+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Academy in Bossier

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Academy in Bossier

It should have been your first

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It should have been your first

You are probably right. Live and learn.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

*BUMP*

If/When Tech gets the I-Bowl invite, it becomes even more important for people in the local community to be able purchase Tech gear LOCALLY. PLEASE let the management of all the stores in the Shreveport/Bossier area know in the next couple of weeks that TECH is playing in the I-Bowl (if it happens) and they need to carry Tech stuff for the fans to purchase to wear to the game.

Chris

Puppy kingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Let me get this straight, yo're upset because the new Academy in Bossier doesn't have Tech gear and the one in Shreveport has old Tech gear. The "old" Tech stuff in Shreveport is gear left over from that era. In other words, they haven't been able to sell it, maybe that's why they aren't too keen on the idea of bringing in a lot of Tech merchandise, it hasn't sold in the past.

If you're so concerned about the Tech faithful being represented in the Bossier/Shreveport area, then maybe you ought to talk to your AD/ head football coach who refuses to have a media/fan luncheon in this area. If little NSU can do it, then surely Tech can. You want the businesses in Bossier/Shreveport to cow-tow to you, but what have you or Tech done to cow-tow to the folks in this area? You gotta give to get!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

On the press luncheon, fan luncheon I see where that got the NSU coach . . . fired.
    Let me ask you this . . why doesn't the Times or Gannett have a resident beat writer in Ruston who can write for the four Gannett papers in the state and travel with the team and give personalized coverage?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Let me ask you this . . why doesn't the Times or Gannett have a resident beat writer in Ruston who can write for the four Gannett papers in the state and travel with the team and give personalized coverage?

You know, but I'll play along...

It wouldn't be fair. Then they'd have to do it for everyone. Budget will always be the excuse though.

Puppy kingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    On the press luncheon, fan luncheon I see where that got the NSU coach . . . fired.

Good job. You completely avoided my point and made a ridiculous statement. The person complaining about Academy was mad because they didn't have Tech merchandise. I simply asked why should Academy in Bossier and Shreveport(or any other business in that area) bow down to Tech fans when Tech hasn't done anything in Bossier/Shreveport on a consistent basis? There is a reason that the Academy in Shreveport has all the old Tech stuff, it never sold. So why would the new store load up on Tech gear when they already know it doesn't/hasn't sold in the past?

I think you guys won't be worried about Academy Sports near as much when you gotta find a new coach in a few days.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish View Post
    Good job. You completely avoided my point and made a ridiculous statement. The person complaining about Academy was mad because they didn't have Tech merchandise. I simply asked why should Academy in Bossier and Shreveport(or any other business in that area) bow down to Tech fans when Tech hasn't done anything in Bossier/Shreveport on a consistent basis? There is a reason that the Academy in Shreveport has all the old Tech stuff, it never sold. So why would the new store load up on Tech gear when they already know it doesn't/hasn't sold in the past?

I think you guys won't be worried about Academy Sports near as much when you gotta find a new coach in a few days.

I'll take a shot.

I don't think you can use old (unsold) stuff on its own as evidence that Tech gear won't sell in Shreveport. What did it look like? Was it the right color? Big name brands? Correct logos? Tech possibly playing in the I-bowl that year? Tech have a winning season that year? There are any number of contributing factors here.

The reason Academy should stock Tech stuff is that the right stuff will sell. If they don't want the money, I'm sure the techteamshop will take it (or I guess folks can shop in Ruston while they are at games).

It isn't a matter of bowing down to Tech fans any more than it would be bowing down to stock anything else a customer asked for. If you had enough William and Mary grads in the area asking about gear, you'd find a way to stock it. If every high school kid in the area thinks pink nike socks are the way to go, you order some pink nike socks. I think we are trying to get Tech fans to point out that they spend money at those stores and would be even more inclined to do so if the school ONE HOUR AWAY had some t-shirts on the racks.

If I lived in the area, I'd ask them about it and then if they weren't going to stock it, I'd go elsewhere. Since I'm not likely to go to one store just for a Tech shirt and then drive to another one to buy a basketball or something, they'd just lose all/most of my business.

I realize all Tech fans won't go to that trouble (as you can read above). But if enough people ask, then they'll carry what you want (as is also pointed out above, I believe).

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

The stuff in Shreveport never sold because it was crap. Half the apparel referred to us as the "Louisiana Tech Techsters" and all of it looked like it was made in '92.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    The stuff in Shreveport never sold because it was crap. Half the apparel referred to us as the "Louisiana Tech Techsters" and all of it looked like it was made in '92.
    And having re-read the initial post in this thread, all he said was that he is going to go to Shreveport because they sold Tech stuff instead of Bossier because they don't. What's the problem with that? If it doesn't mean anything to the store in Bossier, then I guess they won't miss his money.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, Huey has come back from the dead. I think I liked it better with him still in the ground.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Nice job twisting things just so you could stir something up, troll.

First, mad - NO, disappointed - YES

The management of the Bossier Academy can make their own choices about what to stock and what not to stock. It's part of the free enterprise system so great in our country. However, I can also choose to spend my dollars where I choose. When I go to Ruston, I support establishments that support Tech by finding out who contributes and going there. I'm choosing to do the same thing in Shreveport. When choosing between two like establishments, one that carries Tech merchandise (no matter age, quality, etc.) and one that doesn't, I'll choose the one that does and let them both know why.

Second, in case you weren't aware, Tech Barksdale is IN BOSSIER CITY and has supported the Shreveport/Bossier area for YEARS and the Technology Transfer Center is here as well.

Third, I have personally supported the Shreveport/Bossier area for over 40 years. I was raised here, went to school here, have paid taxes here, and have supported the local economy. I've attended the I-Bowl and EVERY Tech football game held in Independence Stadium. I've been to the lunches put on when JBIII was the coach and have been to them since. No, DD doesn't come, but he doesn't go to Monroe and, if I'm not mistaken, Ruston either. And I'm not alone! So don't come on here saying the fans have to give to get. Tech and the fans of Tech have given for YEARS.

Chris

If they have given SO much, then I guess it must be all the bad people at Academy Sports not doing their jobs. How dare they not stock up on all the latest Tech gear! My goodness, Tech just made a bowl game for the 1st time in how long? Academy should have been all over that.

Apparently, Academy and other locations don't feel the same as you do or they'd have more of Tech merchandise. Someone bragged that over 10,000 Tech graduates live in the Bossier/Shreveport area, I guess they haven't been supporting as much as you!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Someone bragged that over 10,000 Tech graduates live in the Bossier/Shreveport area, I guess they haven't been supporting as much as you!

That's the point, Beavis.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I realize this is an Academy discussion, but it reminds of this infomercial on one of the Monroe TV stations yesterday morning. It was all about how Simmons Sporting Goods in Bastrop? or wherever has massive LSU and Arkansas sections (cause they're so close to the state line) and are adding Ole Miss and MSU items. Didn't mention a thing about Tech or ULM. I won't buy my hunting gear from there, that's for sure. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread