+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for the SAINTS!!!!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Time for the SAINTS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    I had issues with many of the decisions Payton made last night, but this wasn't even on the radar. Minnesota has arguably the best run defense in the NFL. Trying to run Deuce between the tackles was a bad idea. Obviously, the plan was different against the 49ers last week, with Payton giving Deuce 20 carries for 70+ yards.
    I agree that the Vikings have a good run defense. But, if you watch Reggie run the ball in any game this season his forward progress stops as soon as someone touches him...literally, just a touch. The best example was in the second half last night when they ran a sweep to the left side of the offense. The CB ran up and bumped Reggie on the shoulders with his hands; Reggie stood up and trotted out of bounds for no gain. That happens a LOT with him as our only RB. Deuce would have no problem lowering his shoulder and making someone earn it, and he would at least fall forward and get a yard. Our run game isn't sustaining drives and Deuce is the guy to keep them going.

Injuries are hurting the team right now, but with half of the team on the DL, why not play your best RB? Makes no sense to me.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Both those games still have a LONG WAY to go before the Raiders MNF game of the late 70's....

Or the Sunday nite Sabler Fumble Cowgirls game in 1984/1985?

Those were TRULY gut wrenchers....
    That Raiders game was atrocious.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

yeah.

even i can't poke fun at saints diehards for this ones.

i envy your ability to stick with this team.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Straydawg:

The one thing to remember about Deuce - he still has a lot of knee soreness. It was a big topic here on WWL last week. They're being very carefull with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Straydawg:

The one thing to remember about Deuce - he still has a lot of knee soreness. It was a big topic here on WWL last week. They're being very carefull with him.
    Thanks, Historian.

How did he feel after last weeks game? Did they talk about that?

He ran for about 70-75 yds and looked good, and Payton said that he would be featured more in future game plans, so I thought he must be in pretty good shape.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

The no call on the facemask was bad. What might have been worse was Ed Hochuli's holding call on Mike Karney on the Saint's second drive. They were obviously about to go up 14-0.

When I saw it initially I thought it was a clean block. The replay confirmed it. ESPN showed Karney raising his arms in disgust after the call. Kornheiser then said it was a bad call, and Jaws finally agreed.

That's the play that began to turn that game.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

I just read on nola.com that Tracy Porter will have surgery on his wrist.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Both those games still have a LONG WAY to go before the Raiders MNF game of the late 70's....

Or the Sunday nite Sabler Fumble Cowgirls game in 1984/1985?

Those were TRULY gut wrenchers....
    Weren't there actually two Cowboy games in back-to-back years -- one with a fumble and one with a safety?

I believe the Raiders game was '79. I remember watching that one in Richardson. Even as a non-Saints fan, I felt for them that night.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    yeah.

even i can't poke fun at saints diehards for this ones.

i envy your ability to stick with this team.
    Just like the Dawgs, honey. You gotta love 'em and you can never leave them. For better or worse! :icon_wink:

Straydawg:

Deuce is getting better, but I get the impression it's just a slow process. He was very sore after the preseason game he played in, and that's probably set the tone for what we've seen over the past month.

Every sports journalist down here has been digging for info, but the Saints just keep as tight lipped as possible about injuries and the health of their players. Colston is a good example. No one knew anything about a broken finger until days after the Tampa game.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Deuce is getting better, but I get the impression it's just a slow process. He was very sore after the preseason game he played in, and that's probably set the tone for what we've seen over the past month.

He may be sore but he's the only RB the Saints have that can move a pile.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

http://www.ksfy.com/sports/headlines/30603309.html

God, please make this happen kthxbai.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

I was at the game. Absolutely gut wrenching.........

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Everyone knew Deuce wasn't gonna play much during the Minnesota game with their horrible pass defense...I think it was a perfect scenario, even though we lost, to get him more rest...

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    http://www.ksfy.com/sports/headlines/30603309.html

God, please make this happen kthxbai.
    Done! Here's the link. They re-signed Mehlhaff and put Grammatica on IR...says he has a groin injury.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...kely_to_s.html

+ Reply to Thread