+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Must Democrats Tell Lie?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Why Must Democrats Tell Lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You are basically making my case for me. Why are they poor if they are working hard if capitalism rewards hard work?
    Nobody said they were the smartest knife in the drawer. You have to invest and save that capitalism reward.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

You are basically making my case for me. Why are they poor if they are working hard if capitalism rewards hard work?
    Most are poor because they lack any self discipline. Hard work and proper capitalization by themselves are not enough. One has to be disciplined enough to live BELOW his means if he is to ever accumulate any wealth. This has been proven many times over by the number of professional athletes that end up dead broke a year or two after their playing days end. Our fake mainstream media try to pretend that the poor in America are poor ONLY because they've not been given a fair opportunity. We know this is not the truth. Most remain poor because of the crappy choices they make in life. Most drug addicts will end up poor if they live long enough. Most smokers of cigarettes that cost $7.00 a pack are poor, yet they still choose to smoke. The list goes on and on. Try again G-Man.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nobody said they were the smartest knife in the drawer. You have to invest and save that capitalism reward.
    Nevertheless, my point stands and you helped me make it. Thanks. Capital is worth more than labor in our economy. It is okay to admit it. The truth will set you free.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Most are poor because they lack any self discipline. Hard work and proper capitalization by themselves are not enough. One has to be disciplined enough to live BELOW his means if he is to ever accumulate any wealth. This has been proven many times over by the number of professional athletes that end up dead broke a year or two after their playing days end. Our fake mainstream media try to pretend that the poor in America are poor ONLY because they've not been given a fair opportunity. We know this is not the truth. Most remain poor because of the crappy choices they make in life. Most drug addicts will end up poor if they live long enough. Most smokers of cigarettes that cost $7.00 a pack are poor, yet they still choose to smoke. The list goes on and on. Try again G-Man.
    How many of these people do you think had the knowledge that capital is valued more than labor in our economy? And where might have gained this particular kernel of financial knowledge, let alone any financial literacy?

And let me ask another question - do you think it is easier or harder to gain that capital in a tax structure where income from labor is taxed at a higher rate than income from capital?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, those of us who live in the REAL world, know that labor/human resources is by far the single biggest line item in a business', and other organizations (public universities/schools, for instance), budgets. Usually 80%+. So, it's not like "evil" business people are not paying laborers. As for federal income tax...well, we also know "the poor" (49% of income earners, actually) not only pay NO INCOME TAX, many get checks!

Nope! while there are always exceptions, such exceptions prove the rule. This rule: successful people work hard, work smart, and work toward some financial goal. They make all kinds of sacrifices...financial, time.. to realize some end. "Renters" are just the opposite...again, with exceptions... and live for the moment, unwilling to make a sacrifice. They always have what they've always had because of this mindset.

ON ANOTHER NOTE!! A historical one...I find this tidbit interesting (you know me, I read a lot of history stuff):

During WWII there were numerous POW camps in Louisiana, one was Camp Ruston out west of town along Hwy 80. These German and Italian POWs were offered an opportunity to work the fields of huge federal government farms to produce food for our GIs. These prisoners were paid 80 cents per day, payable ONLY if they repatriated back to their home countries. If they decided to stay and seek asylum/residency in the US, which many did, they would not receive that payment. That is interesting enough. But adding to this story, the federal government paid blacks 50 cents per day for the exact same work. Our guvmint paid our enemies more than American citizens...who happened to be black. Outrageous!

And this related note. Many of you know Higgins Company of New Orleans designed and built the landing crafts our guys used to storm beaches, like on D-Day. When Higgins won the contract...and ultimately they built 22,000 boats...he presented his invoice to the War Department. They were like, whoa! that's a lot, and hey! why so much for labor costs? Higgins said that's his normal hourly rate. Well, the War Dept said, you have lots of women and blacks employed don't you? Yes. Well, pay them less! Higgins refused. He said I pay by the position on the assembly line and elsewhere and don't discriminate by gender or race.

They reluctantly agreed to pay his price. Now, there's a private sector capitalist trumping the federal government in what is right! Good job, Mr. Higgins!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Nevertheless, my point stands and you helped me make it. Thanks. Capital is worth more than labor in our economy. It is okay to admit it. The truth will set you free.

Now you've changed or tried to manipulate the topic totally.

Now you've changed or tried to manipulate the topic totally.
    No - that is what I have said from the beginning. Some of you have tried to twist it, but I have stayed on this point in this debate. It is really not a debatable point.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

How many of these people do you think had the knowledge that capital is valued more than labor in our economy? And where might have gained this particular kernel of financial knowledge, let alone any financial literacy?

