+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darius Rucker

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Darius Rucker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa7ot4R_-Qo

Was listening to some 80's music with my kids on directv, then flipped the channels, and heard this voice.

Hootey and the Blowfish made it big the summer after I graduated high school, therefore my next 5 years at Techm they were popular. Always like their music.

Now Darius Rucker is making the changeover to Country Music. I'm not a big country music fan, uless its late 70's to early 90's.

It doesn't sound too much like country, but I like his music

This may be old news, but new news to me.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Darius Rucker

I read that Darius always wanted Hootie and the Blowfish to be a country band from the begining, but was over ruled by the rest of the band. Looks like he may get to enjoy the fruits of both endeavors.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I saw Hootie at Billy Bob's this summer. Hard to find a more country venue than that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Did you know he was an African American?

I'm so sick of DJs making that comment EVERY time the song comes on. Good grief!
    He's a great singer. Nothing more to say.

Sidenote: Kid Rock is horrible!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

man I love the hell out of some Hootie!!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Heard several of the songs from the new album earlier this summer when he was on Micheal Waltrip's radio show (evidently they are big buds and Mikie actually plays with him sometimes and he lets DR take a spin every once in a while in the NAPA ride)....

I liked it - kinda of Eagle'ish...

The Blowfish's album MUSICAL CHAIRS was very COUNTRY and heavily influenced by bluegrass -

People tend to rip them for the few songs that got OVERPLAYED by top40 pop stations, but their best work was songs that never hit the airwaves -

And they could PLAY - they are very good musicians....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Heard several of the songs from the new album earlier this summer when he was on Micheal Waltrip's radio show (evidently they are big buds and Mikie actually plays with him sometimes and he lets DR take a spin every once in a while in the NAPA ride)....

I liked it - kinda of Eagle'ish...

The Blowfish's album MUSICAL CHAIRS was very COUNTRY and heavily influenced by bluegrass -

People tend to rip them for the few songs that got OVERPLAYED by top40 pop stations, but their best work was songs that never hit the airwaves -

And they could PLAY - they are very good musicians....
    Completely agree. 'Only Wanna Be With You' is ridiculously misleading.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'll add that they are a very very very fun live show. Those dudes just love playing. They may just be an overgrown bar band, but they are a good one. Always tons of covers.

When I saw them several years ago they did Black Magic Woman, That Thing (yes Lauren Hill), Don't Give me no Lines and Keep Your Hands to Yourself, Interstate Love Song, and maybe a couple more. Of course, they had fewer songs then.

Last summer (in a lesson in knowing your audience) they covered David Allan Coe. As you might imagine, the crowd at Billy Bob's went wild.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Last summer (in a lesson in knowing your audience) they covered David Allan Coe. As you might imagine, the crowd at Billy Bob's went wild.
    which DAC song???

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    which DAC song???

You Never Even Call Me By My Name

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You Never Even Call Me By My Name
    I believe Steve Goodman wrote that song.:icon_wink:

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I believe Steve Goodman wrote that song.:icon_wink:

Carry on...
    Along with uncredited John Prine, but it was a Coe recording. And Hootie rocked it. It is hard to imagine another song that everyone in the place would be singing along with.

Along with uncredited John Prine, but it was a Coe recording. And Hootie rocked it. It is hard to imagine another song that everyone in the place would be singing along with.
    I sure wish he had done some Skynard so we wouldn't have to listen to that idiot Kid Rock.

I imagine he'd do well with a re-record of this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrXc68gNjQ

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I read that Darius always wanted Hootie and the Blowfish to be a country band from the begining, but was over ruled by the rest of the band. Looks like he may get to enjoy the fruits of both endeavors.
    I have Darius's R&B album, and it is pretty good. Great duet with Jill Scott on there and an Al Green song I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbzIW9JvKC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwoRp24vDHw

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Did you know he was an African American?

I'm so sick of DJs making that comment EVERY time the song comes on. Good grief!
    He's a great singer. Nothing more to say.

Sidenote: Kid Rock is horrible!
    Dont be dis'n on Kid Rock buddy!!!

it is an odd time in country when Hootie, Kid Rock and Tony Romo's "gf" start showing up on the country charts. Oh, and BonJovi.

+ Reply to Thread