+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comments from Boise Fans

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Comments from Boise Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spot50B View Post
    Just for the record, I was at the game last night... You have a much better team than you had a few years ago, so I don't understand all of the doom and gloom.
    We do this after EVERY loss :bigcry:, even if the opponent is the eventual National Champions; and often when we win too.

Hell, we won't win another game this season!!!

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Just for the record, I was at the game last night and my friends all felt that your game against Nevada will be key in determining order in the WAC this season. I think that you will be 5-3 in the WAC as well and have a pretty darn good chance at a Bowl. You have a much better team than you had a few years ago, so I don't understand all of the doom and gloom.
    While I appreciate your kind words. If you saw our other 3 games this season you might have a different opinion.

Yes we beat Miss State - will probably finish last in the SEC this year.
    Yes we lost to Kansas - a pretty good team but we scored 0
    Yes we beat SELA - we won but it should not have been that close

Have you seen our completion rate for passing?
    Have you seen how many points have been scored against us?

If you were at the game 2 years ago, that was one of our worst teams and the coach was fired at the end of the season.

After all this, i hope you are right.

Look forward to Boise coming to Ruston next year.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeDawgfan View Post
    Tim Rattay for OC
    Hmm....now that could be very interesting.

Puppy Spot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the earsSpot50B seems to have something between the ears

Have you seen Idaho, Utah State, New Mexico State, and Hawaii play this year? You guys play Fresno and Nevada at home this year-- I think you will win one of those and beat at least 3 out of the 4 teams above. 5-3 is very doable...The score was 38-3, but you could have easily scored 24 points and you will be able to score against these other WAC teams.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Have you seen Idaho, Utah State, New Mexico State, and Hawaii play this year? You guys play Fresno and Nevada at home this year-- I think you will win one of those and beat at least 3 out of the 4 teams above. 5-3 is very doable...The score was 38-3, but you could have easily scored 24 points and you will be able to score against these other WAC teams.
    Listen, go peddle your "reason" somewhere else...:icon_wink:

It doesn't really matter how much you point out the "facts". Apparently some here really thought we were going to go form worst to first in 2 years. Boise @ Boise is the TOUGHEST game in the WAC for any team in any year...the record proves that. This year's BSU happens to be the best since 2006. I think we're going to be fine...it's just going to take some time.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

I'm not mad that we lost to Boise. I'm mad at the way we lost to Boise. We didn't even really compete or even give them anything to worry about.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I expected the loss to boise. I am not happy about the way we lost but I am not particularly upset that we lost. As people have mentioned Boise at Boise is the toughest game in the wac for anybody. When Hawaii has a good team playing at Hawaii is also really tough. I saw some positives. Our running game looked good at times, Bennet had his first 0 int game as a bulldawg I think, I thought the O-line improved (though they still need some work). Didn't get the good bounces we needed on special teams so that hurt us. I have to admit the 70 yard rugby punt thing Boise did was awesome (sucked for us). I thought they played a great game even though IMO we got screwed a few times on calls. Things just didn't go our way.

Our offensive play calling gets an D- though. They did a good job of keeping Bennet out of situations where he was likely to throw a pick but just weren't at all aggressive.

Puppy BSUTOP25 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I'm not mad that we lost to Boise. I'm mad at the way we lost to Boise. We didn't even really compete or even give them anything to worry about.
    I can empathize with that ... it's the same way I felt after the Washington loss last year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive on this board.... so no surprise here.
    That's because you haven't been paying attention.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Absolutely correct. We never even made a game of it.

HD

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Just for the record, I was at the game last night and my friends all felt that your game against Nevada will be key in determining order in the WAC this season. I think that you will be 5-3 in the WAC as well and have a pretty darn good chance at a Bowl. You have a much better team than you had a few years ago, so I don't understand all of the doom and gloom.
    75% of the doom and gloom club are people with less than 50 posts... they only come here to vent. The only way we don't this is to win by 4 TD's every week.

Look at the people that are here all season, all sports.... we're fairly level-headed that we had a BAD game and we BETTER IMPROVE. We'll be fine and we'll win 7 or 8 games this year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Listen, go peddle your "reason" somewhere else...:icon_wink:

It doesn't really matter how much you point out the "facts". Apparently some here really thought we were going to go form worst to first in 2 years. Boise @ Boise is the TOUGHEST game in the WAC for any team in any year...the record proves that. This year's BSU happens to be the best since 2006. I think we're going to be fine...it's just going to take some time.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Apparently some here really thought we were going to go form worst to first in 2 years. .
    Well......it is the WAC, not the SEC or Big 10. :icon_wink:

HD

+ Reply to Thread