+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 09 lineup and rotation Predictions

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: 09 lineup and rotation Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Threlkeld tore it up at today. HR, single off the wall in center, and another base hit to right.
    All I have seen of this kid has impressed me beyond belief. I saw him in the summer playing with District 5 and he hit a line drive off the wall with a wooden bat. Tonight his homerun bounced off of UP and he also had a hard hit off centerfield wall.

I wonder if there is any chance we see both him and CK in the lineup at the same time during the season. They are a force for the Blue team. Both had homeruns today.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    All I have seen of this kid has impressed me beyond belief. I saw him in the summer playing with District 5 and he hit a line drive off the wall with a wooden bat. Tonight his homerun bounced off of UP and he also had a hard hit off centerfield wall.

I wonder if there is any chance we see both him and CK in the lineup at the same time during the season. They are a force for the Blue team. Both had homeruns today.

He is more a 3B than MIF. So if Kersten were to play at times at SS or elsewhere, then he play some as bat as you say is above avg. and projects a good college hitter. Nick Grunenwald (sp?) nursing throwing arm after late summer surgery and hope he can be full strength by spring. Ashton Hughes can fill in nicely at SS or 2B. Dageford was late summer addition from JC ranks after a year. Colson, RHP, from Rayville I think, may have to redshirt as way behind after ankle injury late sr year of HS, tried to play on it during summer, and ended up having to have surgery on it late summer, rehabing this fall.

Key this spring is can they play better small ball than last year when they have the opportunities to do this and manufacture some runs instead of wait on home run, especially when playing on the road in bigger park dimensions. Second, defense must be better out of the gate and not take over half the season to get better as last season so it helps support some of the younger pitchers early. Third, three younger pitchers need to step up. Team could be exciting team with nice blend of some youth with some experience as couple of years ago. That was fun team to watch.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: 09 lineup and rotation Predictions

How does Threlkeld perform at thirdbase? If he is above average you could move Kersten over to firstbase and take advantage of his height and fielding abilities. Most of Kerstens' 17 errors last season were throwing errors, so that would be a positive moving him over there.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    How does Threlkeld perform at thirdbase? If he is above average you could move Kersten over to firstbase and take advantage of his height and fielding abilities. Most of Kerstens' 17 errors last season were throwing errors, so that would be a positive moving him over there.
    Love that idea!!!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I was paying more attention to the hitting than fielding but I thought Threkeld looked good at 3rd. Didn't seem like there was a hole in the defense.

Only play I saw was when a groundball hit a patch of what looked like sand and took a weird bounce. I think Kevin Winn was on base and he stopped when it looked like he clearly could have made it to 3rd. My guess is he thought it was a fluke and didn't want to take advantage of the Blue team in just an intersquad scrimmage.

By the way I understand it is good baseball logic to intentionally walk CK (especially with an open base) but it seems a little fishy to pull that in the fall world series. And he got the intentional walk twice yesterday.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

I would say Mark is well beyond above average at 3rd. He's a good 3rd baseman....bottom line. Kersten has looked decent at SS too, but having him at first is a good idea. I wonder if he would be up for it.

I agree about the intentional walks. Especially when the white team was down by 5 and there was no one on base. He does have 3 HRs in 3 games though.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

We have a plethora of 1B that can't play real well in another position. Only reason mentioned possibility of Kersten sliding over to SS at times to give Threadkil (sp?) some playing time for future development is in event older Grunenwald is not full strength with arm and comfort level by start of Spring, but Ashton Huges could get nod to start at SS in that event.

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    We have a plethora of 1B that can't play real well in another position. Only reason mentioned possibility of Kersten sliding over to SS at times to give Threadkil (sp?) some playing time for future development is in event older Grunenwald is not full strength with arm and comfort level by start of Spring, but Ashton Huges could get nod to start at SS in that event.
    I think Mire came in and played 3rd base yesterday. I am not sure who else we have to play 1st. Alex Williams and Nick's little bro were playing it yesterday.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

I think Mire came in and played 3rd base yesterday. I am not sure who else we have to play 1st. Alex Williams and Nick's little bro were playing it yesterday.
    You sure about Mire playing 3rd? When was that? Mire, Williams, A. Grunenwald, and Clements all play 1st. Mire and Williams also play OF, Clements and Williams can pitch. I'm not sure what else A. Grunenwald can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    You sure about Mire playing 3rd? When was that? Mire, Williams, A. Grunenwald, and Clements all play 1st. Mire and Williams also play OF, Clements and Williams can pitch. I'm not sure what else A. Grunenwald can play.
    I thought he came in and replaced Threkeld at 3rd. I am really not sure. Mostly because I don't know who is who anymore.

Probably doesn't help that the jersey numbers are all screwed up in the program.

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

when does spring practice start? end of january..couldnt remember exactly when..thanks have a good christmas.....................any new predictions since the end of the fall and seen any new good talent

+ Reply to Thread