+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Media Finally Admits they don't know Obama

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Major Media Finally Admits they don't know Obama

I agree, that interview was absurd. The universe comment was incoherent. The admission that they didn't know what books he read was interesting. Sarah Palin's newspaper choices were front page stories and the target of much satire... and no one bothered to ask Obama. A single article written by someone else in Ron Paul's newsletter makes national news, yet we don't know what Obama's thesis was on or his law review articles. (BTW - it is VERY uncommon for either of those things to be a secret.) We do know shockingly little about Obama. His focus on "issues" by just ignoring character attacks worked on the Republicans. It seemed to create a shield around him that obscured the vision of the mass media. To hear Tom say that is very, very shocking.

Was Tim Russert the last true news man? I couldn't imagine him saying that in such a trivial way. He would say it, but he would be dressing down the media by doing so.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    The fourth estate did not do its job this election cycle, period!
    I AGREE......
    Now would you care to name ANY "election cycle" when the fourth estate has ever done its presumed "free press" job well?

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Yes when you have the main anchorman for a major news source stating that he knows nothing about the man. Words are pretty clear Spin.
    I've already made my minor point......
    But just for you I shall continue.

Would you mind watching the video just one more time......
    And just for your personal satisfaction......
    Note the moment when "the main anchorman for a major news source" STATES "that he KNOWS NOTHING about the man".

"Words (indeed) are pretty clear", Gonzo......
    I am more than content to send you in search of your 2 "KNOWS NOTHING" words, to your personal satisfaction.

No reply needed......
    Unless you feel you must.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Spinoza I don't blame Obama for this. My point is that it shows complete ignorance by supposed reputable news organizations when after 1.5 years of covering Obama, having him on network news and cable programs, and when TB even moderated a presidential debate for him to say this.
    Why not......
    A curious ignorance IMNHO......
    Or an interesting ignorance IMNHO?
    Do you have any concept of what "complete ignorance" entails?

Your "point" was an egregious exaggeration that any fool could challenge with little more than a tiny vocabulary and a modicom of common sense.

If the FACTS support your position...... Pound the FACTS!
    If the LAW supports your position...... Pound the LAW.
    If neither the FACTS nor the LAW support your position...... POUND THE TABLE!
    But never be surprised when others notice any effort on your part to assualt any particular piece of furniture.

BTW......
    I like your spunk......
    But IMNHO, charging a gun with a knife is almost always a very bad idea.

Cheers......
    For your spunk......
    And good night.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    I AGREE......
    Now would you care to name ANY "election cycle" when the fourth estate has ever done its presumed "free press" job well?

Cheers.
    1976...1980...1984...1988...1992...they were not cluttered with misinformation and blatant non-reporting like the last 4 cycles.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

1976...1980...1984...1988...1992...they were not cluttered with misinformation and blatant non-reporting like the last 4 cycles.
    I'll assume you honestly believe the above......
    And I respect your opinion.
    But I honestly do not agree.

BTW and FWIW......
    I date my opinion of fourth estate falderol back to the election of John Adams.

Cheers.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

The fourth estate did not do its job this election cycle, period!
    I don't know about that. SNL did a pretty good job.

Obama is an open book. You guys just don't know how to read him.:icon_wink:

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread