+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: • Catholic Bishops Vow to Fight Obama on Abortion

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: • Catholic Bishops Vow to Fight Obama on Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Good news.

You preaching the Gospel now Guiss?:icon_wink:

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I believe the cliche you are looking for is "politics makes strange bedfellows."

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Just enjoy religious conflict. Hopefully, some of these folks will turn to the dark side. :icon_wink:
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I believe the cliche you are looking for is "politics makes strange bedfellows."
    True also. Obama supporters annoy the hell out of me.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Just enjoy religious conflict. Hopefully, some of these folks will turn to the dark side. :icon_wink:

Well there is plenty of disagreement within all churches. What we do or argue about doesn't change the truth and in the end there is much more that we agree on than disagree.

Well there is plenty of disagreement within all churches. What we do or argue about doesn't change the truth and in the end there is much more that we agree on than disagree.
    Yes, but denying communion to people who supported Obama - to an outsider - seems to be one step short of excommunication. Am I wrong?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Yes, but denying communion to people who supported Obama - to an outsider - seems to be one step short of excommunication. Am I wrong?
    You might want to check the article. He is not denying communion. He is saying that they may want to refrain- there is a difference.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You don't want churches to address specific societal issues? Is it ok with you that churches spoke out on abolition? How about civil rights? Helping the poor? Loving your country? The importance of voting? Anything?

What these guys are saying is that the Catholic church has a clear stand on an issue and they encourage their followers to vote together on that issue. As GL pointed out, this isn't much different than any other group encouraging their membership to vote on an important issue.

I think there are places that a pro-life Democrat could easily get elected - but he'd have to do it on his own. He'd get no support from the DNC.
    Bishops can preach to their followers all they want but the article clearly says bishops vow to fight Obama on abortion. To me the article reads we are catholic do as we say.... I do not hate catholics, but I have a problem when one religous group trys to speak for an entire nation of people..... Be proud to be catholic preach your beliefs to your followers and the children of your followers, but dont force your views and ideals on what is moral and immoral on me.

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    Bishops can preach to their followers all they want but the article clearly says bishops vow to fight Obama on abortion. To me the article reads we are catholic do as we say.... I do not hate catholics, but I have a problem when one religous group trys to speak for an entire nation of people..... Be proud to be catholic preach your beliefs to your followers and the children of your followers, but dont force your views and ideals on what is moral and immoral on me.
    Okay as long as you agree not to force your view of what tax policy is fair on me.

Okay as long as you agree not to force your view of what tax policy is fair on me.
    And if that was somehow unclear to you - here is what I am talking about:

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=54

How are you not a hypocrite?

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

And if that was somehow unclear to you - here is what I am talking about:

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=54

How are you not a hypocrite?
    I said "I defend his tax policy simply because I live by and believe in this statement.... "To those who are given much, much is expected..." I never said you are wrong for not believing in his tax policy I only defended his tax policy... That is not being a hypocrite. If catholics were only defending their views I would not have a problem with this issue at all. Instead of defending their views they are saying that my views are wrong and thier views are correct....

I said "I defend his tax policy simply because I live by and believe in this statement.... "To those who are given much, much is expected..." I never said you are wrong for not believing in his tax policy I only defended his tax policy... That is not being a hypocrite. If catholics were only defending their views I would not have a problem with this issue at all. Instead of defending their views they are saying that my views are wrong and thier views are correct....
    I am pretty sure you were objecting to the fact that they would make abortion illegal thus forcing their view on you. If that is what you are referring to, that is no different than forcing your view of tax obligations on others by supporting a candidate who favors redistribution of wealth.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Maybe its because I'm Catholic, but I don't see this as forcing Catholic beliefs on the nation. How is this any different than lobbying in DC? It is a well known fact, unless your Pelosi or Murtha, that the Catholic church not only holds but also strongly advocates the position that abortion is murder.

As a second point, with your take of the position, how is it different than atheists forcing people and entities to remove religious references?

Varsity Bulldog Vettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the rough Vettewrecker's Avatar

To hell with all laws then if we should allow some things to be legal and others not. Let's not have to have a background check when we go to buy guns. Let's not have laws to restrain us from buying weapons. Let's not have laws saying that it is illegal to buy and use drugs. Let's just all continue to live in an unlawful world. Why is it that when Christians want to outlaw something that is against the laws of our Maker, it's classified as hate and taking away rights? However, whenever those that are not of our faith want to take away our freedoms as Christians, it's considered protection of their "rights" and freedom? Jesus, I pray for these lost souls and that Your Spirit move in their lives. Your prophecy is being revealed and quickly coming to its end and I pray that you keep Yours grounded in Your Word.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vettewrecker View Post
    To hell with all laws then if we should allow some things to be legal and others not. Let's not have to have a background check when we go to buy guns. Let's not have laws to restrain us from buying weapons. Let's not have laws saying that it is illegal to buy and use drugs. Let's just all continue to live in an unlawful world. Why is it that when Christians want to outlaw something that is against the laws of our Maker, it's classified as hate and taking away rights? However, whenever those that are not of our faith want to take away our freedoms as Christians, it's considered protection of their "rights" and freedom? Jesus, I pray for these lost souls and that Your Spirit move in their lives. Your prophecy is being revealed and quickly coming to its end and I pray that you keep Yours grounded in Your Word.
    I understand your anger in not having the world conform to your beliefs, but you need to understand that it takes many people to make this world. Compassion toward them is what Jesus taught. To be in this world, but not part of it. The Kingdom of Heaven is within us.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread