+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hawaii game thoughts

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

hawaii game thoughts

until this game, i was willing to give scelfo a pass on our poor offensive performance. it was obvious the players were not executing, so it was hard to say that they would execute better if different plays were called. however, there were several times tonight that the absolute worst possible call was made. after the blocked punt, we've got the ball and the momentum, and since we've been passing the ball so well (sarcasm), we line up with a frickin' empty backfield on first down! nothing good could come of that. of course it ends in the ugliest interception ever and bennett gets benched. dooley shouldn't be mad at bennett for that interception. scelfo should take full responsibility and resign. pitiful. just pitiful.

apart from that, i thought our defense played a pretty good game when they weren't put in a difficult position by our offense. they contained funaki about as well as i expected and played pretty well against the pass.

special teams looked mediocre and we gave the ball away too many times (goes without saying).

the hawaii tv announcers were the absolute dumbest people i have ever listened to for three hours. based on my observations including the aloha stadium fans, the brilliant posters on the hawaii message board, and the "professional" tv commentators, i believe i have enough information to make a judgment on the collective intelligence of the people of hawaii. but i'm affraid it won't do me any good to comment further.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Re: hawaii game thoughts

Well, at least your tolit system didn't backup. I had about a quarter inch of water in the bathroom, both tolits and showers clogged up around 1 ish, midway through the 3rd if i remember. I was pissed as hell. We just now got it unclogged with some drano stuff, and had to run to the place I hate the most, wal mart, to get it because we were out.

Good that the defense held them to 3 points in the second half. Bad about all the turnovers. Seems like we never catch a break, or a ball sometimes.

anyway, looking forward to the idaho game, im dead tired.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    until this game, i was willing to give scelfo a pass on our poor offensive performance. it was obvious the players were not executing, so it was hard to say that they would execute better if different plays were called. however, there were several times tonight that the absolute worst possible call was made. after the blocked punt, we've got the ball and the momentum, and since we've been passing the ball so well (sarcasm), we line up with a frickin' empty backfield on first down! nothing good could come of that. of course it ends in the ugliest interception ever and bennett gets benched. dooley shouldn't be mad at bennett for that interception. scelfo should take full responsibility and resign. pitiful. just pitiful.

apart from that, i thought our defense played a pretty good game when they weren't put in a difficult position by our offense. they contained funaki about as well as i expected and played pretty well against the pass.

special teams looked mediocre and we gave the ball away too many times (goes without saying).

the hawaii tv announcers were the absolute dumbest people i have ever listened to for three hours. based on my observations including the aloha stadium fans, the brilliant posters on the hawaii message board, and the "professional" tv commentators, i believe i have enough information to make a judgment on the collective intelligence of the people of hawaii. but i'm affraid it won't do me any good to comment further.
    The most retarded thing I've read on this board in a while.

Bulldog checkerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nice

You are probably the same fan that criticized him for not passing when we had the interception early against Boise...our coaching staff got criticized for not passing it there but in this game he tries to be more aggressive. Execution is the problem...period. We lost the turnover battle 4:1...aren't going to win many games. Watch the game for crying out loud...look downfield and see the open recievers. We simply are not executing. We are inexperienced at many positions. When we shoot ourselves in the foot...we simply are not good enough to overcome.
    I'm sure I will be in the minority when all you guys wake up and start posting about how bad our coaches.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I personally have not been around any practices, or on the sidelines during games, to pass any judgment on the coaches. The only thing anyone can point to is the product on the field and wonder what the coaches plan to do, and are doing about it. The NCAA has constrained the amount of formal practice time allowable, right? The players need to step up and get better on their own.

I can say this, from my years of coaching in various sports, when I had lousy players I wasn't looked at as being a good coach, and when I had great players, suddenly I was a genius!

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

The drive on which PJ fumbled was a beautifully called drive on Scelfo's part. We ran WR screens; a WR sweep to Livas; threw short, high percentage passes to #80 and #83; we ran the ball outside. And it worked. We moved the ball like crazy on that drive, which unfortunately ended with 0 points. By throwing the ball quick, we took the Hawaii blitz and rush out of play. We spread the ball around to different players and had Hawaii on its heels. We got the ball in Livas' hands in a variety of ways. It was a great drive... and then we didn't do it again. Over the next almost 3 full quarters, we went back to our standard downfield passing game and handoffs between the tackles (Porter is an animal, btw). Hawaii's DBs were all giving those 10-yard cushions we all love so much, but we only took advantage of them (by throwing short, to include WR screens) on 1 drive. Don't understand why we get away from things that work.

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

Like the Dawgs, I am done for the season. I will not listen, watch, or attend another game this season. I'll wait to get the memo from Dooley that we actually have some players of FBS talent and a new OC before I return.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

[quote=Hermandawg;667410]Like the Dawgs, I am done for the season. I will not listen, watch, or attend another game this season.quote]

Don't let the door hit you in the arse.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    The most retarded thing I've read on this board in a while.
    no, this is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post
    Like the Dawgs, I am done for the season. I will not listen, watch, or attend another game this season. I'll wait to get the memo from Dooley that we actually have some players of FBS talent and a new OC before I return.

Quote Originally Posted by checkerboard View Post
    You are probably the same fan that criticized him for not passing when we had the interception early against Boise...our coaching staff got criticized for not passing it there but in this game he tries to be more aggressive. Execution is the problem...period. We lost the turnover battle 4:1...aren't going to win many games. Watch the game for crying out loud...look downfield and see the open recievers. We simply are not executing. We are inexperienced at many positions. When we shoot ourselves in the foot...we simply are not good enough to overcome.
    I'm sure I will be in the minority when all you guys wake up and start posting about how bad our coaches.
    you obviously haven't read many of my posts. i have been defending the coaches up until now. last night was indefensible. like mildawg (whom i have disagreed with mostly up until now) said, we had found something that worked, and we stopped doing it. scelfo should be let go.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

you obviously haven't read many of my posts. i have been defending the coaches up until now. last night was indefensible. like mildawg (whom i have disagreed with mostly up until now) said, we had found something that worked, and we stopped doing it. scelfo should be let go.
    It wouldn't bother me to see a change in OC, but he ain't got much to work with. Nobody appreciates a good OLine until it is painfully obvious they don't have one.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It wouldn't bother me to see a change in OC, but he ain't got much to work with. Nobody appreciates a good OLine until it is painfully obvious they don't have one.
    That is kinda what was thinking...it really doesn't matter who is calling the plays if the players cannot execute. So far this season, we have had a substantial amount of trouble with the basics...THE BASICS...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No kidding! I've never seen an OL at this level that is this bad. This is the MAIN reason our offense is so bad.

the ol has struggled, but we've had sustained drives. there are ways to make the best of the personnel you have. we did that a little last night, but then stopped. apparently a fumble at the goal line is a good reason to change offensive philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    No kidding! I've never seen an OL at this level that is this bad. This is the MAIN reason our offense is so bad.
    Inexperience with not much depth. Several of our more knowledgeable posters called this as a problem before the season started. I just didn't realize what a big problem it might be. Those guys in the trenches make or break a team.

+ Reply to Thread