+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

Justin, I would like to see some pictures of sight picture when you get a chance. 100-300 yards is the range I would like to cover with magnification.

Nida - I think more guns is definitely a good solution. Problem is that I need an auto loader shotgun and 1911 before I shop for the next rifle. And even then, I think I will be looking for something that shoots a bigger bullet. Still lots of holes to fill in my armory.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

No problem. I'm going to the range in the morning; I'll get you some pictures then. Lucid also makes a smaller version called the M7. Most of the same features as the HD7 except you only get one reticle.

Something else that crossed my mind today... Have you considered a low-power variable scope like a 1-4x or 1-6x? Some of those come with illuminated reticles if you still want something you can use in low light.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    No problem. I'm going to the range in the morning; I'll get you some pictures then. Lucid also makes a smaller version called the M7. Most of the same features as the HD7 except you only get one reticle.

Something else that crossed my mind today... Have you considered a low-power variable scope like a 1-4x or 1-6x? Some of those come with illuminated reticles if you still want something you can use in low light.
    Something like this: http://www.opticsplanet.com/millett-...140215040240:s

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That would work. I was thinking either of these:
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...cq-moa-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...eticle/reticle

If you got with the EOTech or Aimpoint and throw a magnifier on it, you can get up to $1,000 pretty easily. A scope gives you the whole package in a single optic.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    That would work. I was thinking either of these:
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...cq-moa-reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...eticle/reticle

If you got with the EOTech or Aimpoint and throw a magnifier on it, you can get up to $1,000 pretty easily. A scope gives you the whole package in a single optic.
    But it isn't quite as good in a reflex situation, right?

Here's a couple pics that I got from Saturday. They aren't the best since I took them on my phone, but they should be good enough. First pic is at 1x and the second is with the doubler. The target is at 100 yards, and the berm is at 200 yards.

I personally don't have much experience with a low-power scope like that, but the only big benefit I can see of using a red dot instead of a scope is that you basically have unlimited eye relief which would help with rapid target acquisition. With enough practice I think you could make that advantage much smaller, though. You should be shooting with both eyes open when using either optic.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap target practice with Russian Tokarev Model 40 ... click white dot by trigger to begin, aim the weapon with the mouse, squeeze off 3 rounds w/left button. For 3 more rounds, click top selection below score:

http://deti.mil.by/templates/swf/Pistol/index.swf

Anyone have any experience with the FNP .45? I know this might sound like heresy, but I am starting to lean this way over a semi-custom 1911.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the FNP .45? I know this might sound like heresy, but I am starting to lean this way over a semi-custom 1911.
    No experience with the .45, but I have a friend who has loved the FNs he has used. Tactically, it's tough to beat a lighter, higher capacity weapon. 1911's have great nostalgia, are accurate, and they work. That said, if someone breaks into my house and I have a choice between my M&P9 or a 1911, I'll take 18 rounds of 9mm over 8 of .45 all day long.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Anyone have any experience in 6.8SPC or 6.5 Grendel AR-15s? I'm on the fence for my next build. I've read all kinds of info on both, and still can't decide. I'm planning to use it as a deer/hog (but mostly hog) gun. I hunt a lot of highlines and fields so I need something with more punch and distance than my 5.56. I considered building an AR-10, but a good buddy of mine is getting me an awesome deal on a complete AR-15 lower.

Don't know, but the 25-45 Sharps sounds interesting, too.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Just picked-up and shot my Benelli Ethos yesterday. The gun is absolutely beautiful. It has curves that would make Kim Cardashian envious. It flies to the shoulder and points beautifully. Then it kicks the dog-crap out of you with light dove loads. I want to cry. I shot 5 boxes yesterday and I think I may have to amputate my right arm below the shoulder. Why, oh why, did I abandon the old faithful Beretta? Do not fall for the hype on this mule-kicking pos! They even have the balls to call their so-called recoil arrest sytem "Progressive Comfort". More like "Progressive Ass-Whippin'". Having said all of this, if any of you guys try one out and end-up liking it I'll make a hell of a deal on it. Only five boxes through it
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BenelliUSAFirearms
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Just picked-up and shot my Benelli Ethos yesterday. The gun is absolutely beautiful. It has curves that would make Kim Cardashian envious. It flies to the shoulder and points beautifully. Then it kicks the dog-crap out of you with light dove loads. I want to cry. I shot 5 boxes yesterday and I think I may have to amputate my right arm below the shoulder. Why, oh why, did I abandon the old faithful Beretta? Do not fall for the hype on this mule-kicking pos! They even have the balls to call their so-called recoil arrest sytem "Progressive Comfort". More like "Progressive Ass-Whippin'". Having said all of this, if any of you guys try one out and end-up liking it I'll make a hell of a deal on it. Only five boxes through it
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BenelliUSAFirearms
    That chick doesn't seem to have any problem handling the recoil.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Probably a 20 Give her 5 boxes and then start shooting video...
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Chad, are you still looking for an EOTech/magnifier combo? Got this offer in an email a few minutes ago. If you've never used Primary Arms, they're great to deal with.

http://www.primaryarms.com/EOTech-EX...-p/exps3-0.htm

+ Reply to Thread