+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Morris

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Dennis Morris

How many more passes have to bounce off of Dennis Morris chest or hands before they move him to DE?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Dennis Morris

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    How many more passes have to bounce off of Dennis Morris chest or hands before they move him to DE?

6?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

We need to do one of two things with Dennis Morris.

1. Move him to fullback and have some running and passing packages that get him the ball. His intention from the beginning of coming to Tech was to be on offense and play running back so he could score touchdowns and hear his name heard. He, apparently, didn't feel that would happen on defense. He's not seeing the opportunity he wants at te, so we're not going to get his maximum effort. So, it is my opinion that he would serve best as a fullback where he can get about 10 carries a game as well as maybe 5 passes or so out of the backfield.

or

2. Since it was obvious from day 1 that he didn't want to be a team player and play on the defensive line where he could have been possibly one of the best we've ever had, he needs to be forgotten and placed on the scout team which will give a younger player a chance to get in some games and get experience at this level. Dennis Morris will never make a significant impact to this team in relation to his ability and just needs to be placed on the back burner so he can at least get his degree and make something of his life. That'll be best for all involved.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Did he play Wed. night?

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    6?
    12?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

He played but was not thrown to.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think you have him mixed up with #43 who dropped the pass out of the backfield.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Is he related to Philip?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I never saw Morris on the field.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I say Roosevelt Falls could add depth at LB and Dennis Could at Mike or DE.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

If he wants to ever have anything, he needs to MAN UP and figure out why he's not on the field, correct it, or go to the coaches about other opportunities.

Dennis is too soft to play DE, and possibly FB. He's had ONE moment in his 3 years; just that catch where he ran over the aTm safety. He has done NOTHING ELSE to ever have his name mentioned.

Too bad.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Dennis is too soft to play DE, and possibly FB.
    I'm gonna have to call BS on this one (and not because I think Doc would wet his pants if Dennis read this:icon_wink. You take more shots at TE than you EVER take at DE. It's not even close (especially with Tech QBs).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I'm gonna have to call BS on this one (and not because I think Doc would wet his pants if Dennis read this:icon_wink. You take more shots at TE than you EVER take at DE. It's not even close (especially with Tech QBs).
    Difference is that he has alligator arms when there is a 180 lb safety going to hit him, how do some of us hope that he can take on a 320 lb Tackle or 245 lb linebacker??

He's a total dud that can't even get on the field.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Difference is that he has alligator arms when there is a 180 lb safety going to hit him, how do some of us hope that he can take on a 320 lb Tackle or 245 lb linebacker??
    That's not the only difference. That 180lb safety is running full speed while the TE is basically defenseless. Tackles are slow and in the WAC they are usually waiting for they are usually moving backwards (pass blocking). The physics are pretty easy.

As for whether or not he's a dud, that's a matter of opinion. I wouldn't say he's any more dudley than the guys in front of him. Expectations are a blessing and a curse...I think they've cursed Dennis. I'm certainly not sure what he's done (or not done) to be singled out in a thread on the open board.

But hey, he'll get a college education that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise and all he has to put up with are madden superstars on an internet message board...pretty fair trade if you ask me.

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's not the only difference. That 180lb safety is running full speed while the TE is basically defenseless. Tackles are slow and in the WAC they are usually waiting for they are usually moving backwards (pass blocking). The physics are pretty easy.

As for whether or not he's a dud, that's a matter of opinion. I wouldn't say he's any more dudley than the guys in front of him. Expectations are a blessing and a curse...I think they've cursed Dennis. I'm certainly not sure what he's done (or not done) to be singled out in a thread on the open board.

But hey, he'll get a college education that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise and all he has to put up with are madden superstars on an internet message board...pretty fair trade if you ask me.

Yeap, he's getting the better end of the deal with a free education, because he surely isn't earning it.

Also, If i'm 265 pounds and running about 4.8 speed, should I really be that worried about what a 180lb guy's going to do to me?? That occasional shot in the ribs would hurt, but if we go head to head, he'll be going out of the game. Too bad he doesn't play this way.

+ Reply to Thread