+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments from Boise Fans

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Comments from Boise Fans

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=336&f=2246&t=3116729&p=1

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTundra
    Tech did not play like a run of the mill, WAC team. Yes they got beat by a bundle, but that athletic team was well coached and well disciplined. With a few less bad and dropped passes, this game might have been much closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseFAN
    If we were playing at La Tech, that would have been a very interesting game. They are very athletic and their running back is a stud.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoGrizz
    Most casual fans don't realize La tech is a hard working, solid football team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter17
    Tech always.. ALWAYS.. has the talent to win any game. While their playcalling was average to say the least, they've got the individual talent to match any WAC team out there, easily.
    Their QB was sub-par, and their playcalling was just void of any kind of aggressiveness or imagination.. but the talent is definitely there to make some noise in the conference.
    This was 38-3 victory.. but I really didn't fell like we 'dominated' them. Tech is the only other WAC team, (besides Fresno), that scares me every year. There's just always size, strength, and speed on their team. Soon as they get the right coaches in place, (Dooley's a keeper, but that OC needs to go), they'll be tough to beat, even on the Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by jibscout

Tech is going to make waves in the WAC and sneak up on alot of people.
    I predict they finish 2nd to BSU and this is their only loss.
    Fresno and Nevada have a tough road to hoe in Ruston.
    and my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by alanweezie
    Although we could have scored more, especially at the end, Tech held us to no more points than OU and they did it on the blue. Holding our offense to 37 points is no small feat.
    Bennett is terrible. If his receivers could catch, Bennett would have been up to a wopping 50% completion rate. I am so glad his mommy talked him into going to GT. He does get the award for being the only qb to lose twice on the Blue while playing for two different teams.

Tech did poorly because of poor execution on offense. Every series something went wrong for them. Course our defense is better than people think and they make things go wrong for the opponent.

I see Tech going 5-3 in the wac.
    Those are just a few. The Boise fans are classy and most of them were very complimentary of our discipline and toughness.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Comments from Boise Fans

If we can learn to throw and catch, we are right there with them. I think Dooley needs to learn quickly that the WAC is not the SEC. If you play pretty good defense, you still give up 35 points in this league. We are going to need a new philosophy on offense to keep up with all the scoring that goes on in the league. That's why we will lose to Hawaii, Nevada, and NM State this year. We need an offense capable of scoring 30 pts against WAC teams, and we don't have that. If we give up 24, we automatically lose.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, jl. It helps to read comments like that today.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

We need an offensive line, receivers that can catch when the ball is placed in their hands and a defense that does not leave Boise's talented receivers WIDE OPEN. Oh, and better play calling is a given. You could hear the laughs coming all across America at our play calling. Neutral refs would really help as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macp38 View Post
    Oh, and better play calling is a given. You could hear the laughs coming all across America at our play calling
    I got three texts at almost the same time after the third down call in the first series Saying, "nice third down call" My nine year old asked, "Why did they run that play?"
    :bigcry:

Puppy Spot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the ears

Just for the record, I was at the game last night and my friends all felt that your game against Nevada will be key in determining order in the WAC this season. I think that you will be 5-3 in the WAC as well and have a pretty darn good chance at a Bowl. You have a much better team than you had a few years ago, so I don't understand all of the doom and gloom.

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Spot50B View Post
    Just for the record, I was at the game last night and my friends all felt that your game against Nevada will be key in determining order in the WAC this season. I think that you will be 5-3 in the WAC as well and have a pretty darn good chance at a Bowl. You have a much better team than you had a few years ago, so I don't understand all of the doom and gloom.

I thought you were at the game? You'd be gloomy too if your team had all the mistakes and frustrating plays we did.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macp38 View Post
    We need an offensive line, receivers that can catch when the ball is placed in their hands and a defense that does not leave Boise's talented receivers WIDE OPEN. Oh, and better play calling is a given. You could hear the laughs coming all across America at our play calling. Neutral refs would really help as well.
    Agree with all. I would add, however, that Boise's receivers are open because their offensive coaches are apparent geniuses. They do such a good job of scheming to get receivers matched-up against LBs, which most teams just cannot defend. And these are simple plays that are run from multiple formations with a lot of shifting before the snap. They force your defense to get out of position. As a result, they have someone wide open on almost every play, and it's not purely athleticism that does it. Coaching. Good coaching.

Another thing that I cannot understand is how we cannot read a blitz and have hot routes against it. I've seen Boise for years now swing the RB out of the backfield when we blitz them, and it burns us every time. Easy lob to the RB into a zone on the field that is wide open after the WR clears the CB and the LB vacates the zone to blitz. No defender within 15 yards. Guaranteed it's a check-off. Coaching. Coaching.

Oh, and their arm-bar blocks, obvious horsecollar tackles, blatant pass interference penalties, and running out of bounds and back in to make the catch right in front of the referees do not hurt them, either. Apparently, that's the biggest advantage of playing on the blue turf.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

When I saw their Head Coach's resume you could why they play such good "pitch and catch"!

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

Tim Rattay for OC

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=336&f=2246&t=3116729&p=1

and my favorite

Those are just a few. The Boise fans are classy and most of them were very complimentary of our discipline and toughness.
    It's always a nice gesture to compliment someone right after you kick their ass.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I guess it is good for us when they see the same problems we see, wr drops, oc play calling....you would think our coaching staff would do something about it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I hate this thread, because it sounds like Tech fans are just fishing for a compliment. Tech did absolutely NOTHING last night to deserve a compliment.

HD

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

How does it sound like fishing for a compliment? Follow the link. These are Boise fans talking about us. Nobody asked them to say anything.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I hate this thread, because it sounds like Tech fans are just fishing for a compliment. Tech did absolutely NOTHING last night to deserve a compliment.

HD
    I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive on this board.... so no surprise here. Yes we absolutely did do good things last night. Don't throw the baby out.

+ Reply to Thread