+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bennett and Beck

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Bennett and Beck

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    michael,

i get into tech football as much or more than anyone i know, but your priorities are out of whack. those guys do not put on a tech uniform for you! who gives a shit if you were embarrassed. who gives a shit that you got laughed at. boo frickity who. get over yourself already.

You know what? These guys put on a Tech uniform for every one of us who pay to see them play, who buy season tickets, who buy Tech products, who go to all the games, who listen to or watch every televised game, who give to ATAC, who live and breathe Tech football. Yes, they damn sure do put it on for US. I give a shit if HD was embarrassed, I give a shit if WE were embarrassed, I give a shit if I was embarrassed. YOU may not give a shit, but a lot of us damn sure do. I work with LSU fans, I DREAD going to work after a night like Wednesday. You really are a jerk sometimes, you know it?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

michael,

i get into tech football as much or more than anyone i know, but your priorities are out of whack. those guys do not put on a tech uniform for you! who gives a shit if you were embarrassed. who gives a shit that you got laughed at. boo frickity who. get over yourself already.
    I "give a shit" (to quote you), even if you don't. I'll remember your comments next time the Tech Athletic Department asks for money and I have to decide to buy season tickets or not.

HD

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I "give a shit" (to quote you), even if you don't. I'll remember your comments next time the Tech Athletic Department asks for money and I have to decide to buy season tickets or not.

HD
    I don't have a dog in this fight but...

You wouldn't give money to Tech just to spite Professor, HD?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    You know what? These guys put on a Tech uniform for every one of us who pay to see them play, who buy season tickets, who buy Tech products, who go to all the games, who listen to or watch every televised game, who give to ATAC, who live and breathe Tech football. Yes, they damn sure do put it on for US. I give a shit if HD was embarrassed, I give a shit if WE were embarrassed, I give a shit if I was embarrassed. YOU may not give a shit, but a lot of us damn sure do. I work with LSU fans, I DREAD going to work after a night like Wednesday. You really are a jerk sometimes, you know it?
    Thank you so much. You are absolutely correct. "The Professor" better keep his ass in the classroom because he really doesn't understand how the real world outside of academia works.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight but...

You wouldn't give money to Tech just to spite Professor, HD?
    The Professor is insignificant. The good news is, it's my money and I'll decide what to do with it.

HD

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Thank you so much. You are absolutely correct. "The Professor" better keep his ass in the classroom because he really doesn't understand how the real world outside of academia works.

HD
    You are welcome, HD. The Professor needs to get over himself already. He doesn't have a clue if he thinks those players aren't dressing out for anyone except themselves. Dooley himself said "we" are the customers and "they" are providing a product.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

With that new sticker Dooley put on the back of their helmets, aren't they playing for the entire state of Louisiana??

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

People are really embarrassed because we lost a football game? We played horribly, but I don't see how a fan gets embarrassed because his team lost: something over which he has no control.

I want us to win and will critique the team as much as the next guy, but I've never been embarrassed to be a Tech alumnus because of performance on the field. Now if there were some sort of scandal (a la Gary Barnett and Colorado), then I could see being embarrassed. But not by play on the field. As much as we love it, it's just a game.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Bennett is absolutely correct. Tech embarrrassed me Wed nite.

I watched the Tech-BSU game in a sports bar in Chicago with some fellow business executives. They got a big laugh at my expense when Tech looked so bad. Even THEY couldn't believe that Tech couldn't score on 4 downs from inside the 5-yd line. Truly pathetic.

HD
    I find it hard to believe that it is really as bad as you make it out to be. I work with LSU fans and last year before the game I kept telling them it won't be a blowout and we have the talent to keep up with them. Monday the only thing I got from them was a copy of the box score.

If you are getting your feelings hurt over a football game maybe you should look deeper into what Bret is saying. If you want to be a fan and experience the highs you also have to take the lows. Given over the past 10 years there have been an awful lot of lows but that just means we are in store for a lot of good.

BTW next time your friends are making fun of you why don't you remind them of when there school was their lows...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Johnny, when are you going to "get it"?

I think it's been pretty clearly established that it's NOT the loss to BSU that bothers Tech fans....it's the WAY we lost to BSU, specifically our inability to SCORE and create some offense. Not scoring a single point when inside the opponents 5-yd line in three different games this year is an ugly, ugly example of what I'm talking about.

Get the message, and pass it on.

HD
    Oh, I get it. I'm as upset about the O as anyone else. What I don't understand is how our performance Wednesday is surprising to anyone. We've had offensive struggles ALL year. Boise has one of the best D's in the WAC and Boise is one of the toughest places in the country to go out and play well...the stats prove that.

