the money isn't "righter" somewhere else.

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

I would not leave a team that goes undefeated most seasons and might make a BCS game this year for a poor team like Washington. I think if he waits he could go to possibly even a team as good as Virginia or Boston college.

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    2. quicker to win in the PAC 10 that most BCS conferences

Quicker than the "Big" East if he went to Syracuse, or the ACC if he went to Clemson or Virginia?

Of course, your first point doesn't apply at any of those schools - but I think it would be easier to win the Big East or ACC than the Pac-10. No USC in either of those leagues.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Quicker than the "Big" East if he went to Syracuse, or the ACC if he went to Clemson or Virginia?

Of course, your first point doesn't apply at any of those schools - but I think it would be easier to win the Big East or ACC than the Pac-10. No USC in either of those leagues.
    I dont agree because if you get a good QB and a few speed guys in the Pac 10 you can normally compete quickly. At least historically that has been true.

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I dont agree because if you get a good QB and a few speed guys in the Pac 10 you can normally compete quickly. At least historically that has been true.
    But can you get past USC with just that? Quickly?

Besides, if you get a good QB and a few speed guys you can compete in the "Big" East quickly, too. How about Rutgers?

I don't think the Pac-10 is all that great, but they at least have one very good team you'd have to get by. The ACC is tougher week in and week out, their bad teams have a way of jumping up and even though their better teams tend to underperform they still have talent (Clemson, FSU, VT). But the BE is the best (worst?) of both worlds. Weak every week and no real big dog.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Peterson is from that area. They'll offer him 2 million and he will be gone. Anyone that's lived on the west coast does not want to move to the south or NE. Don James was a very successful coach at washington.

+ Reply to Thread