+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So much for the LA "Flagship" (Sarcasm)

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

So much for the LA "Flagship" (Sarcasm)

We may have had our behinds handed to us today...but LSU really had their a$$es handed to them in their OWN HOUSE today...and they were powerless to stop it...simply awesome!

Baton Rouge is very quiet tonight...except for the partying Bulldogs...HAHAHA...Go Georgia!

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Re: So much for the LA "Flagship" (Sarcasm)

Yall take the hate of LSU to an extreme, How many LSU fans on boards go YIPPIEEEEE Tech lost today

NONE

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

P.S. dont take that wrong Im not saying you should pull for LSU to win IM NOT

But to constantly hate on them is kinda useless

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post

There are some (a majority?) of people here that hate LSU more than they love Tech.

Yeah, I never understood it either.

But i'm a Cowboys fan.

Yep I see that.

and I dont hate you because your a cowboys fan

(LoL)

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

If you lived here and had to listen to their pompous, condescending asses all the time you might feel different about that.

Well I will give you that, they are lets say LSU fans are a little over Passionate about their tigers. But I for one dont down any team to try and make myself feel better or try to make my team look better.

and Im a saints fan so Ive had MANY bad years. (But the few good ones make up for it)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    There are some (a majority?) of people here that hate LSU more than they love Tech.

But i'm a Cowboys fan.
    I hate the cowgirls too.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Well I will give you that, they are lets say LSU fans are a little over Passionate about their tigers. But I for one dont down any team to try and make myself feel better or try to make my team look better.

and Im a saints fan so Ive had MANY bad years. (But the few good ones make up for it)
    Imagine being a Saints fan living in Dallas.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I hate the cowgirls too.
    Which is fine. But there are some (I think Dwayne, actually, has admitted this about himself), that HATE Dallas more than they LOVE their Saints.

Its a phenomenon I have never understood.

(admins -- Pit this when you get a chance)

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I went to tiggerdroppings.com and they are ready to lynch Les, or the QB or the entire defensive lineup. Brutal.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

But i'm a Cowboys fan.
    Nah, it only seems that way because you have divided loyalties. :icon_wink:

Maybe you somehow dodge it when you are on campus, but any hatred I have for lsu came after moving back here in 2005. I was pretty much ambivalent toward them during my undergrad days, but when I came back and felt like I was having the "flagship" myth BS flaunted in my face and shoved down my throat on Tech's campus, it kind of caused a reaction. It has also been fueled, of course, from seeing so many times that Tech has had to take an academic back seat to lsu just because of this "flagship" activism from the state legislature. If they were earning their position in the state it would be one thing. But the bully tactics are ridiculous. Anything that comes within 1000 miles of "competing" with them--in athletics or academics--is shut down.

Not implying that lsu is the only thing holding Tech back, but to be continually be told--by Tech students and alumni, no less--that you have to support lsu, or that they deserve to squelch some of our academic endeavours, or whatever the issue d'jour is, simply because Huey Long knighted them with "flagship" status and because people continue to perpetuate this myth, continually irks me. I would be completely happy to ignore them--I'm not even from this state for crying out loud--except that it keeps getting dragged up.

Didn't we used to have a pretty good Petroleum Engineering program? I wonder what ever happened to that...

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I went to tiggerdroppings.com and they are ready to lynch Les, or the QB or the entire defensive lineup. Brutal.
    I *love* message board meltdowns. Someone should do a psych study on them. Rationale goes completely out the window.

I just can't decide whose worse -- our offensive coordinator or their defensive one!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Oh, and I'd like to add a big GO GEORGIA to this thread. After all, they are the FLAGSHIP of my home state. You're supposed to support the flagship, right?

I *love* message board meltdowns. Someone should do a psych study on them. Rationale goes completely out the window.

I just can't decide whose worse -- our offensive coordinator or their defensive one!
    Wish we could trade OCs with them.

+ Reply to Thread