+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: How Bout Them COWBOYS!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: How Bout Them COWBOYS!

Ok, this is pretty funny.

Cowboys fan claims jersey profiling in Philly airport

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 18, 2010 4:23 PM ET
    A Cowboys fan is convinced she was unfairly targeted by airport security screeners at Philadelphia International Airport because of the Jason Witten jersey she was wearing.

Alyson Galen tells CBS in 3 in Dallas that she was pulled out of a security line last month and patted down before even getting to a metal detector. A screener approached her after she was cleared.

"He walked up to me and said 'how's it feel to be a Cowboys fan in Philadelphia?' . . . I did tell him 'wow,'" Galen said.

Mrs. Galen didn't file an official complaint for what seems like a relatively minor nuisance.

If only she was a PFT regular, she could have responded with a clever reference to the 0-3gles. Because that never gets old.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hilly-airport/

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Once a snake always a snake.

Drunk Jerry Jones Bad-Mouths Bill Parcells, Tim Tebow

A source sends along this video of a seemingly inebriated Jerry Jones waxing off about Tim Tebow ("he'd never get on the field"), Bill Parcells ("not worth a shit"), and how he got his stadium. Read the rough transcript after the jump. A drunk JJ is dropping the F BOMBS like there's no tomorrow. watch the tape.

http://deadspin.com/5516297/slurring...ells-tim-tebow

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Haha. He probably doesn't even remember saying any of that. But you know the saying, a drunk mind speaks a sober heart..

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'm going to have to side with Jerry in this one...for a few reasons.

1) My grandfather used to say similar things, "I love him, but he ain't worth a ****". As crazy as it sounds, this is a compliment from old men who grew up in the country.

2) His Tebow comments are in line with what a lot of other people are saying about Tebow. He might be a great player, or he might be a bust. Jerry saying that Tebow wouldn't see the field is just his opinion and doesn't seem like a slam to me.

and

3) This one is the biggest one for me. I absolutely hate the way every second of everybody's life is recorded these days. The reports that I saw said that these guys tried to sell the video to TMZ before putting it on Deadspin. In my opinion, that means they were just taking advantage of a drunk guy and trying to make a profit off of him. That's pretty low.

If I were Jerry, I would call Bill Parcells and set the record straight. Bill didn't grow up in rural Arkansas and he probalby doesn't understand that Jerry wasn't really taking a shot at him (just like the national media doesn't get it). Then I would find the kids who did this and tell them exactly what I thought about them. If you want a good video, that would be the one to see. I would cuss a huge blue streak.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'm going to have to side with Jerry in this one...for a few reasons.

1) My grandfather used to say similar things, "I love him, but he ain't worth a ****". As crazy as it sounds, this is a compliment from old men who grew up in the country.

2) His Tebow comments are in line with what a lot of other people are saying about Tebow. He might be a great player, or he might be a bust. Jerry saying that Tebow wouldn't see the field is just his opinion and doesn't seem like a slam to me.

and

3) This one is the biggest one for me. I absolutely hate the way every second of everybody's life is recorded these days. The reports that I saw said that these guys tried to sell the video to TMZ before putting it on Deadspin. In my opinion, that means they were just taking advantage of a drunk guy and trying to make a profit off of him. That's pretty low.

If I were Jerry, I would call Bill Parcells and set the record straight. Bill didn't grow up in rural Arkansas and he probalby doesn't understand that Jerry wasn't really taking a shot at him (just like the national media doesn't get it). Then I would find the kids who did this and tell them exactly what I thought about them. If you want a good video, that would be the one to see. I would cuss a huge blue streak.

I actually think the third point is Jerry's fault. Media being all around us is a fact of life (right or wrong), and you need to be conscious of it. Going out, getting drunk, and running your mouth will make you look like an ass. I will give you the first two points (though the Parcells one is questionable), but the third is Jerry's own dumb fault.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think this article sums it up pretty well. I don't always agree with Whitlock, but I agree with him on the Jones issue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/w...-cant-be-human

Stat of the Week
    Not that there's going to be much pressure on Dez Bryant in Dallas, already, but the history of the receivers Dallas used first-round picks to acquire in the last decade is beyond dismal. Checking it out:
    2000 -- WR Joey Galloway from Seattle to Dallas for first-round picks in 2000 and 2001.
    What Dallas got out of Galloway: 4 years, 151 catches, 12 touchdowns.
    What Seattle got: RB Shaun Alexander (2005 NFL MVP), WR Koren Robinson.
    2008 -- *WR Roy Williams from Detroit to Dallas for first- and third-round picks in 2009.
    What Dallas has gotten out of Williams: 2 years, 57 catches, 8 touchdowns.
    What Detroit got: TE Brandon Pettigrew, WR Derrick Williams.
    *Plus a swap of late-round picks.
    The cost to Dallas: Galloway got $12 million guaranteed in his new 2000 contract with Dallas, while Williams signed a five-year, $45 million deal with the Cowboys upon his trade in 2008. Barring an incredible turnaround by Roy Williams, six seasons and 20 touchdowns are about all the dividends the Cowboys will get out of these two awful trades.
    The Cowboys long searched for a franchise receiver to replace Galloway and thought Williams was the one -- but Miles Austin emerged as Tony Romo's favorite target in 2009, and now Bryant will surely get the chance to be the

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0mG3VKBUO

WOW! WTG Romo. Nothing like laughing your butt off on the sidelines while your team gets creamed on both sides of the ball. Romo reminds me of ex Saint QB Aaron Brooks with his "I don't give a smit" smiling attitude while his team is failing miserably. I can't wait until Thanksgiving day!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I can't wait until Thanksgiving day!
    You must be looking forward to the turkey, because I know you're not looking forward to the beating America's Team is going to hand out to the Saints.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    WOW! WTG Romo. Nothing like laughing your butt off on the sidelines while your team gets creamed on both sides of the ball. Romo reminds me of ex Saint QB Aaron Brooks with his "I don't give a smit" smiling attitude while his team is failing miserably. I can't wait until Thanksgiving day!
    It's preseason...

I watched House Hunter's Int'l instead -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's preseason...

You are not obsessed with the Cowboys, like some folks.
    Good old Memorial Gym

It's preseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Some of us just really enjoy football no matter what the season. Oh, and we all have teams we like to cheer against now don't we.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Only in the regular season -

Then I like watching them lose, almost as much as I like watching the Saints win...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Then I like watching them lose, almost as much as I like watching the Saints win...
    That we can agree upon!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Stalkers.

Well, Dwayne I gues you are enjoying the demise of my Cardinals.

They are really hard to watch these days.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread