+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    If RP is there, who Miles recruited, LSU is a NC contender. Jarrett Lee was a very highly rated recruit and a good player, but he is a freshman and the swamp is a tough place to make your 2nd start. He also brought in the best possible recruit he could have gotten at corner, there again he is a freshman and lacks experience. It was just one game in which LSU ran into a buzz saw and probably one of the best offenses in the nation, especially when they are willing to let Tebow run in big games. I still think Florida is the favorite to win the NC. The real gap I see for LSU is their linebacker play, I think Chad Jones should be moved to outside linebacker where he can roam and make plays. LSU took it on the chin, no doubt about it, but any reasonable football fan can see that program certainly is not about to tank.
    Football teams on the level that LSU fans think they are on don't have a dropoff. If you sign a good corner when your starters are sophomores or juniors, they are ready to play by the time they take over. Very rarely at their level does a freshman QB get thrown into being a starter. I don't think you get my point. LSU SHOULD be a NC contender every year after Saban made them. But Miles has failed to recruit the right players. Sure you can give me the names of the recruits he does get (which are good players) but what makes a coach is knowing WHEN to recruit certain positions.

Also LSU has some great SEC wins. Close game against Auburn (who looks terrible) and 10 point win against MSU. They haven't proven they are even the 2nd best team in the West.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Football teams on the level that LSU fans think they are on don't have a dropoff. If you sign a good corner when your starters are sophomores or juniors, they are ready to play by the time they take over. Very rarely at their level does a freshman QB get thrown into being a starter. I don't think you get my point. LSU SHOULD be a NC contender every year after Saban made them. But Miles has failed to recruit the right players. Sure you can give me the names of the recruits he does get (which are good players) but what makes a coach is knowing WHEN to recruit certain positions.

Also LSU has some great SEC wins. Close game against Auburn (who looks terrible) and 10 point win against MSU. They haven't proven they are even the 2nd best team in the West.
    I dont really agree with that. A few years ago Oklahoma had a dip when they went to the Holiday bowl, same with Texas before and Florida last season. You cant win a title every year. I wouldnt be surprised if LSU doesnt win another title with Miles...Not cause the program is falling but because of how good the rest of the SEC and the nation is. The sky aint falling till they go 8-4 a couple of seasons.

One more example. Look at Georgia last season, they got blasted at Tennessee last season and by the end of the year some people thought they got jobbed out of the NC game.

Look I'll be honest, you know alot about college football and I agree with you most of the time ,but I think sometimes peoples hatred for LSU makes them think irrationally. I mean I think its kind of sad sometimes when some people on this board would rather worry about lsu losing than Tech winning. It was completely predictable that the lsu/Florida thread would be one of the biggest on the board. If I wanted to read about lsu I could to tigerdroppings...Unfortunately I see just as many posts on the tech message board. Hell the ulm message board rarely has any lsu threads on their message boards and most of them wear lsu shirts to ulm games.

As far as the words in my mouth argument. No hard feelings it just gets frustrating when people listen to one part of the show and label me when I have 3 hours of talking about a game. I understand very few people can listen to the entire show. I talked about how bad the defense is many, many times. I just said the qb play is why I thought they would be 9-3 to 8-4 this season.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post

Who could predict what happened with RP when he was being recruited??? At the time that looked like a great pick up.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yep, those boys got dumptrucked and it was fun to watch, especially with a bunch of Tiger fans. I had my Tech shirt on, almost got mistaken for a Gator a couple of times, no trouble though. But, overall LSU is just young, and Florida exploded on them after a few weeks of mediocrity. I think LSU will probably be good over the next few years. I hope they will underacheive and fall in stature. Something makes me think not, though.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Who could predict what happened with RP when he was being recruited??? At the time that looked like a great pick up.

I know one thing: if I was a stud/projected stud QB, why in the hell would I attend an SEC school? I would go to USC and light the scoreboard up and get paid millions to ride the pine in the NFL. Leinart is case and point. That guy would have been okay in the SEC, probably would have been drafted in 5th or 6th round.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Hummmmm not as much puke and piss being worn around town this week, true colors indeed.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Should have been at Chic-fil-a at lunch... about 10 of them.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

bet the farm on USC-East winning outright, let alone covering the 3, this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread