+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a QB Change

Puppy PORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the roughPORT CITY DOG is a jewel in the rough

Time for a QB Change

After watching the game live then coming home and watching it again Taylor B. is checking down way to fast. I know he is running for his life but he had open guys down field when he threw to the RB or WR's that were right in front of him. If he continues this it will make the running game that much harder and the blitz will come every snap.

Puppy HammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the ears

Re: Time for a QB Change

Quote Originally Posted by PORT CITY DOG View Post
    After watching the game live then coming home and watching it again Taylor B. is checking down way to fast. I know he is running for his life but he had open guys down field when he threw to the RB or WR's that were right in front of him. If he continues this it will make the running game that much harder and the blitz will come every snap.
    Agree. I'd rather throw Jenkins into the fire and let him learn on the job than stay with a guy who won't be here next year. I guess we're 2-1 with Bennett but I think we're winning in spite of him. I'm sure he's a great kid and it's nothing personal, I'm just not in favor of one year wonders unless they are special.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

SURE!! Let's bench the guy that hasn't looked downfield as much as we like in favor for some unknowns.

Sure, we may take more sacks, throw INT's, or lose fumbles, but at least we MIGHT throw the ball downfield.

We don't have an idea what Ross can do. Doing that right now is likely throwing away the Boise game and maybe even the Hawaii game. QB isn't that position were you say "gee, we didn't know what we had" on the bench.

Damn guys, we're 2-1. We've got Trent Difler with hopefully the rest of the Raven's defense and easily the best Special teams in the WAC. Let's attempt to enjoy some winning.

I think what we should be doing is giving Ross 1 series here and there to see if maybe he's someone who can just suprise the other team. Also, we need to find out what he has in uniform.

Puppy HammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    SURE!! Let's bench the guy that hasn't looked downfield as much as we like in favor for some unknowns.

Sure, we may take more sacks, throw INT's, or lose fumbles, but at least we MIGHT throw the ball downfield.

We don't have an idea what Ross can do. Doing that right now is likely throwing away the Boise game and maybe even the Hawaii game. QB isn't that position were you say "gee, we didn't know what we had" on the bench.

Damn guys, we're 2-1. We've got Trent Difler with hopefully the rest of the Raven's defense and easily the best Special teams in the WAC. Let's attempt to enjoy some winning.

I think what we should be doing is giving Ross 1 series here and there to see if maybe he's someone who can just suprise the other team. Also, we need to find out what he has in uniform.
    Do you honestly believe we can beat a GOOD team with Bennett at QB? Miss State was not good and SLU is I-AA...we could have easily lost both. If I thought we had a reasonable shot to beat Boise and Fresno with Bennett, I would say keep him in there. But I don't see it, therefore, I say play the guy who will be here and potentially be our QB of the future.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HammondDawg View Post
    Do you honestly believe we can beat a GOOD team with Bennett at QB? Miss State was not good and SLU is I-AA...we could have easily lost both. If I thought we had a reasonable shot to beat Boise and Fresno with Bennett, I would say keep him in there. But I don't see it, therefore, I say play the guy who will be here and potentially be our QB of the future.
    Boise: NO
    Hawaii: YES
    Udohoe: YES
    Army: YES
    Fresno: YES (It's a toss up, but a chance, absolutly)
    San Jose: YES
    Utah St: YES (even with me at QB )
    New Mexico St: YES
    Nevada: YES (we'll split Fresno and Nevada)

If all that holds true, we CAN BE 9-3 this year with a so-so QB. With Ross, we have NO IDEA of what we'd do. I'd much rather know what we have a live with it at that position. If we had ANY idea what Ross has, it'd be a different conversation.... but NOBODY KNOWS WHAT ROSS CAN DO YET.

With Ross, it's more like:
    Boise: NO
    Hawaii: No clue
    Udohoe: YES
    Army: YES
    Fresno: Not likely
    San Jose: No clue
    Utah St: YES (even with me at QB )
    New Mexico St: No clue
    Nevada: No clue

... until we know what he's got

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If anyone thinks Tech has even a prayer of winning the WAC, you are nuts!

Okay, you say, how about 6-2 in the WAC and a bowl bid? Not with what we've seen so far. We have NO offense. Heck, even Sam Houston State scored TWO touchdowns at Kansas.

Bennett is not just bad.... if all he was was only "just bad" we might have a fighting chance. He is horrible! Now, Jackson, because of injury???? or for whatever reason, has checked out. I don't know what the problem is, but PJ is not himself. That is too obvious from watching him. Dooley must agree which is why he was pulled in favor of Compton.

We have Livas, but other than him, the whole WR corps sucks bad. When Bennett manages to get the ball close to one of them, they drop it.

After Boazy lights us up (51-10 has been the usual score out there) some of you will be acting surprised and shocked and "What happened? We shouldn't be this bad!"

Well, Bennett sucks! The defense and especially the Special Teams are improved this year, and they have carried this team so far. But, without a real offense we can not compete in the WAC. Boazy, Fresno, Nevada, and even New Mexico State, and maybe even San Jose State are much better than Missy State and SLU on the offensive side of the ball. Hawaii? Don't know, they are a new team this year.

Right now, I'll say we'll beat Idaho and Utah State, other than those, the rest of the WAC schedule will be a TOUGH challenge.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

If you think Bennett is a horrible QB, then you are just stupid. There's no nice way I can put it

The real problem is the OLine.

Do you really think Jenkins would have done any better? Possibly but I doubt it because he wouldn't have had any time to throw.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Football fans are so predictable. I really believe I can go back after every loss, for every team, copy the thread, change the names, post it like it was new and nobody would know the difference.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

There are a few things that last year taught us. One of them is that Dooley is highly unlikely to switch QBs. Bennett is starting because that's the guy that Dooley wants in there.

Would I give Jenkins a legit shot at the position? Yes. Have I been to practice? No. I would've given Mosley a longer rope last season...but that's why Dooley gets paid the big bucks and I'm sitting here on a computer. What's sad is that we haven't been able to recruit a star QB since Luke and haven't recruited an adequate QB since Kubik.

I do think it's a little goofy to say what Jenkins would or wouldn't be able to do...there's no basis for these types of statements...unless, of course, you are a TTech100 member and have access to practices.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I think we need a new OC.... maybe SLU's. In the WAC, you've got to be able to score, if your defense isn't great. However, I think it may be Dooley's philosophy to play conservatively on offense and win with defense and ST. But, it is true that Bennett looks for the short pass before looking downfield and he is not accurate.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I think we need a new OC.... maybe SLU's.

I thought the exact same thing!

Mumme might be available by the end of the season.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Defenses aren't afraid of getting burned by us so they bring the house every play. That spells disaster when you don't pass block well, or have recievers that can get open and catch the ball.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Every game is different. I think this team gets motivated when they have too and plays down to their competition when they can. The only thing I have to back this statement up is the Hawaii & Boise games last year (good) New Mexico St. (bad) Nevada, there is no explanation.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I have to address the post that our defense and special teams are much improved this year....REALLY?!

Livas and Keagle are good. What else has really turned your eye on special teams?

Our pass defense is horrible. Check the stats. Our run defense is better, but I think we thought that was the weak area coming into this year. We are near the bottom of the nation in pass defense, and we are in the bottom third I believe in total defense. Kansas is good offensively. SLU and Mississippi State are not.

Bennett is not getting it done. I agree, but he isn't losing us games. I've heard that there is a reason he is starting. The reason...there really isn't a #1A like the coaches said...it is a clear cut between #1 and #2.

Varsity Bulldog Batman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post
    Defenses aren't afraid of getting burned by us so they bring the house every play. That spells disaster when you don't pass block well, or have recievers that can get open and catch the ball.

Division 2 team stacked the line up front and foced Tech to pass! No running game!
    TB had weapons at GT. He had the outstanding Calvin Johnson.

+ Reply to Thread