+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vatican:Democrats are 'party of death'

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Vatican:Democrats are 'party of death'

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: Vatican:Democrats are 'party of death'

They tagged a guy for that position from St. Louis. As archbishop of St. Louis he has long railed against the Democrats for their stance on abortion. He even went after Majerus when he spoke out in favor of abortion rights as basketball coach at a Catholic school. The Catholic liberals in St. Louis were very relieved when the Vatican appointed him to the position.

Trust me, the orthodox lay Catholics have long been waiting for the gaffe that Pelosi made a few weeks back. The moment she pretended to be a teacher on Catholic doctrines regarding morals she was going to get the ire of even some usually timid Catholic shepherds. Its nice to see a few bishops with spines these days.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

If the Catholic Church came out against BHO...the election would be decided tomorrow.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    If the Catholic Church came out against BHO...the election would be decided tomorrow.
    How I wish they would take that last true step of courage! I think Biden was raised Catholic though wasn't he and maybe still is?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There are MANY reasons to vote against the demos: economics, etc.

But, as a Catholic I have always thought I could never vote for/support a demo since that party has in its national platform advocation for abortion. And, if I were ever inclined to lean toward a demo candidate (say, some miracle happens and a true moderate to right-leaning demo was nominated) I could not for moral reasons, and for the fact that my Church teaches that abortion is murder. Most of us vote our pocketbooks, as the saying goes, but staying fast to the teachings of the Church on the abortion issue trumps finances, in my view.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I felt for Joe Biden last night when he choked up while mentioning the terrible, terrible loss of his wife and child, and how he almost lost another one. I shed a tear with him at that moment. I said to myself, I see goodness in that man, a good heart. So, it troubles me that he would be so weak, otherwise, and be a frickin' democrat! He is ignoring what he knows to be the right path. I pray that God will fill that void in his heart and that Joe Biden will turn away from the "party of death." Or, better yet, lead a fight from within the party to end the murder of the unborn. Perhaps he feels the demos have better economic policies (I don't, but maybe he does) and he wants to remain a demo. Okay. But! how can he not fight the wanton slaughter of the ultimate in innocence, babies????????

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I felt for Joe Biden last night when he choked up while mentioning the terrible, terrible loss of his wife and child, and how he almost lost another one. I shed a tear with him at that moment. I said to myself, I see goodness in that man, a good heart. So, it troubles me that he would be so weak, otherwise, and be a frickin' democrat! He is ignoring what he knows to be the right path. I pray that God will fill that void in his heart and that Joe Biden will turn away from the "party of death." Or, better yet, lead a fight from within the party to end the murder of the unborn. Perhaps he feels the demos have better economic policies (I don't, but maybe he does) and he wants to remain a demo. Okay. But! how can he not fight the wanton slaughter of the ultimate in innocence, babies????????

A dead on excellent post!

Oh and thanks DB2 for the red dot. Religious/Godly right vs wrong issues that some of us have moral convictions about really get to you don't they? I love those red dots coming from you as well as just knowing you are still a lurker that can't wait to read mine and others threads/posts on BB&B! So much for you staying away huh?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I sadly suspect this wouldn't be the case. Most orthodox Catholics are already voting for anyone but Obama. Its between McCain and a third party candidate. Second, candidate selections are not a matter of faith and morals so every liberal Catholic would rightly feel free to disregard what the bishops say here and since disregarding bishops is part and parcel of liberal Catholicism, you wouldn't be gaining any votes here. That said, voting IS a matter of applied faith and morals so the bishops do often speak about what issues are important in the political sphere. What the Church does do, at least the USCCB did this time, is writeup a document called Faithful Citizenship. The NY bishops also produced a similar document regarding issues important to Catholic voters for their diocese.

Funny thing is that a video spelling out some of what is in that document was hammered by Obama supporters threatening to report the Church as violating seperation of Church and state and thus be at risk for losing federal funding for its charitable work for daring to point out its teachings on life issues. It was that obvious to Obama supporters who comes out on top.

A Catholic blogger enumerated the document into talking points and scored the candidates based on a simple rating system. Ron Paul would have been the preferred candidate based on Faithful Citizenship by a LOT. Clinton would have scored higher than Rudy G. Also Hillary was the preferred Democrat. Obama was almost dead last.

