+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Settle down Beavis

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Settle down Beavis

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We aren't good. Neither is Hawaii, Idaho, Army, San Jose, Utah State, or New Mexico. Need go 5-1 in these games. 4-2 minimum. Even Scelfo should be able to handle these guys.
    Exactly. Have y'all watched our conferencemates? I've watched every team we'll play with the exception of Hawaii. Our strengths play well for us against Fresno, SJSU, and Army. Idaho is just about as bad as a team can be and USU is only slightly better. If Hawaii dominates us like Boise did, I'll join the doom and gloomers. NOTHING that I saw last night changed what I thought about this team. We're a middle-third team in a mediocre conference. We've got Fresno and Nevada at home as well as a non-conference game against Army.

We'll be alright.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    It looked to me last night like our players have had it with each other. That really concerns me, but I'm not sure what can be done. It seems like they don't trust each other anymore, and that is bad news.
    I noticed a little bit of that too. After one of our star receivers dropped a ball, TB mouthed "what happened" in a WTF kinda of way. Other little things like that concerned me as well.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

See, I thought that our non-Livas recievers and our OL (in pass blocking, at least) had stretches in this game where they played the best they have all season.

Still thinking 7-5...

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    See, I thought that our non-Livas recievers and our OL (in pass blocking, at least) had stretches in this game where they played the best they have all season.

Still thinking 7-5...
    Man, your avi was already the s*^%, then I saw your sig and about lost it. Well played sir, your avi/sig combo is full of win.

But back on topic, I think 7-5 is about where we will end up as well.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Man, your avi was already the s*^%, then I saw your sig and about lost it. Well played sir, your avi/sig combo is full of win.

But back on topic, I think 7-5 is about where we will end up as well.
    Thanks bud. I like to think its the sig/avi combo that gets RESULTS.

....I wonder if Emanski makes Quarterback Drills videos...

Varsity Bulldog Batman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg View Post
    We wil not beat Hawaii or Army.

Or SJSU or Nevada or Fresno.

We will go 4-8 and our AD will fire Dooley (hopefully).
    I disagree w/ that statement. It takes time to build a good team. We are heading in the right direction.

We had chances to score but failed. We will do better against the next 3 opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Thanks bud. I like to think its the sig/avi combo that gets RESULTS.

....I wonder if Emanski makes Quarterback Drills videos...
    Hell yes they do, and I think this man can help us get the results we are looking for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bulldog rustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nicerustydawg is just really nice rustydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I wouldn't call it vanilla, I would call it horrible play calling.

I would call dropped passes and horrible offensive line play (howbeit by young players who will only get better) the reason for our play calling. We probably have to make it as vanilla as possbile right now because we can't even execute the most simple plays. What would you do different as an OC when even the most simple plays cannot be executed consistently?

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

The most embarrassing part of the whole night was looking at their pressbox and comparing it to ours/we have got to do something about that eyesore of a press box and Boise has got to do something with that eyesore of a track around the field.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the ears bulldog95's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    How would you have felt about 38-24? If...

...the holding call is overlooked like so many others were

...Livas doesn't get tripped

...time doesn't run out in the 3rd qtr

...Bennett hits Livas in full stride when he has all day to make the throw

Just too many mistakes against a great team to keep it close. It would have taken a PERFECT game to win outright.
    Good teams don't make those mistakes...
    Good teams make the plays at critical points in the game, and have a philosophy that isn't based on "managing" the offense and "containing" the other team's offense. We need to be more aggressive on defense (can't get much worse than worst in the country in pass defense, what's to lose!) and less conservative on offense, and find a QB who can consistently make passes that are on-target and give his receivers a fighting chance to use their skills. And isolate Porter and Livas out in the open field for God's sake...

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I noticed a little bit of that too. After one of our star receivers dropped a ball, TB mouthed "what happened" in a WTF kinda of way. Other little things like that concerned me as well.
    That shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings, that just a leader stepping up.

This is football, this is the WAC, it ain't intramurals. If you don't like it go tell your mommy, Dan out.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am not football coach, but I noticed our receivers run to the db, bump him and then make a move. No damn wonder they are covered.

As for Stuart, Williams and Tuminello, I think they will be very good once they quit shittin yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    That shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings, that just a leader stepping up.

This is football, this is the WAC, it ain't intramurals. If you don't like it go tell your mommy, Dan out.
    He could have grabbed him by the face mask and kicked him in the ass for all I care...Sometimes on the message board it doesn't translate like you meant it too.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I disagree w/ that statement. It takes time to build a good team. We are heading in the right direction.

We had chances to score but failed. We will do better against the next 3 opponents.
    Welcome to the board.

You should learn to post things closer to reality though.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg View Post
    Welcome to the board.

You should learn to post things closer to reality though.
    You don't think we'll do better against UH, Idaho, and Army than we did @ Boise State? That seems realistic to me.

+ Reply to Thread