+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruston (blue laws)

Bulldog Churchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the rough Churchlady's Avatar

Re: Ruston (blue laws)

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Ahhh! Club Capri..first time I ever saw real-life lesbians making out in public. If Ruston would ever change it's drinking regs then I would move my store there in a heartbeat.
    No one would be beating your meat at 2 am, so I really don't see the purpose of you moving your store.

Bulldog Churchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the rough Churchlady's Avatar

And there is a reason my location is "God's Country". Ruston. Hallalujah!

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

You guys aren't that old I remember going to The Circle in the Square and Discomania in the downtown river area.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    You guys aren't that old I remember going to The Circle in the Square and Discomania in the downtown river area.
    I barely remember Circle in the Square. More my sister's gerneration. She went to the Square every weekend. I remember my Dad getting really angry with her when she was going out with some knee high white boots and an American Flag mini skirt. She had worn plenty mini skirts, but he was upset about it being stars and stripes. She ended up changing.

I still think more bars and clubs would make it again down there. It looks so much nicer and there is still a lot of room there for some clubs to come in.

When Tech plays at Indy Stadium, we need to bring back the pep rally to that area. Battle of the bands was awesome!

Now, WHO told the Church Lady about this thread??????????????

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Churchlady View Post
    No one would be beating your meat at 2 am, so I really don't see the purpose of you moving your store.
    You're just jealous Churchlady! If I came to Ruston you could PERSONALLY enjoy my meat on a daily basis. I've heard about your penchant for hot italian sausage..or maybe some hard salami.:icon_wink:
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm not sure I totally understand. Are you saying that a student is more likely to be pulled over if you swerve a little to see if you are drunk?
    sorry. Zoned out on this thread.

Yes. This is only opinion, but in my experience, the RPD seems to make a DUI target out of the Tech student decals which are mandated to be on the rear of the car.

It was my understanding (albeit unverified) that LSU issues parking tags that hang on the rearview mirror due to this becoming an issue between students and the Baton Rouge PD.

I could be totally wrong though.

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Totally true. Also, I don't know of many other schools that make you put a semi-permanent sticker on your car. Most have the hanging tags, which make way more sense.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Came across a DWI checkpoint on my way home after the game Saturday night.

I answered their questions (all 3 of them), told them about the TECH game (to which 2 of the 5 responded "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!"), and even offered them some cookies that we had brought home from the tailgate. All that took up 30 seconds, and I'd do it every night if it helped clean up the streets.

I hope that all PD's bust as many DWI's as they can. I also hope that the judges and DA's finally grow some KAHOONA's and start really punishing these losers. Whatever they have to do, within reason, to bust everyone of them is fine with me.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    Totally true. Also, I don't know of many other schools that make you put a semi-permanent sticker on your car. Most have the hanging tags, which make way more sense.
    All the schools in Oklahoma do stickers, although most require them on the front windshield (where the inspection sticker is in LA), not the back.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    All the schools in Oklahoma do stickers, although most require them on the front windshield (where the inspection sticker is in LA), not the back.
    TCU and UTA do stickers on the back windshield similar to Tech's. So does SW Seminary.

I think the point is to make is easy to see if a parked car has one or not. This is why some schools won't let you back into spots I think.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I am absolutely opposed to almost all "blue laws", but I fail to see how having bars in downtown Ruston would attract new students, given the drinking age is 21.

??

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I am absolutely opposed to almost all "blue laws", but I fail to see how having bars in downtown Ruston would attract new students, given the drinking age is 21.

??
    I don't think its bars per se, as it is more of a college nightlife atmosphere here in Ruston.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gcc005 View Post
    sorry. Zoned out on this thread.

Yes. This is only opinion, but in my experience, the RPD seems to make a DUI target out of the Tech student decals which are mandated to be on the rear of the car.

It was my understanding (albeit unverified) that LSU issues parking tags that hang on the rearview mirror due to this becoming an issue between students and the Baton Rouge PD.

I could be totally wrong though.
    I imagine it has more to do with the fact that if you have a hanging parking tag, it doesn't have to be used in one vehicle. If for some reason you need to borrow someone else's car, it's easily transfered. To help ease congestion, only certain areas of the campus or open to matching parking passes. In other words, if you don't have the right color parking pass that corresponds to the parking area you are attempting to gain access to you can't get in. This also goes with no parking pass at all.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post

??
    http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=...2007-08148-011
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread