+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Game Thoughts

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Post-Game Thoughts

Keeping in mind that it WAS Idaho (even USU blew these dudes out at home), you had to like what we saw out of the offense. It was like an expanded version of the second quarter of the Hawaii game -- we totally controlled the action.

Ross did a GREAT Kubik impersonation tonight and there's NOTHING wrong with that. Every significant peice of our offensive puzzle returns next season. You have to be excited about this.

We have the best run defense in the WAC. That's really good news with Fresno and Nevada coming to town, and Army next week.

More thoughts as they come to me.

I can honestly say Ross Jenkins exceeded by expectations by about a million percent tonight. I loved the tone our offense took on in this game.

And Porter is now our feature back. I know it had to be a hard pill for PJ to swallow, but it had to happen.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Post-Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Keeping in mind that it WAS Idaho (even USU blew these dudes out at home), you had to like what we saw out of the offense. It was like an expanded version of the second quarter of the Hawaii game -- we totally controlled the action.

Ross did a GREAT Kubik impersonation tonight and there's NOTHING wrong with that. Every significant peice of our offensive puzzle returns next season. You have to be excited about this.

We have the best run defense in the WAC. That's really good news with Fresno and Nevada coming to town, and Army next week.

More thoughts as they come to me.

I can honestly say Ross Jenkins exceeded by expectations by about a million percent tonight. I loved the tone our offense took on in this game.

And Porter is now our feature back. I know it had to be a hard pill for PJ to swallow, but it had to happen.

I agree with you 100% on everything that you said. Jenkins did excede my expectations. He managed the game well and made good decisions. Surely, he will be the starter next week.

The play book was opened up a little with some aggression.

Defense played well

The 1 negative is that we still have too many dropped balls.

Overall, a great team effort. Jenkins should have confidence for Army. I would love to be 4-3 entering Homecoming weekend.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

About time Porter was given the opportunity to shine...he earned it. He can be a 1,500-2,000 yard back. We might have a chance to finish with 7 wins.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

this was a great game to build confidence for a new qb. it is hard to compare jenkins vs. bennett since this is probably the worst defense we have faced this season. however, i still think we can make the determination that jenkins > bennett. and here are the reasons why:

1. jenkins can run
    2. jenkins is poised and patient in the pocket (could be a function of poor pass rush -- we will have to see how he does the next couple of weeks)
    3. jenkins appears to be more accurate (again, could be due to more time)
    4. jenkins throws a catchable ball. bennett has a stronger arm, but when he zings it in there it is much more difficult to catch.
    5. jenkins is not scared to throw the ball over the top. against bennett, safeties didn't have to worry about the deep crossing patterns -- the only deep ball bennett throws is the fly.
    6. jenkins could be the future.
    7. jenkins can complete a running back screen.
    8. did i mention he can run?

i like the confidence i saw tonight from the offense. i hope it carries over to the remainder of the season.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

oh, and i know it was garbage time, but a couple of names to remember for the future: allen gilbert and kris cavitt.

gilbert's got skills.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    this was a great game to build confidence for a new qb. it is hard to compare jenkins vs. bennett since this is probably the worst defense we have faced this season. however, i still think we can make the determination that jenkins > bennett. and here are the reasons why:

1. jenkins can run
    2. jenkins is poised and patient in the pocket (could be a function of poor pass rush -- we will have to see how he does the next couple of weeks)
    3. jenkins appears to be more accurate (again, could be due to more time)
    4. jenkins throws a catchable ball. bennett has a stronger arm, but when he zings it in there it is much more difficult to catch.
    5. jenkins is not scared to throw the ball over the top. against bennett, safeties didn't have to worry about the deep crossing patterns -- the only deep ball bennett throws is the fly.
    6. jenkins could be the future.
    7. jenkins can complete a running back screen.
    8. did i mention he can run?

i like the confidence i saw tonight from the offense. i hope it carries over to the remainder of the season.
    Every pass Bennett threw tonight wasn't in a catcheable position for the receiver. I don't care how bad Idaho's defense is, that's enough to tell me Bennett isn't the qb we need.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Every pass Bennett threw tonight wasn't in a catcheable position for the receiver. I don't care how bad Idaho's defense is, that's enough to tell me Bennett isn't the qb we need.

Yes you are right...either high or low when Bennett was in.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

and half of ross's throws up until tonight should have been intercepted. you can't really judge bennett's performance based on those 2 or 3 throws. but i agree that jenkins just looked head and shoulders better tonight.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    and half of ross's throws up until tonight should have been intercepted. you can't really judge bennett's performance based on those 2 or 3 throws. but i agree that jenkins just looked head and shoulders better tonight.
    I'm not. You forget I've got 5 other games to add to those throws. It looks to me like it doesn't matter who he plays, Bennett's passing is the same. Now, I will agree we need to see Jenkins against a better defense to fully assess him, but you can't convince me this defense is any weaker than Southeastern's.

I'm not. You forget I've got 5 other games to add to those throws. It looks to me like it doesn't matter who he plays, Bennett's passing is the same. Now, I will agree we need to see Jenkins against a better defense to fully assess him, but you can't convince me this defense is any weaker than Southeastern's.
    southeastern is smaller and slower, but they can tackle. that makes a huge difference.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Jenkins had some dropped balls that were MONEY. I have no doubt in my mind who the best QB is.

One thing that I do question -- did we burn Phil Longino's redshirt tonight, in garbage time? I coulda sworn I saw him out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Jenkins had some dropped balls that were MONEY. I have no doubt in my mind who the best QB is.
    what's up with harrison? short-armed a possible touchdown, and brick-handed a sure td. he used to be able to catch pretty well. we need to get his confidence back.

One thing that I do question -- did we burn Phil Longino's redshirt tonight, in garbage time? I coulda sworn I saw him out there.
    longino had a half a sack if i remember correctly. but i'm pretty sure i've seen him play earlier this season.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

He was out there, but I honestly think I've seen him before (maybe SLU). Anyway, his shirt is definitely burned now. So, who are we actually RSing? Michael Lacey hasn't seen the field. What about Saia? Cameron, obviously. All the WR have played. Who else?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread