+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rupp dismisses two basketball players

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Rupp dismisses two basketball players

The chemistry of the overall team may not be as good as most of us had hoped it would be at this point -

I will say this - Rupp handled it very decisively and with a big stick -

However, we have no point guard at this point and without the qb things can be very dicey...

And no - I don't think that Loe can be the starting point guard at this level and Guyton is just a freshman and he will have to grow into the role -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

What did these guys do to get kicked off the team? I'm assuming it was pretty bad since there doesn't seem to be any chance of them coming back.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

maybe Livas can come in a save the MBB as he has saved our FB offense.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    maybe Livas can come in a save the MBB as he has saved our FB offense.
    Very bad timing when you consider requests for the renewal of season tickets just went out. It better have been the right thing to do and I hope there's a good backup plan. Too late for a great transfer PG?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Too late for a great transfer PG?
    Transfers have to sit out a year, so, yes, I'd say it's too late. White IS the great transfer, just fell short.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

this is going to work out best for the program...addition by subtraction.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
    this is going to work out best for the program...addition by subtraction.
    That kid from Nebraska sits out a full year to play here and then this. WOW!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

This is what worries me. Transfers=problems.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    That kid from Nebraska sits out a full year to play here and then this. WOW!
    Would've been nice if he had screwed up before our recruiting class was complete.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 10-01-2008 at 07:46 AM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

lee

wanna clarify? or is it just as simple as you have said it?

i totally trust coach; i just know this has seemed to come out of the blue; for us and seemingly for them as well.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Don't give me that crap. Out of all the transfers, White was the one who we thought might have off the court problems (was suspended at Nebraska). Don't try and group all transfers in with this one player. I can just as easily make the point that high school players= problems using your logic.

Varsity Bulldog dascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her game

[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Don't give me that crap. Out of all the transfers, White was the one who we thought might have off the court problems (was suspended at Nebraska). Don't try and group all transfers in with this one player. I can just as easily make the point that high school players= problems using your logic.
    Herb Pope-New Mexico State

Top rated high school player and NMSU best player, not to mention arguably the best player in the WAC-did nothing but get in trouble at NMSU, kept getting second chances and recently just screwed NMSU and transferred to another school.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I don't know why everybody thinks these guys either a. Have no off the court issues or b. Are as good as advertised. There is a reason why these guys left their last school. It could be anything. Maybe they didnt like the town. Maybe they didnt get along with the coach( which to me is a red flag) or maybe they just aren't that good. I am willing to bet all of these transfers aren't just the type of guys that just wanted to be closer to home etc. I know Henderson was a transfer and was legit. But guys like him aren't the norm

Every transfer has a reason for transfering. Some might be nothing to worry about. Most probably are.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I don't know why everybody thinks these guys either a. Have no off the court issues or b. Are as good as advertised. There is a reason why these guys left their last school. It could be anything. Maybe they didnt like the town. Maybe they didnt get along with the coach( which to me is a red flag) or maybe they just aren't that good. I am willing to bet all of these transfers aren't just the type of guys that just wanted to be closer to home etc. I know Henderson was a transfer and was legit. But guys like him aren't the norm

Every transfer has a reason for transfering. Some might be nothing to worry about. Most probably are.
    I don't know why you think these guys either have a.off court issues or b. aren't as good as advertised.

Every transfer has a reason for transfering. Some might be something to worry about. Most probably aren't.

You list several reasons for transferring, good and bad. Why would you think it more likely to be a bad reason?
    Last edited by inudesu; 03-31-2010 at 11:38 AM.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Rolle transferred because of John Brady (if you followed LSU during his tenure, you can understand why). Cooper transferred to get closer to home. That's it--end of story. Neither one of the guys caused the least bit of trouble at their previous schools. Both of them were very popular with their teammates. Neither of them had discipline issues with their coaching staffs.

+ Reply to Thread