+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

How about a range report on the Taurus .45?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I saw a good deal on a used HK USP 9mm....night sights included for 499 at EGI tactical in Shreve. It was in great condition.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Anybody participate in IDPA? I never have and likely won't here because the closest club is about an hour away, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

If I had more money and time I'd do IDPA.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    If I had more money and time I'd do IDPA.
    Is the biggest cost the ammo? Sounds like you shoot a minimum of 100 rounds at the competition. Assuming you practice, you could be shooting 500 rounds a week.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Just used my new Butler Creek "Hot Lips" 25 round clips and "Hot Lips" magazine loader for my 10-22. LOVE IT! Man you can really heat-up a barrel with these things! Combined with my super-scope that is either green dot/red dot or nightime green cross/red cross it is one plinking machine. Those coyotes better watch-out!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Is the biggest cost the ammo? Sounds like you shoot a minimum of 100 rounds at the competition. Assuming you practice, you could be shooting 500 rounds a week.
    500 rounds a week is a lot of money for me. So is 100. I don't really have any disposable income at this time.

I assume there is a fee to join IDPA and a fee per individual event. Also, I don't have a full sized 9mm which seems to be the prevailing competition choice. My holser is not built toward fast competition drawing either.

IDPA claims you need to use "self defense" gear but there are inherent advantages to certain types of gear which greatly affect your chances. I don't want to buy a new holster or anything.

People don't really use full sized glocks to conceal carry.

It does sound fun though, and it's not THAT expensive.

Cartek is gonna be proud of me. Ordered my first 1911 yesterday. Can't wait to get it and break it in!

Cartek is gonna be proud of me. Ordered my first 1911 yesterday. Can't wait to get it and break it in!
    awesome!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Did you get the new Remington version?

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Did you get the new Remington version?
    Nah...

I went with a Rock Island Armory. It's one of the cheaper ones you can by, but the reviews seem to be more universally positive than the Taurus 1911's and it was more affordable than the Springfield GI's. And...unlike many GI models, it comes with a combat trigger, hammer, and beaver tail.

It likely won't win any beauty contests, but their customer service is supposed to be great and they say that they are very reliable. Should be a good "platform" for customization if I end up really liking it. If I don't, I'll sell it and find a striker fired .45 ACP.

Don't know anything about the new Remongton 1911 as they just came out. I signed up for the Remington newsletter email thing and they keep me posted on all new R&D and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Don't know anything about the new Remongton 1911 as they just came out. I signed up for the Remington newsletter email thing and they keep me posted on all new R&D and the like.
    Supposedly the ones they used to make back in the old days were great. A lot of the 1911 "enthusiasts" on the message boards are really excited about them. MSRP should be around $700, so they should be at the same price point as the Springfield GI models.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

What is the board's opinion on this bad boy?

S&W .44 mag

But I'm open to the 357 due to the much cheaper round. I've been looking for a revolver with a punch. It would be nicknamed my manhood compensator!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Anybody wanna guess what I'll recommend?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread