+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help please

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Help please

We are driving up to Shreveport to celebrate a couple of family birthdays and are looking for nice places to eat that won't break the bank since we will be treating. Any suggestions?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Help please

If you like Mexican food, I'd suggest:

TaMolly's (Bossier)
    Airline Dr. & I-220

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

TaMolly's (Bossier)
    Airline Dr. & I-220
    if you want mexican in shreveport just do Superior, the old standby.

works every time.

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

You have to keep in mind we are coming from San Antonio. Mexican food? I don't think so.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

bistro byronz is a new place on line ave....lots of variety on the menu.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbert View Post
    You have to keep in mind we are coming from San Antonio. Mexican food? I don't think so.
    Joe's Crab Shack?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    bistro byronz is a new place on line ave....lots of variety on the menu.
    I second this one. Byron's has good food in a great atmosphere for not so much moulah. For lunch I STRONGLY suggest Biscotti's www.lewisgifts.com/biscottis.cfm on Youree Drive-it's part of Lewis Gifts and has the best lunches in town, again, not so expensive but very, very nice (try the andoullie sausage shrimp and grits). There is much more on his daily menu than is listed on the website..like the best darn chocolate bread pudding and deep baked chocolate pie! If you recognize the goofy lookin dude in the picture it's my buddy Mike Lewis who helped cook at the TAG tailgate for the Miss State game. Biscotti's does breakfast as well. Be sure to stop by Maxwell's Market at 4861 Line Avenue (my place) to say hi..I'll buy you a cold beer.
    Last edited by marketdawg; 09-15-2008 at 06:09 PM.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

TaMolly's (Bossier)
    Airline Dr. & I-220
    TaMolly's? Really? That is the worst Mexican resturant in the area!

Superior is ok but I am always disapointed. It's really a place to see and be seen. You pay about 20% more there than you do at most mexican places for the same food. Cantina Laredo has the best "quality" mexican food around, but they are just an El Chico's on steroids.

Dawgbert, what type of food are you looking for and in what part of town?
    Country Tavern in south Shreveport is quite good. And Silver Star (?) (Bossier guys help me out) on Benton Rd in Bossier serves basically the same food. Those guys were partners at one time so the menu and food quality are very similar. They are really BBQ places with allot more options (burgers, steak, chicken. Their Turkey Salad with home made ranch is awsome! And if you knew me you would know that me saying that is wierd. I'm more of a meat and potato guy!:icon_wink
    Last edited by JAB; 09-17-2008 at 09:37 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Strawn's

+ Reply to Thread