+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenkins?

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Jenkins?

at the game with no radio... Is Jenkins hurt or why is he not playing? Don't feel too confident with Bennett at an...

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Re: Jenkins?

no idea why bennett is in...Dave hasn't said anything about it.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Did Quin play today? I looked for him several times. Was I just too excited to see him or was he not playing?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Did Quin play today? I looked for him several times. Was I just too excited to see him or was he not playing?
    No, Quin was out with injury, but on the sidelines and in the sideline huddles.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quin looked like he was coaching

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quin was on the sideline and was very active assisting in the coaching duties.

Jenkin played most of the game. Dooley put in Bennett for a couple of downs. After Taylor threw a pick, Ross was back in.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Bennett played nearly all of the 2nd quarter. It may just be me, but the team just doesn't look like they buy into him like they do Jenkins. We certainly didn't do anything of note offensively in the 2nd quarter.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

It looked like it was scripted to have Bennett work the second quarter. Hope that's the last we see of him.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Ross has moxie and Taylor doesn't. Jenkins is simply a more natural leader. Noticed it on the sidelines today.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Hats off to Ross (sorry market) for taking his medicine and coming back strong. He did enough to win the game today. Of course when you have a Dr.P on your side you don't have to do too much.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    no idea why bennett is in...Dave hasn't said anything about it.
    i don't know why bennett went in, but my guess would be because jenkins held the ball to long on one play, took a sack and fumbled (luckily we recovered). he did that the army game too. he is playing fine, but the one area he must improve on is getting rid of the ball more quickly. that is the one thing bennett does better than jenkins.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Yeah but but TB continued his his total lack of touch on flare passes out of the backfield. He threw behind the RB and hard. The catch was made for a 5 yard loss because the back had to break momentum and balance to snag it. Thrown in front it is a big gain..

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I have no problem with TB getting in (since it's obvious Ensminger is not what the coaches are looking for). Bennett has a feel for the offense and is able (generally) to avoid the mistakes he made last night. My personal philosophy is to play the back up qb for at least 2 or 3 series early in the game to give the starter a chance to see what's going on and to settle down a little. Now if the starter is on fire, I don't know that I'd make that call. But play the backup, that way if he's need later in the game, he's gotten a little hint of the opposing teams capabilitities and improves our chances. Personally, I'd prefer Ensminger be the back up at this point (nothing against Bennett) since we "know" he'll be back next year, but I'll trust Bigdog13 in assuming that there are things we don't know that we just have to accept in why Bennett is still one of the top 2. Let's not get upst when Bennett gets a couple of series and just be assured that it's to let Ross get caught up with some in game coaching. It seems to have worked this week. +1 to Dooley and Scelfo in my book.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I think it's good that we are playing Ross. Taylor will only be here this year and if he played every game, we would be right back where we were last spring...wondering about the QB. Ross won't be inexperienced next year - the team seems to respond well to him and that is something we can build on.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that Dooley had planned to play Jenkins for the 1st and 3rd Quarter and TB for the 2nd and 4th. After Jenkins did so well in the 3rd, though, he was left in the game.

+ Reply to Thread