I'm not satisfied, I'm not pleased, I'm not happy. But, it's ridiculous that people come on here and act as though the rest of the season is in the garbage because we lost to Boise. Most folks could see this blow-out coming from a mile away. The funny thing is, we actually moved the ball better than I thought we would. We just can't seem to score.

We seem to do this with every loss or every win that's not by the right margin. In losses, we totally forget about who we were playing and focus on our own issues. Boise is good. They are probably the best team we've played. The week before Boise whooped us, they whooped Oregon (the score doesn't tell the tale). Oregon's D got all sorts of pre-season hype and they allowed one less point than we did. We were very close to making this a game. One bad call and some sophomore stupidity kept it from being 38-14...would that really have been that much better?

Sometimes I think NO ONE here would be satisfied unless we were throwing for 400 yards a game. Those days are gone folks and I don't see them coming back with SEC-groomed Dooley. Was the blow-out loss to Nebraska less painful than this one because we put up a bunch of passing yards? No disrespect to T. Edwards at all, but IMO there's not much of a difference. A blow-out is a blow-out.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. Let's see how we do against Hawaii before we mail in the rest of the season.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

If we win on the island it will be a nice change. At least we have Fresno at home. Oh, and good post prof. We like to forget sometimes that these guys are just kids, and kids should never be shamed the way they have been on these boards. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Was the blow-out loss to Nebraska less painful than this one because we put up a bunch of passing yards? No disrespect to T. Edwards at all, but IMO there's not much of a difference. A blow-out is a blow-out.
    Yes, it was less painful. Way less painful. When I think of Nebraska I never think of INEPT.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

When you give up 56 points, somebody is inept.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Oh, I get it. I'm as upset about the O as anyone else. What I don't understand is how our performance Wednesday is surprising to anyone. We've had offensive struggles ALL year. Boise has one of the best D's in the WAC and Boise is one of the toughest places in the country to go out and play well...the stats prove that.

I'm not satisfied, I'm not pleased, I'm not happy. But, it's ridiculous that people come on here and act as though the rest of the season is in the garbage because we lost to Boise. Most folks could see this blow-out coming from a mile away. The funny thing is, we actually moved the ball better than I thought we would. We just can't seem to score.

We seem to do this with every loss or every win that's not by the right margin. In losses, we totally forget about who we were playing and focus on our own issues. Boise is good. They are probably the best team we've played. The week before Boise whooped us, they whooped Oregon (the score doesn't tell the tale). Oregon's D got all sorts of pre-season hype and they allowed one less point than we did. We were very close to making this a game. One bad call and some sophomore stupidity kept it from being 38-14...would that really have been that much better?

Sometimes I think NO ONE here would be satisfied unless we were throwing for 400 yards a game. Those days are gone folks and I don't see them coming back with SEC-groomed Dooley. Was the blow-out loss to Nebraska less painful than this one because we put up a bunch of passing yards? No disrespect to T. Edwards at all, but IMO there's not much of a difference. A blow-out is a blow-out.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. Let's see how we do against Hawaii before we mail in the rest of the season.
    Those that couldn't are either wearing blue colored glasses and can't see reality through their school spirit OR are incredibly unrealistic about the talent that sits on this roster. I sure hope it is the former.

HD,

YOU of all people should "get it." I beleive it was you, who correctly pointed out several times that until we have a decent QB we are in trouble. Guess what?? We don't have even close to a decent QB. And on top of that we have GLARING holes in MANY other areas. If you expected anything other than what happenned Wed. night than you need to wake up. Anyone with any limited knowledge of college football could see that coming a mile away. It doesn't mean I am happy we got our tails handed to us. It does mean until this roster is overhauled some more we are going to have more games like this. It's part of rebuilding. Unlike some other schools we are not Re-loading, we are rebuilding from the bottom up. I consider losing 10 games in a season pretty much rock bottom. Your 3 years maximum comment doesn't fly when Dooley won't even have a Senior he recruited ont he roster and his Junior class isn't even all his. Totally unrealistic at this point. And I am not one to give coaches a lot of rope. I remember a long time ago being one of the only ones along with you who knew Bicknell needed to be fired after the SFA game. HE had talent then and blew it. Dooley is in a far, far different boat. He inherited a team with hardly any team speed and weak at almost every position. If JB3 were still here I wouldn't be shocked if we were 0-4 right now.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

michael,

Right on, who cares about HD's embarrassment, lmao. Just like after the Hawaii game last year, If you think that we are going to win the WAC after beating a terrible Mississippi State team your setting yourself up for a big let down.
    Last edited by longdawgview; 10-05-2008 at 12:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread