+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mike Singletary

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Mike Singletary

I'm sure some of you have seen his post game press conference after yesterday's game. I LOVED it. What a breath of fresh air in a league filled with "me first" guys. I also liked the fact that he had no problem sending a player to the locker room during the game. I haven't seen that happen in an NFL game in years.

Old Mike looks just as intense now as he did in his playing days. Can you imagine making a mistake and having to walk toward the sideline with those bulging eyes staring at you?! If his attitude is contagious, and I have a feeling they can't help but catch it, then the 49ers will improve over the next year or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Mike Singletary

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'm sure some of you have seen his post game press conference after yesterday's game. I LOVED it. What a breath of fresh air in a league filled with "me first" guys. I also liked the fact that he had no problem sending a player to the locker room during the game. I haven't seen that happen in an NFL game in years.

Old Mike looks just as intense now as he did in his playing days. Can you imagine making a mistake and having to walk toward the sideline with those bulging eyes staring at you?! If his attitude is contagious, and I have a feeling they can't help but catch it, then the 49ers will improve over the next year or two.
    I think only a former player--and particularly one with Singletary's reputation--could get away with sending a player to the lockerroom during a game.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Good point. I think it comes down to being a coach that players respect. If you have ever seen the old Falcons video of June Jones telling Jeff George to go to the locker room and seeing George stand there and yell back and Jones, then you know what I mean.

Of course, if Davis had pulled that trick, Singletary might have put him in the Figure-4 right there on the sidelines. Other coaches could probably get away with it because their players respect them (Dungy, Bellichick, Parcells, etc.) but most of them would not try it.

It's just nice to see a coach not accept "the way things are". Like I said, if his attitude is contagious, look for the 9ers to get better soon. If they don't pick up his attitude, they might pick up a pink slip. The York family better hold on to Singletary, because he might be the last thing keeping them from becoming the next version of the Detroit Lions.

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

I was really impressed by Singletary too. As an interim coach, he's sure made an impact his first week. Earlier I went to google news and he was on the front page.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Singletary is VERY tough but a class act at the same time. He's a good man and even though I have always hated the Niners I really hope he does well over there.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Singletary is VERY tough but a class act at the same time. He's a good man and even though I have always hated the Niners I really hope he does well over there.

Yes, Singletary has an inegrity and class about him that transcends beyond the football field. He isnt just interested in these guys doing things right on the field, he cares about these guys and wants them to do things right in life. I can guarantee you that. In a league that is seen as money grubbing and their motives always questioned, they need a guy like Singletary who has a reputation that is beyond refute.

+ Reply to Thread