+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Settle down Beavis

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Settle down Beavis

We were supposed to be 1-3 at this point. We are 2-2 instead.

Nobody expected to beat Boise at Bronco Stadium. They simply do NOT lose at home. They could very well end their season in a BCS game. They have been the WAC's dominant team and a Top 10 offense for a nearly a decade now .

Yes, our offense is limper than Clay Aiken at the Playboy Mansion. But we knew that. Granted the lack of improvement is discouraging. But it's still hard to tell what kind of team this is. We've beat 2 teams we know are worse than us, and gotten whupped by 2 that we knew going in were better.

It sucks to get routed, but even without red zone miscues (a nasty little habit we're developing), we still score, at most, another 20 points. And that's still a loss.

There is still 2/3 of a season left to play, and the sky has not fallen yet.

( But if we get reamed this bad on the Islands, I'll panic. )

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Settle down Beavis

I agree. I was frrustrated and angry last night. I have been mad at our OL (and they still are a problem), but TB has got to get some more accuaracy and I don't think that is going to just happen. Sooooooooo, I think it is going to be up to our defense to MAKE things happen.

The bright spot on offense was Porter to me. Time to regroup, but I think I will stay angry the rest of the week. I have time over the weekend to start feeling a little better.

Most everyone on here picked a loss for this one. You have nothing to be upset about.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Those were two very good post from two otherwise very aggravating individuals.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree. I was frrustrated and angry last night. I have been mad at our OL (and they still are a problem), but TB has got to get some more accuaracy and I don't think that is going to just happen. Sooooooooo, I think it is going to be up to our defense to MAKE things happen.

The bright spot on offense was Porter to me. Time to regroup, but I think I will stay angry the rest of the week. I have time over the weekend to start feeling a little better.

Most everyone on here picked a loss for this one. You have nothing to be upset about.
    The only problem is that we picked a loss for this one...not a blowout on the interstate at 85 mph. Last night's performance was very discouraging for me to say the least. I wish we could have at least competed...oh crap...who do I sound like now?.?.?.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_in_baton_rouge View Post
    The only problem is that we picked a loss for this one...not a blowout on the interstate at 85 mph. Last night's performance was very discouraging for me to say the least. I wish we could have at least competed...oh crap...who do I sound like now?.?.?.
    How would you have felt about 38-24? If...

...the holding call is overlooked like so many others were

...Livas doesn't get tripped

...time doesn't run out in the 3rd qtr

...Bennett hits Livas in full stride when he has all day to make the throw

Just too many mistakes against a great team to keep it close. It would have taken a PERFECT game to win outright.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Just too many mistakes against a great team to keep it close. It would have taken a PERFECT game to win outright.
    I would have felt much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_in_baton_rouge View Post
    I would have felt much, much better.
    Not me, I'd be nit picking the mistakes that kept us from winning. That's what fans do.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    We were supposed to be 1-3 at this point. We are 2-2 instead.

Nobody expected to beat Boise at Bronco Stadium. They simply do NOT lose at home. They could very well end their season in a BCS game. They have been the WAC's dominant team and a Top 10 offense for a nearly a decade now .

Yes, our offense is limper than Clay Aiken at the Playboy Mansion. But we knew that. Granted the lack of improvement is discouraging. But it's still hard to tell what kind of team this is. We've beat 2 teams we know are worse than us, and gotten whupped by 2 that we knew going in were better.

It sucks to get routed, but even without red zone miscues (a nasty little habit we're developing), we still score, at most, another 20 points. And that's still a loss.

There is still 2/3 of a season left to play, and the sky has not fallen yet.

( But if we get reamed this bad on the Islands, I'll panic. )
    Its not so much the loss, its the magnitude of the loss.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

And if I would have been 6'8" instead of 6'0" I would be in the hall of fame beside Larry Bird.

Not me, I'd be nit picking the mistakes that kept us from winning. That's what fans do.
    But at least we would walk away with Boise's respect if we gave them a game...which we didn't...I don't care if they are ranked or not.

Varsity Bulldog Batman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really niceBatman is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    And if I would have been 6'8" instead of 6'0" I would be in the hall of fame beside Larry Bird.

If your aunt had a peter then she would be your uncle.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Just too many mistakes against a great team to keep it close.
    ...a disguised Rattay comes in and throws 4 TD's

We made SE La look great too.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i told my wife right then. we wont get in the endzone. ugh.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

We aren't there yet, this was going to be a loss. It was in Boise which makes it worse. I expected to cover the spread, but only by a point or so which would have still been a 3 touchdown loss. Losing is losing, every coach will tell you there isnt a column in the box score for moral victories. So you move on. We got the breaks to go our way last year and that is the only reason that team did as will as it did, this year the tipped balls etc aren't going our way. Had he not been coaching for a bowl berth in the last game last year, everyone and their mama's would be tickled to death with 2-2 and a real shot at an 8-4 season.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Man you guys can sugarcoat anything. Bottom line is we got our ass handed to us again in boise. Did I expect us to be 2-2 at this point?...yes i did, unfortunately everything that I thought would happen this season has, including close on scores( I had boise 52-17). Its not just Bennett, outside of Livas and Porter our offense is downright atrocious. WE absolutely struggle for a single yard. I also think we have the worst red zone offense in the entire countrty, am i the only one who thought we werent going to score when livas was tripped up? I had us going 6-6 and we still might, but my word that performance was far from elite last night.

+ Reply to Thread