+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenkins?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jenkins?

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I heard that Dooley had planned to play Jenkins for the 1st and 3rd Quarter and TB for the 2nd and 4th. After Jenkins did so well in the 3rd, though, he was left in the game.
    Not true

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

The news star said it so it did not come from a credible source.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Did Quin play today? I looked for him several times. Was I just too excited to see him or was he not playing?
    I was told he re-broke his arm and is done for the season.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    I was told he re-broke his arm and is done for the season.
    He was on the sideline and did not dress out.

I have heard a similar story about a reinjury during practice.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Dave said before the game that they felt Ross could hurt them as a mobile qb, but if they couldn't get anything going, DD felt like FS was vulnerable to the deep ball...and Ross's arm strength isn't exactly lights out...so they expected to see Bennett at some point if Ross wasn't lighting them up. Of course, I don't recall Bennett making any deep passes while he was in.

And Bennett did go back in after the INT for another series.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I have no problem with TB getting in (since it's obvious Ensminger is not what the coaches are looking for). Bennett has a feel for the offense and is able (generally) to avoid the mistakes he made last night. My personal philosophy is to play the back up qb for at least 2 or 3 series early in the game to give the starter a chance to see what's going on and to settle down a little. Now if the starter is on fire, I don't know that I'd make that call. But play the backup, that way if he's need later in the game, he's gotten a little hint of the opposing teams capabilitities and improves our chances. Personally, I'd prefer Ensminger be the back up at this point (nothing against Bennett) since we "know" he'll be back next year, but I'll trust Bigdog13 in assuming that there are things we don't know that we just have to accept in why Bennett is still one of the top 2. Let's not get upst when Bennett gets a couple of series and just be assured that it's to let Ross get caught up with some in game coaching. It seems to have worked this week. +1 to Dooley and Scelfo in my book.
    I agree. I think that this was planned from the start, and I also think it is a good idea, especially with a still-green QB, to give him a few series from the sidelines to see what is going on. It is also a good idea to keep your backup sharp by giving him a few series a game.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Dave said before the game that they felt Ross could hurt them as a mobile qb, but if they couldn't get anything going, DD felt like FS was vulnerable to the deep ball...and Ross's arm strength isn't exactly lights out...so they expected to see Bennett at some point if Ross wasn't lighting them up. Of course, I don't recall Bennett making any deep passes while he was in.

I didn't see it, but when I was taking my kid to the bathroom I heard Steve say on the radio something about a deep ball Bennett threw, and he commented on the arm strength.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post

I don't think he completed a pass beyond the line of scrimmage. He can throw it out of bounds though.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Ross has moxie and Taylor doesn't. Jenkins is simply a more natural leader. Noticed it on the sidelines today.

Didn't notice that. I saw Bennett active in all the sideline huddles and patting all the O-lineman on the back.

He seems to have a good attitude.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Didn't notice that. I saw Bennett active in all the sideline huddles and patting all the O-lineman on the back.

He seems to have a good attitude.
    I was going to argue the same thing but I also think there is a difference between being a good leader and a coach. TB is a coach. Leaders tend to motivate through their play. Coaches tell you the right way to do things. The conversations TB is always talking to Lon and the OL but what they talk about is blocking and picking up a blitz. Ross elevates play on the field by what he can do. His mobility and his accuracy sparks the offense.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I like to see Bennett motivating the other players but I didn't like seeing his pass fall short and get picked. The decision to go to that WR was a good one but it wasn't an accurate throw downfield.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Bennet scares me when he passes and sets our receivers up to get their heads knocked off. How about the pass he threw to Porter and knocked him down or at least that was the way it looked. Porter may have just fell down because he was off balance catching the ball that was thrown behind him.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

You are right DonW. Remember the pass to Livas down the middle but in front of MS State's safety? Livas was almost killed on that play. I didn't expect him to get up.

I think there was another but I can't specifically recall.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Jenkins is gradually gaining DD's confidence and taking over. With another win or two in the next couple of games, he'll be entrenched.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Bennet scares me when he passes and sets our receivers up to get their heads knocked off. How about the pass he threw to Porter and knocked him down or at least that was the way it looked. Porter may have just fell down because he was off balance catching the ball that was thrown behind him.
    I noticed that, too. I told my son "a little too much ooomph in that one!"

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Was that the pass or was that the turf? The pass looked good to me. I couldn't tell if it was too hard or not. But I know Livas and I think someone else was having trouble with traction.

+ Reply to Thread