+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paul Newman Died

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Paul Newman Died

A great actor and an astute businessman. Also, a big time racing guy. Play a lot of good roles.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I absolutely love Paul Newman. He was a great person and actor. Some of my all time favorite movies, Cool Hand Luke, The Sting, Butch and Sundance. He will be missed.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I was helping my son move yesterday when he told me. I just about cried. He will be missed. What a great actor and a great philanthropist. Oh, those blue eyes! Glad I have my Paul Newman DVD collection. I'll be watching Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Hud this week for sure. He was just great.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Working with the Houston Grand Prix Race, I got to meet and know Mr.Newman personally. He was absolutely the nicest gentleman I have ever met, and I have met quite a few. His racing team partnered with the team that put on the Houston race and because we were the track sponsor, I got to spend some time with him.
    A neat story I love to tell was when the reporters were being kept at bay during the press conference for our sponsor announcement; he and I were getting to visit during the sponsor's breakfast when his phone rang. He looked at the number and said, "Scott, you will have to excuse me, but it's my bride!" I loved that more than anything else I heard the man say, period. It was his bride of almost 50 years!
    I got a phone call yesterday from the NHL Racing team telling us about the bad news. If I was not sitting in Central London tonight, I would try to make it to a memorial that IRL is planning. I am going to the race on the Gold Coast in Australia where they will have a moment for the 'legend'.

DFiH

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

This man definately used his celebrity for the right reasons and set a good example for our young people of today. It is too bad most of them will never know who Paul Newman was or what he did. Our generation will certainly miss him.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Last edited by DawgFaninHous; 09-29-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Cool Hand Luke is one of the best movies ever.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    This man definately used his celebrity for the right reasons and set a good example for our young people of today. It is too bad most of them will never know who Paul Newman was or what he did. Our generation will certainly miss him.

Whatever done rightly, however humble, is noble".......Henry Royce

Your quote goes nicely with this post.

Puppy I d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around hereI d'Claire has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Absolutely perfect picture! What a treasure! Two guys obviously having a good time enjoying a common interest.

Quote Originally Posted by I d'Claire View Post
    Absolutely perfect picture! What a treasure! Two guys obviously having a good time enjoying a common interest.
    Thank YOU!
    And that 'old bastard' in the picture was excited as hell to know Paul!

DFiH
    Last edited by DawgFaninHous; 09-29-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    And the actors and entertainers of today -

He didn't try to tell you how to vote, or how to think or try to goad you into thinking you lived in a horrible country and making money was the root of all evil - not the bully pulpit that the likes of Oprah, Rosie O'Donald, Susan Surandon, Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin etal and thier ilk do -

He used his life and work to make the world a better place for those who were far less fortunate -

His "Hole in the Wall Gang" will be probably his greatest lasting legacy - much more so than his 60+ films

And he will be remembered by those who truly appreciated his work - for his love of his bride of 50+ years and his love of auto racing and the machines that made the circuit - because those were the things that he "loved" - as much as he will be remembered for his movies....

Too bad that in today's world, I don't think another PAUL NEWMAN will be allowed to exist due to the paparazzi and the tabloid world that makes up Hollywood -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand.....

We'll miss you Paul

+ Reply to Thread