+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win/Loss Predictions

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Win/Loss Predictions

22-9 - Best Case

17-14 - Realistic

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Win/Loss Predictions

all-none

After seeing the success, Dooley decides that WBB is THE way to advance the program. We accept a WBB only invite to the Big XII and we park our other sports in the Southland.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    all-none

After seeing the success, Dooley decides that WBB is THE way to advance the program. We accept a WBB only invite to the Big XII and we park our other sports in the Southland.
    hahaha

Did you have a nightmare Johnny?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

21-10 with us being very competitive in 8 of the 10 losses - close ones.

We win the WAC regular season title this year again FINALLY - with 3 conference losses.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

We forfeit because Willie Wonka convinced our team to join the oompa loompas in his factory, since our girls are faster but just as small. He also thought their ball control skills would translate well into candy making skills.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this should be an interesting year. I know I will catch flack for this post, but I am going to go right ahead and get excited about the year. I can't function if I just look at the negative.
    This is why I am excited:
    1. SPOOOOOOOOOOON - she should get the team motivated and disciplined. Her defensive techniques were second to none in the WNBA and she showed that she could coach in the ABA with a bunch of guys that started out not getting along, but ended up jelling as a team. She is tough, emotional, and strict. Plus, I can't wait to see her recruit next year.
    2. The players - Wysinger showed that she has some SERIOUS moves as a freshman. I can't wait to see how much she has improved. Adrienne Johnson is the same way. They both have a TREMENDOUS upside and are young. Add in Sidney Stewart and Tiawana Pringle and we may have the fastest team in the country. Sidney is at full strength again. Plus, Whitney is close to full strenght again.
    3. DOWDELL- seriously, I kept waiting for her to break out last year. I think this might be her year. I was hoping it would be last year. She is one TRULY talented player with good size. I really hope she can show us what she can do this year.
    4. We had one of the youngest teams in the country last year. They took their lumps. This year, we are STILL young, but have some experience under our belts now.
    5. Our 3 new freshmen are HIGHLY touted. DeAngela Sword should get LOTS of play time.
    6. We are deeper this year. We can move people in and out with a lot more confidence. Our second 5 should be just about as good as our first 5.
    I do still worry about the lack of a true post player, but we are all worried about that. My feeling is that we are going to be running circles around our opponents. They won't be able to keep up.

I do not think we are a top 20 team yet. That is still to come, but I DO think we will be much improved from last year. Plus, I think we are going to be a TIGHT team - in other words, I think we will exemplify what a "TEAM" means.

So, say what you will, but let me have my high expectations. I think we will have a few lumps, but come out of this on top of the WAC by the end of the year and get back to the dance. We build from there with Spoon's name and her in living rooms across the country getting the players we need.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Well, this should be an interesting year. I know I will catch flack for this post, but I am going to go right ahead and get excited about the year. I can't function if I just look at the negative.

This is why I am excited:
    1. SPOOOOOOOOOOON - she should get the team motivated and disciplined. Her defensive techniques were second to none in the WNBA and she showed that she could coach in the ABA with a bunch of guys that started out not getting along, but ended up jelling as a team. She is tough, emotional, and strict. Plus, I can't wait to see her recruit next year.
    2. The players - Wysinger showed that she has some SERIOUS moves as a freshman. I can't wait to see how much she has improved. Adrienne Johnson is the same way. They both have a TREMENDOUS upside and are young. Add in Sidney Stewart and Tiawana Pringle and we may have the fastest team in the country. Sidney is at full strength again. Plus, Whitney is close to full strenght again.
    3. DOWDELL- seriously, I kept waiting for her to break out last year. I think this might be her year. I was hoping it would be last year. She is one TRULY talented player with good size. I really hope she can show us what she can do this year.
    4. We had one of the youngest teams in the country last year. They took their lumps. This year, we are STILL young, but have some experience under our belts now.
    5. Our 3 new freshmen are HIGHLY touted. DeAngela Sword should get LOTS of play time.
    6. We are deeper this year. We can move people in and out with a lot more confidence. Our second 5 should be just about as good as our first 5.
    I do still worry about the lack of a true post player, but we are all worried about that. My feeling is that we are going to be running circles around our opponents. They won't be able to keep up.

I do not think we are a top 20 team yet. That is still to come, but I DO think we will be much improved from last year. Plus, I think we are going to be a TIGHT team - in other words, I think we will exemplify what a "TEAM" means.

So, say what you will, but let me have my high expectations. I think we will have a few lumps, but come out of this on top of the WAC by the end of the year and get back to the dance. We build from there with Spoon's name and her in living rooms across the country getting the players we need.
    CHAMP110, I like your thinking!! A year of experience for everyone plus SPOOOOON makes a big difference in chemistry and mentality. Also I like thinking reasonably positive. I loved Wysinger and Johnson last season: they are exciting to watch. If Dowdell comes through, Whitney recovers, and the newcomers make a difference, plus SPOOOOOON IS IN THE HOUSE, this can be a fun year.

