+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

W

The wife and I went to see W. I did not get what I thought I was going to get. I thought it would be a lot of poking fun, degrading, and just a Bush bash. I was interested.

My wife and I, both Independents BTW, came out and both said "Hmm. The movie made me feel sympathetic towards Bush."

The movie has its funny or poke fun moments. The acting is solid. The movie is kind of all over the place. Brolin, one of my favorite actors, comes across well as Bush.

The scene that just was hard to watch for me was a scene where Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, and Bush are discussing the reason or reasons against going to war with Iraq. It was tough for me to watch. The reasons, etc. I don't know how much accuracy was in that scene, but it was a little creepy. It makes Cheney look like a complete crazed war mind though.

If the movie bashes anyone, it is Dick Cheney...and maybe even Bush Sr.

Not too bad of a movie though. I thought it would be all one sided. Some of you more conservative folks may think differently...but I would recommend it for people to take a look at.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Re: W

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    The wife and I went to see W. I did not get what I thought I was going to get. I thought it would be a lot of poking fun, degrading, and just a Bush bash. I was interested.

My wife and I, both Independents BTW, came out and both said "Hmm. The movie made me feel sympathetic towards Bush."

The movie has its funny or poke fun moments. The acting is solid. The movie is kind of all over the place. Brolin, one of my favorite actors, comes across well as Bush.

The scene that just was hard to watch for me was a scene where Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, and Bush are discussing the reason or reasons against going to war with Iraq. It was tough for me to watch. The reasons, etc. I don't know how much accuracy was in that scene, but it was a little creepy. It makes Cheney look like a complete crazed war mind though.

If the movie bashes anyone, it is Dick Cheney...and maybe even Bush Sr.

Not too bad of a movie though. I thought it would be all one sided. Some of you more conservative folks may think differently...but I would recommend it for people to take a look at.
    Interesting.. I was debating going to see it, and now I think I will.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I'd like to see Oliver Stone step up and man up and make a bashing movie about a liberal politician. But we all know Stone isn't man enough to do that...

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Parisdog, while I agree that it would be interesting to see Stone tackle a different viewpoint, the point of the post was to tell others that the movie is not as one sided as many imagined it would be.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I believe I will pass on this. The movie doesn't look good at all and there is no way that this is an accurate portrayal. It is meant to belittle and I will not give them my money.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I believe I will pass on this. The movie doesn't look good at all and there is no way that this is an accurate portrayal. It is meant to belittle and I will not give them my money.

You were not alone in you thoughts, the movie bombed big time.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

so, what did shreveportdawg's house look like?

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    so, what did shreveportdawg's house look like?
    Two weeks of them being here for 2 minutes in the movie.

They showed the car hitting the garage they built. Then Josh Brolin and Elizabeth Banks at the front door. Then they had Noah Wiley in the living room listening to the radio when W was defeated for congressioinal race. Then Josh Brolin standing in the doorway to the kitchen by the bar and then walking out on the back patio.

My advice, wait for the DVD.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Two weeks of them being here for 2 minutes in the movie.

They showed the car hitting the garage they built. Then Josh Brolin and Elizabeth Banks at the front door. Then they had Noah Wiley in the living room listening to the radio when W was defeated for congressioinal race. Then Josh Brolin standing in the doorway to the kitchen by the bar and then walking out on the back patio.

My advice, wait for the DVD.

that's the movies for you. When Blaze was filmed in Winnfield, several people I knew and went to school with were in the movie. Two girls I went to school with--one was Earl's great-neice--were in a scene that was shot but never used in the movie. The deleted footage from Blaze has never made it to DVD...

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

that's the movies for you. When Blaze was filmed in Winnfield, several people I knew and went to school with were in the movie. Two girls I went to school with--one was Earl's great-neice--were in a scene that was shot but never used in the movie. The deleted footage from Blaze has never made it to DVD...
    I was hired as an extra for "The Legend of Bagger Vance." They brought us out one day, cut our hair off (so we could look like WWI German soldiers), fitted us for costumes, fed us, let us rub shoulders with Will Smith and Robert Redford, then called us that night and said that because filming was behind schedule they were going to cut the scene. The bright spot was that they still paid us for 2 full days of work. And I had an interesting story to go with my ridiculous haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I was hired as an extra for "The Legend of Bagger Vance." They brought us out one day, cut our hair off (so we could look like WWI German soldiers), fitted us for costumes, fed us, let us rub shoulders with Will Smith and Robert Redford, then called us that night and said that because filming was behind schedule they were going to cut the scene. The bright spot was that they still paid us for 2 full days of work. And I had an interesting story to go with my ridiculous haircut.

any pictures af that haircut?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

any pictures af that haircut?
    I'll have to dig around and see. The main thing for me was that I had been growing my hair out, so the contrast was stark.

+ Reply to Thread