+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shockey out 3-4 weeks

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Shockey out 3-4 weeks

Sooprise sooooprise. Shockey is out with a sports hernia. This bums health issues bite the Saints at the worst time. They never should have signed him.

Add this to the laundry list of injuries Saints players have endured and I think I may have a chance to play for the Saints this year.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

Re: Shockey out 3-4 weeks

The Saints best pick up was getting Shockey. He has been playing with that injury for a couple of weeks. Shockey is a beast.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I honestly think Shockey has opened things up for Reggie because LBs have to pay attention to him. It will be interesting to see how Reggie does without him just because of the extra LB attention he will be recieving now. Shockey with the constant hooks in the middle keeps the LBs in tight and not able to get out to Reggie on those swing passes and things like that. None of our other TEs have ever been very tough over the middle like you have to be to catch the balls Shockey has been catching.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Injury bug has hit very hard this year, it seems like everyone is getting hurt, even stecker couldn't play in the denver game. They should just bench brees because I have a feeling he is next .

Seriously though, im pretty mad

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Luckily we got three straight home games against very winnable teams (49ers, Vikings, Raiders)...if we can get to 4-2, and get our players healthy for the showdown @Carolina, I think we'll be fine...

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Injury prone is injury prone. Once a guy is known as injury prone it's just like being known for a weak arm, fumbler, poor blocker etc. etc. Ain't nothing gonna change it.

Once again the Saints try to resurect or prolong a career only to get bitten in the arss. When are they going to learn.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Injury prone is injury prone. Once a guy is known as injury prone it's just like being known for a weak arm, fumbler, poor blocker etc. etc. Ain't nothing gonna change it.

Once again the Saints try to resurect or prolong a career only to get bitten in the arss. When are they going to learn.
    Never.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

resurrect a career? did i miss shockey's 40th bday or something? last time i checked he's still young, and without a doubt a top tier TE. as hussdawg said, he has definitely given reggie an extra step or two to the corner, which is more than enough. and its football. not many players, especially physical players like shockey, play a career without injury. we basically gave up a 2nd round pick for him, bc in the grand scheme of things, 4th rounders are a crap shoot. i would have to say there's as many undrafted FAs starting in the league as there are 4th rounders, if not more.

Chris29, I used the term resurrect because of my dislike for Shockey, his constant whinning, often injured, all about him, more bark than bite, crap attitude. I could be wrong but I don't recall a lot of press about teams lining up to get him when the Saints got suckered. Resurrect may be stretching it.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Chris29, I used the term resurrect because of my dislike for Shockey, his constant whinning, often injured, all about him, more bark than bite, crap attitude. I could be wrong but I don't recall a lot of press about teams lining up to get him when the Saints got suckered. Resurrect may be stretching it.
    It was dicey no doubt. Shockey is good when he is on the field though. He looked very good against the Broncos even with the hernia obviously slowing him up. Shockey makes tough catches and he gets hit by huge LBs. Every ball he caught on Sunday was over the middle, but guess what? When you do that 4 or 5 times it gets the LBs looking toward the middle of the field which leaves the boundary open for Reggie. You are correct that Shockey was a gamble with his injuries and history of stupidity. I just hope he can come back from this at full speed.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Shockey isn't their main problem. Having Deuce in pads standing on the sideline is their problem.

Play Deuce.
    Cut Jason David.
    Tackle the guy with the ball.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Shockey isn't their main problem. Having Deuce in pads standing on the sideline is their problem.

Play Deuce.
    Cut Jason David.

WORD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    WORD
    Two words for Saints fans to help get you through this season -

DRINK HEAVILY!

(its going to be a long year)
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Two words for Saints fans to help get you through this season -

DRINK HEAVILY!

(its going to be a long year)

i'll let you know if i agree sunday at 3:30..But like yourself(a life longer saints fan) I tend to expect the worst.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post

Play Deuce.
    Cut Jason David.
    Agreed also. I noticed everytime "Thong" was in there he was either smoked or causing defensive pass interferences.

+ Reply to Thread