Still those weightings with be higher for some than others, especially for non-essential things like subsidiarity in educational choices (i.e. very pro-homeschooling) really tipped me into the Paul category for a long time. I am reluctantly supporting McCain at this point but I am not a huge fan of either party.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I usually try to stay away from this issue since it is so sensitive to many people but it would be in McCain's best interest not to push this issue. People already know where he and Sarah stand on the issue and it is the one issue that would possibly swing a vote to Obama if he makes it a bigger issue in his campaign. Many women do not necessarily disagree with McCain's view but they see it more as men telling women what they can do with their bodies and their personal choice to make such a difficult decision. If women anticipate that McCain would go into office and hard charge the issue loading the bench to overturn roe v wade they would vote for Obama. My take is that like his predecessors, McCain and any other republican wanting to be elected to office do not change the current rulings or they will be tossed out quickly.

McCain has the benefit of being considered one to reach across the aisle to work with others and respect different view points and knows not to touch this issue to lose his credibility. Women that I have observed in comments or discussion respect that McCain would not run and try to overturn current rulings on the matter so they can justifiably vote for him since they agree with him on other matters and even some that disagree with him on many matters but dislike Obama and the way he treated Hillary. If he starts making this an issue in the last weeks he will lose big time. It will not matter if the woman is Catholic or not from what I have seen. It is more about women's rights and that is a bigger issue they care about. This is purely my observation and I am sure there are some women that would want abortion to be illegal no matter what but the vast majority of them do not see it so narrowly on the issue.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    I usually try to stay away from this issue since it is so sensitive to many people but it would be in McCain's best interest not to push this issue. People already know where he and Sarah stand on the issue and it is the one issue that would possibly swing a vote to Obama if he makes it a bigger issue in his campaign. Many women do not necessarily disagree with McCain's view but they see it more as men telling women what they can do with their bodies and their personal choice to make such a difficult decision. If women anticipate that McCain would go into office and hard charge the issue loading the bench to overturn roe v wade they would vote for Obama. My take is that like his predecessors, McCain and any other republican wanting to be elected to office do not change the current rulings or they will be tossed out quickly.

McCain has the benefit of being considered one to reach across the aisle to work with others and respect different view points and knows not to touch this issue to lose his credibility. Women that I have observed in comments or discussion respect that McCain would not run and try to overturn current rulings on the matter so they can justifiably vote for him since they agree with him on other matters and even some that disagree with him on many matters but dislike Obama and the way he treated Hillary. If he starts making this an issue in the last weeks he will lose big time. It will not matter if the woman is Catholic or not from what I have seen. It is more about women's rights and that is a bigger issue they care about. This is purely my observation and I am sure there are some women that would want abortion to be illegal no matter what but the vast majority of them do not see it so narrowly on the issue.
    I agree.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

You know I think it would do a lot of good to educate the public that overturning Roe V. Wade would not end abortion. It would only revert the decission back to the states where it belongs.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    You know I think it would do a lot of good to educate the public that overturning Roe V. Wade would not end abortion. It would only revert the decission back to the states where it belongs.
    Depends what the SC says when overturning it.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

GonzoDawg ... thats the step pro-lifers want. They understand that part of it and would much prefer to fight that battle at a local level. The problem is that Democrats have conceded pro-lifers in favor of the late-term/born-alive aboriton crowd. The position is ripe for the taking as pro-lifers get increasingly disgruntled with Republican words turning into a laundry list of actions that amount to very little reduction in terms of numbers of abortions.

I think it would be wise to educate Democrats that they would immediately swing a portion of the Catholic vote back left by simply backing off the hard-line abortion industry support and developing its supposed "legal but rare" line to include actual legislation designed to substantially reduce the number of abortions in this country.

The Democrats for Life plan claims a 90% reduction in abortions. If they were to pass that it would completely undermine what little credibility the Republicans retain with the already disgruntled pro-life vote. To me, that solution just seems too obvious.

This morning our priest read a letter from the bishop. It was clear that it was inspired by the recent edict from the Vatican. It stopped short of becoming political. No names of candidates, parties, elections, government, nothing of the kind was even mentioned in the letter. It was mostly a reaffirmation of the theology and teachings of the Church regarding life. But, as one who keeps up with current events, it was easy to connect the dots.

I had a "debate" with a fellow Catholic recently. She is a liberal, on many issues, including abortion. I simply said she had the right as an American to adopt whichever side of the issue she wanted to, but not as a Roman Catholic. There is no gray area in the Church's teaching. Quit the Church, I said, find another church that endorses murder. That way you can be consistent and not a hypocrite. She wanted no part of it. Said she had every right to support abortion....oh, not that she would ever have an abortion, she thinks that would be wrong....but that she supports other women's rights to have abortions. Again, as I said, from a secular perspective that is fine, but not as a member of the Roman Catholic Church.

I know people who attend Christian churches and do not believe in the divinity of Christ. Their reasons vary from liking the structure provided by the Church to enjoying the fellowship. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread