+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No way!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: No way!

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    That is fine and dandy, but a school field trip? School field trips are for going to the zoo, going to a discovery center, not going to a marriage (any marriage for that matter). If the teacher wanted to invite the students and their parents, go right ahead. No public money should be spent for kids to go see a marriage, that is ridiculous.
    I, actually, tend to agree with you. I don't think it was a good field trip - regardless of if it was a opposite or same gender ceremony. Saying that, though, I do see the historical context of the event. While a straight couple getting married is something just about every child sees, this is something that will be looked back upon in history as groundbreaking for equal rights. Sort of like seeing the first African American vote or a woman voting for the first time. It is just history. A 100 years from now, it won't make any difference, except some kid can say that his great great granddad saw the first marriage between two people of the same gender.

In the grand scope of things, I think this is a minor event. However, if your beliefs are different, it is a big deal. Did the parents sign off on the field trip? We used to have to have a slip of paper signed by one of our parents in order to attend any type of field trip. If the parents were not informed, it was not right.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

You go on field trips to dairys and bread factories even the local McDonalds or supermarket....

Not to watch a wedding of ANY KIND....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I, actually, tend to agree with you. I don't think it was a good field trip - regardless of if it was a opposite or same gender ceremony. Saying that, though, I do see the historical context of the event. While a straight couple getting married is something just about every child sees, this is something that will be looked back upon in history as groundbreaking for equal rights. Sort of like seeing the first African American vote or a woman voting for the first time. It is just history. A 100 years from now, it won't make any difference, except some kid can say that his great great granddad saw the first marriage between two people of the same gender.

In the grand scope of things, I think this is a minor event. However, if your beliefs are different, it is a big deal. Did the parents sign off on the field trip? We used to have to have a slip of paper signed by one of our parents in order to attend any type of field trip. If the parents were not informed, it was not right.
    I wondered the same thing. I still dont see it as a good use of public funds, historic or not. I think it has a lot less to do with history and more to do with an agenda.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I wondered the same thing. I still dont see it as a good use of public funds, historic or not. I think it has a lot less to do with history and more to do with an agenda.
    All minorities have an agenda to gain rights, so you are correct. It does have something to do with an agenda. All throughout history there has been an agenda by every group that gained rights. If they are not organized, they will never be on equal footing.

Anyway, I agree that it wasn't an appropriate field trip. I still wonder if the parents signed the consents. If they did, I don't have a big problem with it. It is their children. Schools do things all the time that offend one group or another, but you can withhold your child from a field trip, if you wish.

Dwayne, while dairies might be fun (I remember going to one at that age and younger on a field trip), there probably aren't a lot of them in San Francisco. Maybe a better example would be a museum or art gallery.

So, the long and short of it is that we all agree that it was not a good field trip, but we all agree that the parents probably were ok with it, if they signed a consent. If they didn't sign consents, it is a much bigger issue.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

While a straight couple getting married is something just about every child sees, this is something that will be looked back upon in history as groundbreaking for equal rights. Sort of like seeing the first African American vote or a woman voting for the first time. It is just history. A 100 years from now, it won't make any difference, except some kid can say that his great great granddad saw the first marriage between two people of the same gender.
    So, the long and short of it is that we all agree that it was not a good field trip, but we all agree that the parents probably were ok with it, if they signed a consent. If they didn't sign consents, it is a much bigger issue.
    It was not historical in the fact that it wasn't the first queer couple to be married. These kids can not say 60 years from now that they participated in a historical moment by being at the first marriage that involved a same sex couple. There have been many ceremonies over the past few months in the several states that have passed this legislation. If I'm not mistaken, the first same sex marraige in San Francisco happened within days of the law allowing it. This is just one in a long line of others that have happened before it. Once again, It was not THE FIRST marraige ceremony between same sex couples. Secondly, if the parents signed a consent form, they obviously were misled on the content of the field trip or there wouldn't be any parents complaining which makes me believe that either there was no consent form, or it was a vague form in which the parents were misled.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    It was not historical in the fact that it wasn't the first queer couple to be married. These kids can not say 60 years from now that they participated in a historical moment by being at the first marriage that involved a same sex couple. There have been many ceremonies over the past few months in the several states that have passed this legislation. If I'm not mistaken, the first same sex marraige in San Francisco happened within days of the law allowing it. This is just one in a long line of others that have happened before it. Once again, It was not THE FIRST marraige ceremony between same sex couples. Secondly, if the parents signed a consent form, they obviously were misled on the content of the field trip or there wouldn't be any parents complaining which makes me believe that either there was no consent form, or it was a vague form in which the parents were misled.
    Yeh, even in Sanny Franny, somebody would have been up in arms about this.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Were the lesbians hot?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread