+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bout Them COWBOYS!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

How Bout Them COWBOYS!

Everyone must be in mourning since the Commish's edict came down...

Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 10-15-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: How Bout Them COWBOYS!

It isn't even 10:00 A.M. in the metroplex, so yes we are in morning now. But I think the ruling was made in the afternoon, so we haven't been in morning the whole time.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    It isn't even 10:00 A.M. in the metroplex, so yes we are in morning now. But I think the ruling was made in the afternoon, so we haven't been in morning the whole time.
    You really take all the fun out of smack talk. :icon_wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

And now they signed another Roy Williams at an assinine amount....

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Ian O'Connor SKEWERED Jerry Jones today on FoxSports.com. Called him a coward.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Ian O'Connor SKEWERED Jerry Jones today on FoxSports.com. Called him a coward.
    Coward? Why that? I can see calling him a lot of things, especially in light of how this worked out - but I'm not sure where coward comes in.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think it was for not having the guts to deal with the Pacman problem directly. He was willing to look the other way and the commissioner had to step in and do the dirty work. I don't think it had anything to do with the Williams signing.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Coward? Why that? I can see calling him a lot of things, especially in light of how this worked out - but I'm not sure where coward comes in.
    O'Connor's article is still up on FoxSports.com---read for yourself.

as I said -

"HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYZ!"

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Here's the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8678708

You know, most of his criticisms in that are legitimate. And I agree that Pacman should never have been brought in, and that bringing him in was asking for trouble. I wouldn't have done it.*

But I think his particular criticism is more than a little overstated. Goodell set the ultimatum. Goodell made the zero tolerance deal with Pacman - let Goodell enforce it. It's his call to make. As far as J. Jones is concerned, Pacman has had one police incident. Just one. And that one incident, while stupid even in its own case (and insanely stupid for Pacman as he relates to Goodell) was pretty minor. Jerry only has to worry about Pacman's situation as a Cowboy. Any "one strike and you're out" deal between him and the commissioner on behalf of the NFL is for the commissioner to deal with.

It seemed to me that this guy has been sitting on some Jerry Jones hatred for a long time. That column was already written. He was just waiting for something to make it relevant. In my opinion he is just overblowing this situation to further his case. Something he probably doesn't really need.

*As Peter King pointed out in his column, sometimes Jerry's risks on these kinds of guys work out ok. Personally, I'd rather him not try it, but they do work every once in a while.
    Last edited by inudesu; 10-17-2008 at 01:54 PM.

You know, most of his criticisms in that are legitimate. And I agree that Pacman should never have been brought in, and that bringing him in was asking for trouble. I wouldn't have done it.*

But I think his particular criticism is more than a little overstated. Goodell set the ultimatum. Goodell made the zero tolerance deal with Pacman - let Goodell enforce it. It's his call to make. As far as J. Jones is concerned, Pacman has had one police incident. Just one. And that one incident, while stupid even in its own case (and insanely stupid for Pacman as he relates to Goodell) was pretty minor. Jerry only has to worry about Pacman's situation as a Cowboy. Any "one strike and you're out" deal between him and the commissioner on behalf of the NFL is for the commissioner to deal with.

It seemed to me that this guy has been sitting on some Jerry Jones hatred for a long time. That column was already written. He was just waiting for something to make it relevant. In my opinion he is just overblowing this situation to further his case. Something he probably doesn't really need.

*As Peter King pointed out, sometimes Jerry's risks on these kinds of guys work out ok. Personally, I'd rather him not try it, but they do work every once in a while.
    It is obvious that O'Connor has an axe to grind with Jerry Jones. It is equally obvious that you are a huge Cowboy fan & that's all good. I thought your analysis of the biased article by O'Connor was excellent.

I thought your analysis of the biased article by O'Connor was excellent.
    Thanks.

Saints were the typical Saints -

But -

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Saints were the typical Saints -

But -

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!
    You are correct except when Romo get's back they are going to be deadly on offense with Roy Williams lining up opposite of TO. Not to even mention Witten, Barber and Felix Jones. So yes Dwayne, now is the perfect time. Get your shots in while you can before it is too late!!

I won't even waste my time firing back at the Saints. There is no shock value in it. Everyone already knows they are the Saints. I think GWB described it best, "the soft racism of low expectations." You are a Saints racist Dwayne! Raise the bar baby!!

+ Reply to Thread