+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: braggin' on one of our own

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

braggin' on one of our own

i hate to put this here -- and mods feel free to move it somewhere that it will get more views -- but since the modest omahadawg isn't likely to brag about himself, i wanted to post this press release out of omaha that i came across ...

OMAHA, NE – The Omaha Royals have announced that General Manager Martie Cordaro and Director of Marketing Rob Crain have received promotions. Cordaro’s new title is Vice President and General Manager, while Crain is now Assistant General Manager/Marketing.

A ten-year veteran of Minor League Baseball, Cordaro was elevated to the team’s General Manager in 2008 after serving as Assistant General Manager for Business Development in his first season with the team in 2007. Under Cordaro’s leadership last season, the Royals posted an attendance of 349,376, its’ highest single-season total since 2001. He was instrumental in leading the organization to its’ highest total revenues since 2002 in both 2007 and 2008. Cordaro orchestrated an agreement with Werner Entrerprises to be the Royals’ season title sponsor – a first for the Triple-A team – in 2007 and 2008.

Cordaro came to Omaha from Battle Creek, Michigan, where he spent the 2005 and 2006 seasons as General Manager for the Class-A Southwest Michigan Devil Rays. He spent the 2003 and 2004 seasons as Director of Sales for the Double-A Birmingham Barons. He got his start in professional baseball with the Double-A West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx in 1999. A 1998 graduate of Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing, Cordaro served three seasons as Director of Marketing for the school’s baseball program.

“The Omaha market has reacted so positively to the Royals recent marketing and sales efforts that this promotion was a no-brainer,” said Royals President Alan Stein. “Martie is one of the most highly-respected G.M.’s in Minor League Baseball and is the perfect man to lead the Royals in our transition as we leave Rosenblatt Stadium after the 2010 season.”

Crain, who was promoted to the team’s Director of Marketing in 2008, joined the Royals in 2007 as a Corporate Sales Executive. Like Cordaro, Crain came to Omaha from Ivy Walls Management Company’s former team in Battle Creek, Michigan. He was elevated to Corporate Sales Executive for the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays in 2006, after leading the club’s Group Sales representatives in sales during the 2005 season. Crain is a 2004 graduate of Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts, where he double-majored in Sport Management and Business Management with a concentration in Marketing.

“Rob is one of the rising talents in Minor League Baseball and we are fortunate to have him as part of our team,” said Cordaro. “From marketing to sales to customer relations, he has been instrumental in our franchise’s growth over the past two seasons.”

For more information, contact Kevin McNabb, Royals Director of Media Relations, at (402) 738-5103.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: braggin' on one of our own

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i hate to put this here -- and mods feel free to move it somewhere that it will get more views -- but since the modest omahadawg isn't likely to brag about himself, i wanted to post this press release out of omaha that i came across ...

OMAHA, NE – The Omaha Royals have announced that General Manager Martie Cordaro and Director of Marketing Rob Crain have received promotions. Cordaro’s new title is Vice President and General Manager, while Crain is now Assistant General Manager/Marketing.

A ten-year veteran of Minor League Baseball, Cordaro was elevated to the team’s General Manager in 2008 after serving as Assistant General Manager for Business Development in his first season with the team in 2007. Under Cordaro’s leadership last season, the Royals posted an attendance of 349,376, its’ highest single-season total since 2001. He was instrumental in leading the organization to its’ highest total revenues since 2002 in both 2007 and 2008. Cordaro orchestrated an agreement with Werner Entrerprises to be the Royals’ season title sponsor – a first for the Triple-A team – in 2007 and 2008.

Cordaro came to Omaha from Battle Creek, Michigan, where he spent the 2005 and 2006 seasons as General Manager for the Class-A Southwest Michigan Devil Rays. He spent the 2003 and 2004 seasons as Director of Sales for the Double-A Birmingham Barons. He got his start in professional baseball with the Double-A West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx in 1999. A 1998 graduate of Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing, Cordaro served three seasons as Director of Marketing for the school’s baseball program.

“The Omaha market has reacted so positively to the Royals recent marketing and sales efforts that this promotion was a no-brainer,” said Royals President Alan Stein. “Martie is one of the most highly-respected G.M.’s in Minor League Baseball and is the perfect man to lead the Royals in our transition as we leave Rosenblatt Stadium after the 2010 season.”

Crain, who was promoted to the team’s Director of Marketing in 2008, joined the Royals in 2007 as a Corporate Sales Executive. Like Cordaro, Crain came to Omaha from Ivy Walls Management Company’s former team in Battle Creek, Michigan. He was elevated to Corporate Sales Executive for the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays in 2006, after leading the club’s Group Sales representatives in sales during the 2005 season. Crain is a 2004 graduate of Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts, where he double-majored in Sport Management and Business Management with a concentration in Marketing.

“Rob is one of the rising talents in Minor League Baseball and we are fortunate to have him as part of our team,” said Cordaro. “From marketing to sales to customer relations, he has been instrumental in our franchise’s growth over the past two seasons.”

For more information, contact Kevin McNabb, Royals Director of Media Relations, at (402) 738-5103.
    Many congratulations Martie! We are all so proud of you.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Hope to see him employed by Louisiana Tech before the job becomes a step down for such an up and comer.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Congrats!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats from Birmingham. I hated to see you leave here, but am glad it has worked out so well for you.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Great job Martie
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Guess I better keep all the ROyals stuff you sent Martie...might be worth some big bucks some day the way you're going. Congrats!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Thanks for the words guys. You all are too kind.

Things are rocking here! and it is all because of our great staff.

Martie

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Hope to see him employed by Louisiana Tech before the job becomes a step down for such an up and comer.
    Nah, let him keep on his baseball trajectory. That way, when he is VP or GM for a major league team, we'll have one of our "internet guys" in the Tech 100. :icon_wink:

Congrats, Martie.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Way to go rob crain!!!!!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Just kidding. Good job Martie!! That's great news.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I do have to say that you need to remember my man Boston Rob...he has a bright future and has now been with me for 4 years after moving from Michigan to Nebraska with me.

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I do have to say that you need to remember my man Boston Rob...he has a bright future and has now been with me for 4 years after moving from Michigan to Nebraska with me.
    Is that common in minor league baseball? Almost like a coaching staff in football or is that a pretty rare deal?

Not uncommon at all. Usually when you move to another GM job there is one or two people that you will try to bring with you. I now have Rob plus 2 that worked for me at other clubs plus 2 others that I previously interviewed and now was able to bring them in to a better organization that when I interviewed them at a smaller market club.

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Not uncommon at all. Usually when you move to another GM job there is one or two people that you will try to bring with you. I now have Rob plus 2 that worked for me at other clubs plus 2 others that I previously interviewed and now was able to bring them in to a better organization that when I interviewed them at a smaller market club.

That's cool Omaha. It's gotta be a lot easier to impliment your own ideas and systems at a new place when you have those guys with you. Congrats on the promotion!

+ Reply to Thread