And let me ask another question - do you think it is easier or harder to gain that capital in a tax structure where income from labor is taxed at a higher rate than income from capital?
    Your argument seems to weaken more and more as we continue debating this issue. I understand that most poor people in America are as dumb as dirt. Hell, most middle class people in America are, but that has nothing to do with what we've been debating. The truth is, there is no amount of money that would ever change the fact that most of these people (BUT CERTAINLY NOT ALL) are destined to live in poverty. It's the lifestyle they choose to lead. Those willing to do what it takes and, God forbid, WORK HARD, can certainly work their way out of the poverty trap the Democrats have set for them.

The tax structure in our capitalist society encourages investment. That is exactly what it should do. Investment is what CREATES JOBS for the poor, ignorant masses. Of course, a good communist like yourself may think this would be an evil thing for a rich capitalist to do.

The truth is, most successful capitalists did not start out rich. They started out with nothing and built their financial wealth by doing those things that it takes to succeed in America. Does dumb luck sometimes play a role in a person's success? Sure it does. Just as some people are gifted with God given talents that enable them make a personal fortune in our society, but those are the exceptions. The vast majority of successful people are risk takers that were willing to bet on their own abilities, WORK ethic, drive, and vision. The biggest difference between you and I in this debate is that while I celebrate the success of others, you loathe their success. That's too bad for you, as it can make for a pretty miserable existence.

I don’t loathe rich people’s success. Why do you need to believe that rich people are, on average, better than poor people?

I am not inserting judgment of people’s quality at all into this discussion, and I don’t think it belongs here - I don’t think you can speak about rich people or poor people generically. There are hard workers, good people, bad people, lazy people, talented people, lucky people on both sides of the economic spectrum. Have you ever seen any data that supports that people on the wealthy side work harder than those on the poorer side - or do you just know a few rich people that worked hard?

By the way - risk taking is something entirely different than hard work and drive. It is certainly something people are more willing to do when they have vision, which is something I am trying to spread here (rather than the myth of hard work).

Do you think people wouldn’t have vision, take risk, and invest their capital if it didn’t receive favorable tax treatment? Do we really need to tilt the tax code to favor a certain type of income when the market already values capital more than labor? Why do we take a higher percentage of income from time and work (labor) instead of income from capital? Under your hard work view of the world, wouldn’t it be better to incentive work since it is so virtuous?

I don’t loathe rich people’s success. Why do you need to believe that rich people are, on average, better than poor people?

I am not inserting judgment of people’s quality at all into this discussion, and I don’t think it belongs here - I don’t think you can speak about rich people or poor people generically. There are hard workers, good people, bad people, lazy people, talented people, lucky people on both sides of the economic spectrum. Have you ever seen any data that supports that people on the wealthy side work harder than those on the poorer side - or do you just know a few rich people that worked hard?

By the way - risk taking is something entirely different than hard work and drive. It is certainly something people are more willing to do when they have vision, which is something I am trying to spread here (rather than the myth of hard work).

Do you think people wouldn’t have vision, take risk, and invest their capital if it didn’t receive favorable tax treatment? Do we really need to tilt the tax code to favor a certain type of income when the market already values capital more than labor? Why do we take a higher percentage of income from time and work (labor) instead of income from capital? Under your hard work view of the world, wouldn’t it be better to incentive work since it is so virtuous?
    I don't believe rich people are better than poor people. I believe that rich people generally make better life decisions than do people that remain poor their whole lives. It's the consequences of their life decisions that differentiate the two.

I never said hard work alone was enough to succeed. I've known plenty of people that, because of stupid decisions they made, failed in spite of their hard work.

The poor pay little or no federal income taxes. I can agree that the middle class takes the biggest screwing from our income tax code. Is this the point that you've been trying to make for the last week? I think the middle class should have gotten a larger income tax break than what it did, but at least their income from investments is taxed at a lesser rate as it should be.

"Liar, lair head covering on fire!" But then again muslims are allowed to lie for the sake of Allah (which she probably thinks she is doing). This is the reason you can never negotiate with them or believe them most of the time. Tapes don't lie!!

Omar claims Obama comments were distorted by reporter – but her own audio says otherwise

THE TAPE DON’T LIE

THE TAPE DON’T LIE

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

All the Democrap's lies and BULLSHIT is about to be exposed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    All the Democrap's lies and BULLSHIT is about to be exposed!!!!
    Yeppers. The lying elitist libs are quickly seeing their chance at 2020 go into the dumpster.

TAMMY BRUCE: Dems admit obscene anti-Trump claims all a sham

Yeppers. The lying elitist libs are quickly seeing their chance at 2020 go into the dumpster.

TAMMY BRUCE: Dems admit obscene anti-Trump claims all a sham
    The StateTV News network doesn’t really provide support for that crazy headline.

+ Reply to Thread