+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NSA Doesn't Spy on Innocent Americans... Right?

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs Down NSA Doesn't Spy on Innocent Americans... Right?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: NSA Doesn't Spy on Innocent Americans... Right?

Old news.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Old news.
    Didn't see it posted here, so I posted it thinking some may not have seen it.

Please accept my humble and sincerest apologies.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not surprisingly, the NSA denies the allegations. As does Mildawg.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Well, seeing as how I worked for NSA for 14 years, I think I am probably the only person on this board that knows when something like this is true or not. I happen to know that there are times when conducting collection operations in a deployed area (Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, etc.), phone calls carrying conversations of US citizens are accidentally and unintentionally collected. See, there is a difference between malicious and deliberate collection and accidental/inadvertant collection. Know what happens when a US person or entity's communications are intercepted? They are immediately erased and a report of the incident is made. Know what happens when these steps aren't taken? People lose their jobs and face legal action. Look it up. It's called United States Signals Intelligence Directive (USSID) 18. Here's a link to a declassified version: http://www.gnucash.org/mirrors/mirro...id18-guide.htm

The only two ways in which a US person or entity can have his/her/their communications targeted is by consent or by Attorney General approval. On many occaisions, US persons like Army officers and diplomats give consent to their calls being collected. That's because they routinely talk over the phone to foreign leaders of intelligence value. The US person's side of the conversation is not reported on, but the signal is collected in order to target the foreigner. In the case of AG approval, a request is made because a US person is the subject of an investigation or foreign intelligence activity.

Bottom line, anyone saying that they went after US communications is a liar or inadvertently collected a US person while targeting foreigners. If they listened to what was being said, there's really not anything anyone can do about it. It's not right and if they had been discovered, they would have been in serious trouble. But you make it sound like the US Government is listening in on your phone calls. BS.

Go ahead and keep believing all this BS. Whatever. Bottom line here is that none of you guys have a clue about what the US intelligence community is or is not doing. You know what you read and hear from media and individual sources, all of whom have a political axe to grind. Just like the people in the link above. Guaranteed I can find out who they are because I know several folks at Ft. Gordon. I'll also bet you that they each are disgruntled in some way and are saying these things to smear the government for political reasons. There are two sides to every story. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes, however... I'd hate to think that I lived in a country I despised so much that I always believed the worst about it and her people.

But I do admire how you guys know everything about our intelligence activities while at the same time having ZERO experience or knowledge in the field.

Told ya.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Yep. Anyone wants to run down those in my career field, and I'll come on here and throw the BS flag. I don't pretend to know about being a lawyer or engineer... kind of tired reading people's drivel about intelligence operations when they have no foundation from which to make any judgements. The only reason anyone would come on here and spread these types of stories is because they want to smear their own government and those who work to provide those very people with security and freedom. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Yep. Anyone wants to run down those in my career field, and I'll come on here and throw the BS flag. I don't pretend to know about being a lawyer or engineer... kind of tired reading people's drivel about intelligence operations when they have no foundation from which to make any judgements. The only reason anyone would come on here and spread these types of stories is because they want to smear their own government and those who work to provide those very people with security and freedom. Nice.
    Well, it appears that some employee(s) of the NSA are the one's reporting this. Doesn't mean it is true.

My beef is with the Patriot Act, not the NSA. The Patriot gives them powers which I believe are unconstitutional. Whether the NSA chooses to use/abuse those powers or not is a separate issue.

Well, like I have said before, I can understand where you might think that. I can only tell you what I know from firsthand experience -- there is not anyone abusing your privacy here in the United States. I can assure you that unless you have been talking to someone with known terror ties, the US Government has never listened in on your phone calls or read your e-mail. Is it possible that someone could intercept your call inadvertently? Sure. It happens. But the people in this article are saying that it happens intentionally and infer that this is a matter of practice within the intelligence community. False. Like I pointed out earlier, anyone getting caught doing that would lose his/her clearance and employment... action in such cases is swift and certain. Anyway, we know one another's side in this argument... gotta get to work.

+ Reply to Thread