+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pavarotti

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Pavarotti

I listening to some of his work, and I was really impressed yet I do not know much of opera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONUCPKdGcrk

Nessun Dorma, in Paris in 1998, you could really see his emotion in his eyes when he sings, you don't get that in today's music world.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Pavarotti

Here I thought I was the only one that loved (or at least liked) listening to him sing...

I made a post about his death when it happened...

Nessun Dorma is my favorite song, bar none...

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what he was saying but it gave me goose bumps listening to it.

Now, enough of this fluffy stuff. I'm off to shoot something.

Btw, here is my favorite, Ava Maria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYrmYXsujI

I would like to thank louisiana dog for posting this topic. After taking music appreciation at Tech I had a very deep enjoyment of classical music and realized how brilliant these people really are. It had been a long time since I had listened to anything like this. Too long.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
    Tu pure, o, Principessa,
    nella tua fredda stanza,
    guardi le stelle
    che tremano d'amore
    e di speranza.
    Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
    il nome mio nessun saprà!
    No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò
    quando la luce splenderà!
    Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
    che ti fa mia!
    (Il nome suo nessun saprà!...
    e noi dovrem, ahime, morir!)
    Dilegua, o notte!
    Tramontate, stelle!
    Tramontate, stelle!
    All'alba vincerò!
    vincerò, vincerò!

Nobody shall sleep!...
    Nobody shall sleep!
    Even you, o Princess,
    in your cold room,
    watch the stars,
    that tremble with love and with hope.
    But my secret is hidden within me,
    my name no one shall know...
    No!...No!...
    On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines.
    And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...
    (No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.)
    Vanish, o night!
    Set, stars! Set, stars!
    At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!

Like I said, I love this song.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

The point is that if she figures out his name before dawn, he is executed, but if she can't they get married. She forbids anyone in the kingdom to sleep that night while she tries to figure it out.

http://www.metoperafamily.org/metope...sis.aspx?id=26

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Well, I don't normally listen to classical, some of my favs. though are "Procession of Noble" holsts' "Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity " from the planets is my fav of those works.

I am not too much of a fan of the more famous Mozart works, you hear them all the time. To the famous end though, 1812 overture is one I do like by Tchaikovsky.

I don't know if it is the American inside of me, but I love almost every Sousa march I have listen to. The one I am listening to right now, "The Gallant Seventh" is not bad. I try to make sure I go to a Marine band concert every now and then to listen to some great music, they always play great stuff.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    The point is that if she figures out his name before dawn, he is executed, but if she can't they get married. She forbids anyone in the kingdom to sleep that night while she tries to figure it out.

http://www.metoperafamily.org/metope...sis.aspx?id=26
    Wow, that's a cool story, how do you know what the story is if the opera is sung in a different language?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Wow, that's a cool story, how do you know what the story is if the opera is sung in a different language?
    I think at many operas in the U.S. they will have a screen somewhere with a translation (although i am not sure about this, having never been to an opera in the U.S.). Some are easier than others to follow from the "acting" and sets and tone of the music. There will usually be a program. I imagine most people familiarize themselves with the general story beforehand.

When I first heard Nessun Dorma when I was at Tech I went to the library and found the story there in a book of famous opera stories.

These are really just my guesses. I've only been to the opera once.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    If you think that is a cool story, you should check out Wagner's Ring Cycle some time. Epic.
    Last edited by inudesu; 09-26-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

These 3 videos are of a guy named Paul Potts that competed on a show in England called "Britain's Got Talent."

He is/was a mobile phone salesman. Has a really good voice considering he probably had no formal training when he competed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA initial tryout - you could tell Simon was stunned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDB9zwlXrB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5W4t_CBzg

and the final decision http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwkVnyfdGYQ

+ Reply to Thread