+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Radio Show Cancelled This Week - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech Radio Show Cancelled This Week - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Due to Louisiana Tech's irregular practice schedule this week due to the Bulldogs departing Thursday heading to Honolulu, "Inside Bulldog Football" with Derek Dooley has been canceled.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Tech Radio Show Cancelled This Week - latechsports.com

Hmmm. I'm a little surprised something couldn't be worked out (like a Monday show or something). Unless DD just didn't want to have to talk about the Boise game. Awfully suspicious...

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Hmmm. I'm a little surprised something couldn't be worked out (like a Monday show or something). Unless DD just didn't want to have to talk about the Boise game. Awfully suspicious...

I agree. It was announced numerous times over the past several weeks that the shows before the Boise and Hawaii games would be on Monday night due to travel schedules. They reminded us at last Monday's show that the next one would be on Monday, 10/6...

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

Don't run Coach Dooley....confront adversity and conflict head on.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Now this is odd. Before the Boise game both of these shows were to be on a Monday evening. Did DD not realize he would have an irregular practice schedule prior to this? I doubt that. The man details down to the minute. This disappoints me. Just come on out, Derek. Come tell us about Boise...and what you are going to do about Hawaii.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Now this is odd. Before the Boise game both of these shows were to be on a Monday evening. Did DD not realize he would have an irregular practice schedule prior to this? I doubt that. The man details down to the minute. This disappoints me. Just come on out, Derek. Come tell us about Boise...and what you are going to do about Hawaii.
    This doesn't pass the smell test.

You don't cancel the show last minute...if needed someone else from the department steps in, but the show goes on. As soon as the mentions were made both on last Monday's show and on the game broadcast Wednesday, a show cancellation was no longer a viable option.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    This doesn't pass the smell test.

You don't cancel the show last minute...if needed someone else from the department steps in, but the show goes on. As soon as the mentions were made both on last Monday's show and on the game broadcast Wednesday, a show cancellation was no longer a viable option.
    Now that's an idea. Send Scelfo to do the interview. And let's do the whole thing by call-in.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Now that's an idea. Send Scelfo to do the interview. And let's do the whole thing by call-in.
    No let's all go and meet and greet him. .

This sucks. When you make a commitment to do something you should just do it. I doubt this is any more painful to face than last Thursday morning in an office full of LSU fans. It's an hour DD. Man up.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

I think I hear the chickens in the back yard.....Sure as hell dont hear the rooster crowing....

JB did kind of slip in to the QB lunches when he got his rear whipped....

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

This does concern me. JBIII never was no show at his radio shows. He did take the critism, much deserved. I am not sure what is more disappointing, him not showing up to take the heat or the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    This does concern me. JBIII never was no show at his radio shows. He did take the critism, much deserved. I am not sure what is more disappointing, him not showing up to take the heat or the game.
    He always showed up at the QB club lunch and he always showed up for his radio show. No matter how horrible the game or how angry the people. He always showed up.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Last year when Dooley arrived and before he was promoted to AD, he (DD) told an unnamed individual that he did not have time for "that S---" at the QB luncheon. A lot of heavy $$$supporters always attended that luncheon. At least KR sends a rep if he cant attend and Long or a rep showed up when things did not go well.

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    Last year when Dooley arrived and before he was promoted to AD, he (DD) told an unnamed individual that he did not have time for "that S---" at the QB luncheon. A lot of heavy $$$supporters always attended that luncheon. At least KR sends a rep if he cant attend and Long or a rep showed up when things did not go well.
    I went every Monday and I miss it.

Now DD may not have time for that S--- since he is the AD and the coach. But you cannot tell me that from Thursday when they got back to Thursday when they leave they won't have plenty of time for practice and still do the radio show. Even Bennett and Beck had time to play golf as reported on another thread...

Next week when they get back on Sunday and have a game on Saturday will there be time to do it on Thursday evening???

I'm sorry, I don't think this is fair to the fans.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

I am not one to listen to reports from unnamed individuals. If you care to name the source, then do so. If not, keep this kind of BS off this section. I am disappointed enough and don't need any rumor to skew my disappointmentness.

What I do know is

1.) We are 2 and 2 - Respectable
    2.) The two wins are good, no matter how we played - Good
    3.) Kansas beat us handily on national TV - Disappointed
    4.) Boise St beat us handily on national TV - Disappointed
    5.) We scored 3 points total in our losses - Disappointed
    6.) DD is not doing his weekly radio show - Disappointed
    7.) JBIII is no longer in Ruston - Good
    8.) The sun comes up in the East - Good
    9.) Anheuser-Busch selling out - yet to be determined.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I know that he said something to this effect about the SHREVEPORT QB club meetings, but I didn't know about the Ruston ones.

+ Reply to Thread