+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SI picks Tech in Indy Bowl

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

SI picks Tech in Indy Bowl

Hum..... Sorry if already posted.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: SI picks Tech in Indy Bowl

Akron? Yawn

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Akron? Yawn
    We actually played the Akron ZIPPERS in Murphresboro, TN, in the 1968 Grantland Rice Bowl. This was one of the most miserable days of my life----snow blowing sideways across the field, no room in the press box for coaches, Pat Collins (DC) & I sat at the top of the stadium in desk chairs & almost suffered frostbite. Oh, we beat their brains out.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

My favorite Indy Bowl was when Texas A&M played Miss St in the snow

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

And they came to Ruston in 1990 during that run we had going to the I-Bowl. We beat them the week prior to beating Colorado State, if I remember correctly... former Notre Dame coach Jerry Faust was their HC at the time.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Pat Collins (DC) & I sat at the top of the stadium in desk chairs & almost suffered frostbite.

You weren't warm sitting that close to the "devil"?
    I guess that was before he fell.

Bulldog bentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nicebentondawg is just really nice bentondawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    We actually played the Akron ZIPPERS in Murphresboro, TN, in the 1968 Grantland Rice Bowl. This was one of the most miserable days of my life----snow blowing sideways across the field, no room in the press box for coaches, Pat Collins (DC) & I sat at the top of the stadium in desk chairs & almost suffered frostbite. Oh, we beat their brains out.
    I well remember that game, Coach. Bradshaw on national tv (possibly Bradshaw's first tv appearance). Unlike you, I watched from the comfort of my parent's living room on our Black and White RCA. I was a Junior at TECH that year.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Mine was a random thought from looking at ESPN.

But now I am starting to think that the 'projectors' at ESPN, SI, and so on don't bother to look at tie-ins once they get past the BCS and 2nd tier bowls.

Either the Sunbelt would have to fill all other possibilities with what is available or voluntarily swap with another bowl and I don't think they want to do Tech ANY favors.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I think that this guy thinks we're SEC!?

Never mind...just saw the asterisk means replacement.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Mine was a random thought from looking at ESPN.

But now I am starting to think that the 'projectors' at ESPN, SI, and so on don't bother to look at tie-ins once they get past the BCS and 2nd tier bowls.

Either the Sunbelt would have to fill all other possibilities with what is available or voluntarily swap with another bowl and I don't think they want to do Tech ANY favors.
    Unless the SB gets three teams to 7-5, what they want doesn't matter. He has Troy in the papajohns and ULL in the New Orleans.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I think that this guy thinks we're SEC!?
    Note the *

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Don't show this to Missy. She'll have a purple cow.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog Dawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around here

That would be awsome!!!! Indy stadium would be rockin with Tech fans!

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Setters would try to reform the S'port Pirates and sell them as a college replacement team before she would agree to Tech in the I Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Don't show this to Missy. She'll have a purple cow.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Makes no sense...the Akron part. Indy has #7 Big 12. They have 7 bowl eligible. Don't think the Indy will take Akron over K State any day.

+ Reply to Thread