+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great blog in Jax paper

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Great blog in Jax paper

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    In today's WBB 6'3" doesn't mean anything. Can she play? Can she run the floor? Does she have real BB skills. At 6'3" she'd have to play small forward on some teams, IF she had the speed and skills to handle it. If she did, trust me, every SEC school and others, would have been recruiting her. It is a little encouraging that Ole Miss was looking at her, but other than that...Tenn State? She has a lot to prove.

Now, all that reality set aside, recruiting is NOT an exact science, so it is very possible this girl has indeed slipped under the radar. Let's hope so.

One thing is certain, ya gotta love Spoon's enthusiasm. I think, pound for pound, she is the BEST player in Techster history. And, given the incredible talent that has worn Lady Techster uniforms, that is saying something. I hope she can translate her skills into a successful coaching gig.
    In today's world of basketball recruiting, if you don't play AAU ball you don't get recruited.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    In today's world of basketball recruiting, if you don't play AAU ball you don't get recruited.
    That is very true. You hear about those hidden ones every once in a while and, then, everyone decends upon them. We got there early on this one - thank goodness. However, I think we will be back in the top recruiting game real quick if we do well this year and can keep sitting them down between Karl and Spoon. :icon_wink:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That is true, to a point. It definitely makes it easier to get recruited, as a player, if you do play AAU ball. But, coaches, good recruiters, know to look beyond the obvious AAU curcuit too.

I can say, as a former coach of girls' AAU and summer hoops (there are other organizations than just AAU) I have seen some girls that just wowed! me. Amazing talent out there.

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Not always the case, IMO. Also, not everyone can afford AAU ball with travel expenses and all.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Maybe it is just my computer but I was having difficulty with the link. I think this is a different URL and hopefully the same content of the link you posted, http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...rionledger.com.

I really liked the comment "She made her committment at this guy's house (I.E. Karl Malone's)". It is also great to see her 3.59 GPA and a 22 on her ACT. She is both talented and smart. That is a good combination on the court. I expect with her coming in late to her basketball skills and experience that as sharp as she is she will learn and grow into her capabilities quickly. She will also benefit from the passion of Coach Weatherspoon. Welcome to Louisiana Tech Tavasha Anderson. It really is a great place to be for your college years.

+ Reply to Thread