I wish the season was starting this weekend.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot about Sidney Stewart's shrewdness, it was easy to see from my seat. She has that "look in her eye" that tells me she is a thinker and will cut the other team's throat, besides her basketball talent. That mental edge is dynamite. I like it. A lot!!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Champ - U wouldn't be Champ w/o your high expectations!! I'm looking for 18-13 myself & I don't care if we win the REGULAR season WAC title 'cause that won't get us back into the tourney. Gotta take the WAC tourney for that one & hopefully Spoon will have the team jelled to play as a team by then.
    Now as far as your line by line debate:

#1 - Agreed
    #2 - So which one of the fast guards will end up being the true PG U say we need?
    #3 - We'll see
    #4 - Unfortunately, young tends to make mistakes so let's hope that's out of their
    system from last year!
    #5 - I've heard U talk about how good the past TWO years' recruits were gonna be
    so I really don't wanna go there!!
    #6 - I hope that U saying that our second 5 R just as good as our starters is meant
    as a joke because that means that our backups aren't that good. The days
    of us having the best 2 teams in the country in our starters & backups ( as
    Pat Summit once said!! ) R LONG gone!! For that matter, with parity in
    WBB today not even Tennessee can make that claim.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    CHAMP110, I like your thinking!! A year of experience for everyone plus SPOOOOON makes a big difference in chemistry and mentality. Also I like thinking reasonably positive. I loved Wysinger and Johnson last season: they are exciting to watch. If Dowdell comes through, Whitney recovers, and the newcomers make a difference, plus SPOOOOOON IS IN THE HOUSE, this can be a fun year.

I see we have another eternal optimist ( Champ being the title holder! ) here. Sure have a LOT of IF'S in your post, Russ. Sure hope they do come true but IF they don't, can we get rid of CL then?????? U know what they say about the frog; wings & its' azz, right? ). Your favorite word ( IF ) is in there as well. :icon_wink:

MG

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post

I have information that Whitney will be fully recovered by the start of the season and is close now. Sidney is completely recovered.

Thanks for saying something positive back. I know I sound too optimistic for most and put on a positive face no matter what, but it helps me more than you know for someone to share just a little of the optimism.

Last year, after the season, I closed the book for the year. I blocked everything out. Now, I get to remember Wysinger, Johnson, Stewart, Whitney, Dowdell, and even Pringle nailing 6 tres in one game early in the season when she was in the 2 spot, instead of the PG after Whitney went down. Those bright spots for those players should get more consistent this year. PLUS, we have 3 promising freshmen.

I REALLY like our talent and I like Spoon being there to teach some defensive technique and to motivate them.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

We will have a good year if we finish one or two games over .500

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    I see we have another eternal optimist ( Champ being the title holder! ) here. Sure have a LOT of IF'S in your post, Russ. Sure hope they do come true but IF they don't, can we get rid of CL then?????? U know what they say about the frog; wings & its' azz, right? ). Your favorite word ( IF ) is in there as well. :icon_wink:

MG

YES!! To a change if expectations are not met. My loyalty is to Louisiana Tech, not CL. 20 wins and post season play is my standard. Anything less and I have no problem with a head coaching change. I still like what I see in a number of our 08-09 team, and feel for sure that our support and enthusiam will help re-build the Techsters and win over recruits. I will be there and will be ready to rumble, driving 50 miles one way to each game. LOVE THOSE LADY TECHSTERS.

I like being an eternal optimist. After all, I am being optimistic about Louisiana Tech, the university I love. Being seen as 2nd to CHAMP 110 is quite an honor. I'll take it!!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I have no idea how many games we will win, but I don't see 20 wins as an impossibility. I am looking forward to the season because I really enjoy Tech women's basketball. What will be interesting to see is how we approach the game without much of a post presence. (Are we sure Kim Jones will not be available?) The strategy could turn out to be unique and exciting. I am expecting much improvement in our play and a display of talent I believe is there. If the post situation remains as it is I do not believe we will be as good as we could have been, but I still think it will be fun.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

"they both have a TREMENDOUS upside and are young. Add in Sidney Stewart and Tiawana Pringle and we may have the fastest team in the country." Champ110

There is a difference between optimism (which you have, is contagious, and admirable in the face of adversity) and hyperbole.

I'll give you the possibility of a good season, 20+ wins and a return to the tourney, but seriously, "the fastest team in the country?" We're not even the fastest team in the region....maybe not even in the state.

+ Reply to Thread