+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Academy in Bossier

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Academy in Bossier

For those of you who have been to the new Academy in Bossier, you have probably noticed the COMPLETE lack of Tech merchandise. The manager has been complained to, most recently myself today. His reply was that he is stocking the major money stuff and Tech just isn't big enough.

Well, it's time to show this manager that there are over 10,000 Tech alumni in Shreveport/Bossier. I told him that until he stocked some Tech stuff, I would be taking my business to the Academy in Shreveport where they DO carry Tech stuff.

Please, if you are in the area, just stop by, have a look around, ask for the manager and request that he carry Tech merchandise.

Chris

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Academy in Bossier

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    For those of you who have been to the new Academy in Bossier, you have probably noticed the COMPLETE lack of Tech merchandise. The manager has been complained to, most recently myself today. His reply was that he is stocking the major money stuff and Tech just isn't big enough.

Well, it's time to show this manager that there are over 10,000 Tech alumni in Shreveport/Bossier. I told him that until he stocked some Tech stuff, I would be taking my business to the Academy in Shreveport where they DO carry Tech stuff.

Please, if you are in the area, just stop by, have a look around, ask for the manager and request that he carry Tech merchandise.

Chris
    They DO stock Tech gear in WM. Could be more, but they do stock a selection in WM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

They even stock Tech stuff at the Academy in A-Town...at least they used to.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

This is a typical manager who doesn't know/understand the market area. Actually, the ONLY college stuff I was able to find in the store was LSPooh. No Grambling, no NOTHING except LSU. I had a report that earlier in the week he had told someone it was because of licensing issues, but has changed his story. Just if you are in the area, politely ask for them to stock Tech merchandise.

Chris

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

The only thing with a Tech logo on it at the Bossier Academy is a bag hanging between the aisles near the bicycles. I'll be complaining next time I go in.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    The only thing with a Tech logo on it at the Bossier Academy is a bag hanging between the aisles near the bicycles. I'll be complaining next time I go in.
    Better yet, complain as you are mentioning you will never come back until you hear of Tech merchandise being sold. I say screw them. Take your business elsewhere.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Better yet, complain as you are mentioning you will never come back until you hear of Tech merchandise being sold. I say screw them. Take your business elsewhere.

No chance. I'm so glad to see that store open up. With four kids playing all kinds of sports I was tired of driving to Shreveport. Not to mention they have great prices on kids shoes and school uniforms. I'll let them know, and I expect that we will see more Tech gear there. But hey I don't even have to leave my house to get great Tech gear. I've got Techteamshop.com

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

But hey I don't even have to leave my house to get great Tech gear. I've got Techteamshop.com
    Correct . . . but we're not going to change the retailing narrow mindset unless something is mentioned to management of these outlets.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

No chance. I'm so glad to see that store open up. With four kids playing all kinds of sports I was tired of driving to Shreveport. Not to mention they have great prices on kids shoes and school uniforms. I'll let them know, and I expect that we will see more Tech gear there. But hey I don't even have to leave my house to get great Tech gear. I've got Techteamshop.com
    How far can it be between stores? This ain't DFW. You can get from one side of Shreveport/Bossier to the other in about 15-20 minutes. I understand your point, though. It just makes me mad when such a manager seems to have some agenda. Did you smell corn dogs while you were there?

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Until the Academy in Bossier (or where ever you might be) gets its act together, shop where you know you will get the best service and highest quality apparel. "Where can I do that?" you might be asking yourself. At www.TechTeamShop.com, of course. We even offer free shipping on returns! So if it doesn't fit or it's not exactly what you wanted or were expecting we will exchange it at no cost to you! Where else can you get GREAT TECH stuff AND that level of customer service? NO WHERE!! So, until those "big" sports stores decide it is worth it to carry Tech merchandise, just shop where you know you will get quality and service! www.TechTeamShop.com!!!!

We also give back to the Tech athletic department (since they are the very reason we are in business)!

I am Ben Vogt and I approve this ad!

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

BTW...don't forget to use the discount code: latechbbb
    when you checkout
    Last edited by TECHLAX; 11-07-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    How far can it be between stores? This ain't DFW. You can get from one side of Shreveport/Bossier to the other in about 15-20 minutes. I understand your point, though. It just makes me mad when such a manager seems to have some agenda. Did you smell corn dogs while you were there?

It's the exact opposite end of town for me. When you are managing a household of 6 a 20 min drive one way is a big deal. So I can now go do something in 10-15 mins that use to take at least a hour. I don't think it is an agenda. They are loaded up on lsu and Saints. There is very little else. I think in time that will change. I'm not defending them for not carrying our gear. They will and like I said I like Techteamshop.com.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

TECHTEAMSHOP.COM

Most of the Tech stuff at the Academy in Shreveport sucks anyway. No name brand apparel. Still use the old logos. Limited selection. They have Tech football t-shirts with Tech football helmets on them with printed TECHSTERS on them!

Folks, I KNOW about TechTeamShop.com and support it FULLY. This is more about marketing TECH to the Bossier area than it is about the merchandise. Tech is 45 - 50 minutes from this Academy. There are over 10,000 Tech alumni in Bossier/Shreveport. It IS our target audience. We have just over 1,500 ACTIVE members on THIS SITE and probably 20-30% of them are from Bossier/Shreveport and know about TechTeamShop. That's between 3-5% of the Bossier/Shreveport alumni base. If Tech is going to make strides in activating the Bossier/Shreveport alumni base, ONE ASPECT of that has to be for them to see Tech in their everyday life. This store NEEDS to carry Tech stuff. PERIOD. And I'm asking those of you in Bossier to simply make that known to the management of the store.

Chris

I know where our next big marketing push will be!

+ Reply to Thread