+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official game thread

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: Official game thread

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I probably didn't do a good job of explaining it -- it looks confusing even to me this morning. Here is an article that may explain why they were flagged. What Idaho did would be considered a "hideout" play and is illegal.

http://www.referee.com/more/Samples/...rickplays.html

“Hideout” plays, in which a substitute or an apparently replaced player takes a position near the sideline to deceive opponents, were banned in 1942 by the NFHS. The NCAA followed suit in 1953 (NFHS 9-6-4c; NCAA 9-4-2b).

In a 2004 playoff game, Wasson (Colo.) High School huddled with 10 players after a kickoff return. Just before the huddle broke, the 11th player came onto the field. The player he apparently replaced simulated running off the field but stopped near the sideline. That player ran downfield at the snap and was not noticed or covered by the defense. The pass was underthrown and dropped by the intended receiver, thus avoiding greater embarrassment to the officials who did not recognize the foul.
    Not sure how this relates, but there have been variations of this play run as late as the late 80s. On the Baylor site, they were discussing running the play against the Ags around then. I believe Tom Landry ran it in an NFL game in the mid-60s as well.

I thought the key was that everyone had to be in the huddle, but it does appear that they've tightened the rule some more recently.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Not sure how this relates, but there have been variations of this play run as late as the late 80s. On the Baylor site, they were discussing running the play against the Ags around then. I believe Tom Landry ran it in an NFL game in the mid-60s as well.

I thought the key was that everyone had to be in the huddle, but it does appear that they've tightened the rule some more recently.
    Yeah, it looks like it's open to interpretation. I am confident that the referees made the correct call, but it was a slick play. Nobody saw #18 at all. Their coach was HOT.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Did anyone notice late in the 4th quarter that one of the Idaho defensive players (98) was dancing on the field during our Regal Blues routine. It was during a timeout and he was out there dancing. If I was the coach at Idaho that kid would never play again. If I were the AD the coach would have been fired. For a team to be that bad and a kid is out there dancing is a disgusting.

TB

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Give the kid a break...the Blues will do that to ya.... :icon_wink:

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Saw this on the Idaho fan board. A Vandal fan is describing their QB's scrambling ability:

Enderle has been sacked three times this half.....

To get an idea of Enderle's scrambling ability, imagine playing NCAA football and the left analog stick is broken and you can't move what so ever.

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    Did anyone notice late in the 4th quarter that one of the Idaho defensive players (98) was dancing on the field during our Regal Blues routine. It was during a timeout and he was out there dancing. If I was the coach at Idaho that kid would never play again. If I were the AD the coach would have been fired. For a team to be that bad and a kid is out there dancing is a disgusting.

TB

there were quite a few idaho boys that were watching our girls most of the game. i was humoring myself watching them.

there coach was pretty entertaining as well. cussing up and down the sidelines, chest bumping the players after a good play, squirting water bottles over the players on the bench.... too bad it didn't help them much.

+ Reply to Thread