+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The goat strikes again

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

The goat strikes again

Dodgers win series 3-0. on to the NLCS

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: The goat strikes again

I have a lot of Cubs fans in my family as my father is from IL. I sure was hearing a lot of talk about how this was the year since it was the 100 year anniversary of the last time they won the World Series. Ths scared me because it has also been 100 years since the Tunguska event. Remember, Cubs World Series victory = major disaster somewhere on the Earth. The Dodgers did the right thing to prevent another disaster because who knows where the next one would have landed?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I am a Cubs fan I don't think you can blame this one on the curse. In '03 they were two outs from advancing to the NLCS and had a 3-1 lead on the Marlins. Then the Bartman thing happened (wasn't really his fault anyway), they lose the game, lose two more and the whole thing falls apart. In times like that, you have to wonder about a curse.

This was just plain bad baseball. They had about the same number of runs in the series as they had errors. They gave up almost as many walks as they had hits. Couldn't hit, couldn't catch, couldn't throw. When that happens, it's not going to be pretty. Definitely nothing to be proud of.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I don't even know if you can all it a choke job -

I don't think they played well enough in any game for it to be considered a choke...

:bigcry:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I don't even know if you can all it a choke job -

I don't think they played well enough in any game for it to be considered a choke...

:bigcry:
    I pissed that they actually reeled me in this year and I fell for it.

I'm actually more angry at myself than I am the Cubs for believing in them this time.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

One of the few bright sides of the Cubs' early exit...

Just gives the Wrigley Field grounds crew more time to get the field ready to set up the rink for the NHL Winter Classic on New Year's Day.

+ Reply to Thread