+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World Series

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

World Series

Random things I think are worth mentioning regarding this year's World Series...

The parking lot is an adventure. I arrived super early for game one for tailgating and the media walking around made the place a zoo. I still cannot get over how many reporters are at this event. Someone who works at the Trop told me that the total number of tickets sold was 20k. The total attendance was 41k.

Scalpers are plenty, but for the WS they get creative. A man was selling very nice looking passes to the "postgame autograph session on the field" for $10. I have no word on how much money he had, but from what I gathered it was a large sum before police nabbed him.

We must have set a new record for fights per capita in baseball. In my section, two fans were yelling and one threw a beer all over the other guy's wife. In response, the guy punched the dude in the stomach, grabbed him by the hair and slammed his face into the arm rest of the chair and continued to punch him in the back while he was on the ground until security arrived.

In the seat next to me was a kid about 12 years old. He slept literally the entire game. That's a $500 nap, folks. Behind them was a family of 10 at $300/seat.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: World Series

The Rays full time employees made the trip up to Philly to watch games 3-5. One of them had their 7 year old daughter present. Apparently, Philly fans got a cub of mustard from the concessions and nailed the 7 year old with it.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    The Rays full time employees made the trip up to Philly to watch games 3-5. One of them had their 7 year old daughter present. Apparently, Philly fans got a cub of mustard from the concessions and nailed the 7 year old with it.
    Classy - but what would you expect from Philly fans - they even booed Santa Claus!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I have several friends in Philly, and one of them has season tickets to the Phillies games. I went to a game with him in April (decked out fully in Cubs gear for a game agains the Cubs). Of course, I got booed and talked a little trash with a few fans. For the most part they were pretty cool, but they have a few that should be in jail somewhere.

I was with a big group, about half Cubs fans and half Phillies fans. We didn't have any real problems, but we saw a few things happen and security was lacking. I read the story about the 7 year-old yesterday and I wasn't too surprised. It's too bad because most of their fans don't deserve that reputation.

The thing I noticed is the closer to the field you are, the fewer problems you have. The further you move up, the worse it gets.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Same thing when I went to Yankee Stadium. It is easy to spot the Yankee fans from the Bronx - black baggy jeans, wife beater and flat billed Yankee hat cocked sideways. Gold chains are optional.

The Rays have the worst fans in all of baseball. There was a celebration for the team. About 500 people showed up to celebrate our AL Championship. Of course, the event was pretty crappy too. I like Richard Baker even less than I did before, which is impressive.

+ Reply to Thread