+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruston (blue laws)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Ruston (blue laws)

Last football weekend I went out the night before game day. Talked to a cop about why Ruston bars close at midnight while bars outside of city limits (Que Stick and Rabb's) get to stay open till 2am. He stated it's due to the "blue law".

In college I've always wonder why places in Ruston closes at 12am. Too me it's ridiculous. Ruston will never have an active downtown area with the night life ending at 12am.

My class spearheaded the whole allowing hard alcohol sells in Ruston...would there be enough students interested in changing this Blue Law?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Ruston (blue laws)

I can remember hearing, "There ain't nuthin' you can do after twelve o'clock 'cept git in trouble." Thinking back on what I got into after twelve, they were right.:icon_wink:

I am curious as to why Tech students would want to be able to hang out in the Ruston City limits after twelve when they can just go to the Rabb's an such.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Nice sig pic! That law didn't make sense to me either,

hmm, how can we contribute to drunk driving...GOT IT! make everybody move to a different location after 2-3 hours of drinking!"

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I can remember hearing, "There ain't nuthin' you can do after twelve o'clock 'cept git in trouble."
    Yeah, because nothing's open. You have to do stupid stuff because its the only thing to do!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Seriously guys. I've been out of the loop too long. Where do folks hang out in Ruston till 12:00 then want to leave to go to Grambling?

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Yeah, because nothing's open. You have to do stupid stuff because its the only thing to do!
    Did it take you until 2:00am to score the ball?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Nice sig pic! That law didn't make sense to me either,

hmm, how can we contribute to drunk driving...GOT IT! make everybody move to a different location after 2-3 hours of drinking!"
    Yup, the service road is dangerous.

Also thanks for the compliment.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Did it take you until 2:00am to score the ball?
    I don't know what that means (I'll assume I didn't drink enough to know what it means). But I do remember a friend calling me at 4 am because he was drunk at his apartment and decided to light a plastic milk jug on fire. He managed to basically weld the plastic to his hand. If he was drunk in a bar, that never would have happened.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I don't know what that means (I'll assume I didn't drink enough to know what it means). But I do remember a friend calling me at 4 am because he was drunk at his apartment and decided to light a plastic milk jug on fire. He managed to basically weld the plastic to his hand. If he was drunk in a bar, that never would have happened.
    The bar would have been closed at 4 am, so he still had ample opportunity to burn the jug. I've never understood the closing at midnight either, but when I was at Tech I lived close enough to walk to all the bars that were open then, so we would just carry the party back to my house. Of course, there were no bars open until 2 in Grambling then either. Quite frankly, it seems to me that you all should just start the party at the bar that stays open until 2 so you don't have to do the driving

Bulldog madprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nicemadprof is just really nice

Lot of old money that want things to stay the way they are, actually would like to eliminate the sale of hard alcohol or any alcohol for that matter. You see them on the front row in church Sunday morning where they pretend to listen to the preacher while they are fondly remembering the snuff film they watched a few hours ago in their closet. Its hilarious the attitudes that a lot of the local "movers and shakers" have about bars, night life, etc. I think they are afraid that the devil will surface and eat the children if Ruston were to resemble a college town. What we need in Ruston are more banks...there are not enough banks in Ruston, its a real shame.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

It really could make no difference to me. I had just as much fun during college as I have here in New Orleans. To be honest, if the bars had stayed open later, I'd be a lot poorer.

That's not to say I like Blue Laws. Little Rock has the same problem, as do most other cities in the country, such as Dayton, Ohio. Right?
    Last edited by bulldawg03; 09-18-2008 at 01:41 PM.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

i genuinely do think there is merit to the 'close at 12:00, making people drive drunkenly down a poorly lit service road to the late bar' argument.

waaaaay too many accidents on that road.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

p.s. i originally read the title of this topic as 'Ruston (blue hairs)'

but i guess its all the same, really!!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    It really could make no difference to me. I had just as much fun during college as I have here in New Orleans. To be honest, if the bars had stayed open later, I'd be a lot poorer.

That's not to say I like Blue Laws. Little Rock has the same problem, as do most other cities in the country, such as Dayton, Ohio. Right?

F' Dayton, Ohio that's all I have to say....

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Seriously guys. I've been out of the loop too long. Where do folks hang out in Ruston till 12:00 then want to leave to go to Grambling?
    When the team comes back from these road trips at 2-3-4 a.m. Tech Drive is hopping.

After the Kansas game, we turned off I-20 onto Tech Drive and three RPD cops and sheriff's deputies cars (with lights flashing) had one car trapped at Waffle House.

Then, after unloading and driving back down Tech Drive to I-20 and WM, there were more law enforcement parked at Harde Mart (or whatever it's called this year). Lots of students gassing up and buying munchies.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread