+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOLA evacuees call North La. facilities inhumane

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Re: NOLA evacuees call North La. facilities inhumane

She worked 17 hours a day and got that kind of abuse!
    Go Tech!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

"Soni says government-assisted evacuees from Katrina and Gustav should have a role in planning future mass evacuations."

Wow, this quote just shows you how bad it has gotten. These people will get a role in how it will be done in the future??? Most of these people cant add two and two together and most of them havent contributed a single dollar of taxes that help get their ass to safety. Next time, tell them to find their own damn way out. This is getting ridiculous, acting like they are owed the right by the government to be evacuated. More wealth redistribution. The people who work pay taxes and pay their own way to get out of danger areas and the moochers get a free ride.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I agree with many of your feelings about ingratitude and entitlement, but try to remember the way this kind of thing gets reported. If 5/100 people complain will we ever see a headline about "Grateful People Thankful for Help?" Even if that describes the way most feel? Of course not. Now, I don't know how any of the government assisted evacuees feel, but I have my doubts about these nut-jobs being the rule.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    . " We didnt want to go to Moonroe or Bas-trop we e never even heard of it"...
    Someone needs to teach the people from Orleans Parish how to use a toilet. You deposit in the hole, not on the lid, not on the floor. And raise the seat.

I know some folks who volunteered at the shelter in Bastrop who won't do it again.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Someone needs to teach the people from Orleans Parish how to use a toilet. You deposit in the hole, not on the lid, not on the floor. And raise the seat.

I know some folks who volunteered at the shelter in Bastrop who won't do it again.
    Come on, CHC, you know better than to ever think that basic human decency can be taught pass the age of 5. The fabric of cultural values is what we are talking about.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Varsity Bulldog ULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time ULM_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

How can you expect that when the government didn't provide them with someone to wipe their bottoms?!?!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am hearing the same thing from some of my friends who volunteered during Katrina. The first couple of days the people were grateful, then it changed and they started demanding things, complaining that they "didn't want no sandwich for lunch" etc. I also heard that a church in N. LA received phone calls from Katrina victims wanting to make reservations for Gustav because they liked how they were treated last time. These were the same folks that rolled into town, set up a table and played dominos 24/7 and never lifted a finger to help.

The church decided not to accept Gustav victims primarily because of the damage done to their facilities after Katrina. Can't say that I blame them.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I will say that as a state we have something to be proud of. I have met a lot of evacuees from the Houston and Galveston area who are here in our area. Most of them have been nice and courteous. I can say of the hundreds of people from Katrina/Gustav I have had contact with, few have been friendly or appreciative in the least. There were a few families who were very friendly from N.O. and guess what, most of them didn't return. They had no idea the differance in cultures. So I guess you could say we have the biggest population of whining, big G dependant natural born population to ever be placed on the government payroll. At least we're #1 in something.

+ Reply to Thread