+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How Bout Them COWBOYS!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: How Bout Them COWBOYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    If most Saints fans would just realize that the Saints are STILL the Saints and will ALWAYS be the Saints - they would be much more at peace with the world and themselves...

Being a TRUE SAINTS fan is a badge of HONOR (or stupidity - after 40 some odd years I'm still trying to figure this one out)....

Until they win a ring they will always be the SAME OLE SAINTS - and getting the RING is the only way to change that -

Dear Lord, some of ya'll are getting up tight about this. Two things:

1. What you are saying is that the strides Tech is making means nothing until we win the National Championship? Same analogy. Most Saints fans realize the Saints are still the Saints. We don't seem to have many bandwagon fans as other teams do. A good portion of our fans are diehard fans that keep coming back year after year and supporting the team. By your comment, it is better to be a fair-weather fan than it is to support your own team.

2. In this "what have you done for me recently" world, the Cowboys and the Saints are pretty much in the same boat. Cowboys have a slightly winning record, the Saints have a slightly loosing record, Dallas has three 1 and done playoff appearances and the Saints have 1 appearance with a 1-1 record. And each have a divison title since 2001. The major difference is the Saints were exceeding expectations and the Cowboys were seemingly underperforming (at least to me).

In closing how many seasons since 01 have the Saints' fans actually believe that we had a shot to win it all? 1 maybe despite what you are going to say that you've heard.

Most of what I get out of this is Cowboy fans griping about how some other team's fans don't like them.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post

1. What you are saying is that the strides Tech is making means nothing until we win the National Championship? Same analogy. Most Saints fans realize the Saints are still the Saints. We don't seem to have many bandwagon fans as other teams do. A good portion of our fans are diehard fans that keep coming back year after year and supporting the team. By your comment, it is better to be a fair-weather fan than it is to support your own team.

2. In this "what have you done for me recently" world, the Cowboys and the Saints are pretty much in the same boat. Cowboys have a slightly winning record, the Saints have a slightly loosing record, Dallas has three 1 and done playoff appearances and the Saints have 1 appearance with a 1-1 record. And each have a divison title since 2001. The major difference is the Saints were exceeding expectations and the Cowboys were seemingly underperforming (at least to me).

In closing how many seasons since 01 have the Saints' fans actually believe that we had a shot to win it all? 1 maybe despite what you are going to say that you've heard.

Most of what I get out of this is Cowboy fans griping about how some other team's fans don't like them.

I wouldn't call it griping. I mean it certainly isn't personal. I just find it comical when Saints fans talk smack. .....About anybody.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I think many Saints fans are jealous of all of the media attention traditionally received by the Cowboys.
    Not jealous. Sick of hearing about it, same as I feel about LSU. Its OVERDONE.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    You'd hear a lot less about them if the Saints fans on this board would quit talking about them.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Yeh, it really is ridiculous how ESPN has the biggest hard on over the Boys. Of course, this year, I think it worked against them because of all the TO drama they pulled up. Seriously, if any top receiver on any other team said they wanted the ball more, it would not even be reported. Of course, TO has had great coverage wherever he is at. Put him on the Cowboys, and it is ESPN's Godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yeh, it really is ridiculous how ESPN has the biggest hard on over the Boys. Of course, this year, I think it worked against them because of all the TO drama they pulled up. Seriously, if any top receiver on any other team said they wanted the ball more, it would not even be reported. Of course, TO has had great coverage wherever he is at. Put him on the Cowboys, and it is ESPN's Godsend.
    I think most Cowboy fans are tired of hearing about that crap as well. I know I am.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Apples and oranges -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Apples and oranges -
    Sorry but I don't see it that way. Either they are both Professional teams where fans can rag on any other professional team or the comparison works. Your argument sounds like a flagship/ulm excuse.

But seriously, how is it different other than college players don't get paid?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Sorry but I don't see it that way. Either they are both Professional teams where fans can rag on any other professional team or the comparison works. Your argument sounds like a flagship/ulm excuse.

But seriously, how is it different other than college players don't get paid?
    The Saints are the Saints and could be in LA or San Antonio at the whim and discretion of an owner - the only thing I have invested in them is loyalty and some clothing -

Tech has been here since 1894 and has played football for over a 100 years and I spent over 5 years investing in a degree and tens of thousands of dollars through the past few decades supporting the school -

Apples and oranges -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

They said Jones is cleaning house, making him out to be some sound decision maker. Well, hard to view it in that light since he created the mess. Question is will he swallow him pride and let TO go? It wouldnt be the hardest choice. TO is still good, but the man will be 36 next year. Will be interesting to see if Jones nuts up.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    They said Jones is cleaning house, making him out to be some sound decision maker. Well, hard to view it in that light since he created the mess. Question is will he swallow him pride and let TO go? It wouldnt be the hardest choice. TO is still good, but the man will be 36 next year. Will be interesting to see if Jones nuts up.
    I don't think having Pac Man Jones on the team hurt the Cowboys at all because they got lucky and Scandrick slipped so low he and the other rookie Jenkins actually played as well or better than PacMan and Jones can act like it was a moral decision but I think he knows he can get better production for cheaper. Although I do agree with the decision on both levels.

I would get anything I could for TO right now. Even if it is a 4th round pick and move on. I would fire Phillips immediately and hire Shanahan. And I would run the ball a lot more with Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice. Draft another WR to take TO's place. Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, a high draft pick and Witten are enough to get you by if you can run the ball well. With my next few draft picks I would focus on OL. Lots of OLinemen. The Cowboys O-Line is really overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I don't think having Pac Man Jones on the team hurt the Cowboys at all because they got lucky and Scandrick slipped so low he and the other rookie Jenkins actually played as well or better than PacMan and Jones can act like it was a moral decision but I think he knows he can get better production for cheaper. Although I do agree with the decision on both levels.

I would get anything I could for TO right now. Even if it is a 4th round pick and move on. I would fire Phillips immediately and hire Shanahan. And I would run the ball a lot more with Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice. Draft another WR to take TO's place. Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, a high draft pick and Witten are enough to get you by if you can run the ball well. With my next few draft picks I would focus on OL. Lots of OLinemen. The Cowboys O-Line is really overrated.
    Agreed, I would like to see Tony Romo try to override a Shanahan decision, he would probably come off the field and drag him back to the sidelines. Wade has lost control, and that will only lead to another sh*t storm next year.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

Dang! That actually sounds like a great plan for Da Boys. Seriously, good analysis! I hope they don't read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Dang! That actually sounds like a great plan for Da Boys. Seriously, good analysis! I hope they don't read your post.
    As long as Jerry is in charge you don't have to worry!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

+ Reply to Thread