+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I shoot one at the range and really like it. I would, however, go and hold one. For about the same price, you can get a Springfield Armory XD-9. I like the feel of the XD better and it has some bells and wistles the Glock doesn't have.

The XD has a 1911 angle and some folks like that better. I'd hold both of them and see if they'll let you pull the trigger. The break is cleaner on the XD.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I shoot one at the range and really like it. I would, however, go and hold one. For about the same price, you can get a Springfield Armory XD-9. I like the feel of the XD better and it has some bells and wistles the Glock doesn't have.

The XD has a 1911 angle and some folks like that better. I'd hold both of them and see if they'll let you pull the trigger. The break is cleaner on the XD.
    this one?

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...357-02987-9101

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

That's the pistol, but that capacity looks wrong. I also found you a deal:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32482

If I had that money to spend on a gun and I wanted a polymer gun, I'd get the XD. The Glock is a great gun too, I just like the feel of the XD better.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I'd love a 911, but those things are expensive! I did find a Taurus 911 for under $500 online, but who knows what it would cost with shipping, FFL, and license fees.

I like the pistol - but what is the purpose of the the vented trigger?

If I had that money to spend on a gun and I wanted a polymer gun, I'd get the SD. The Glock is a great gun too, I just like the feel of the XD better.
    will Cartek call me a girl for buying a 9mm?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

If I had that money to spend on a gun and I wanted a polymer gun, I'd get the SD. The Glock is a great gun too, I just like the feel of the XD better.
    that is sweet.....

will Cartek call me a girl for buying a 9mm?
    Yes

You made a purchase yet? I'm gonna run up to the gun-shop and see what they'll give me for the deer rifle I never use. If you're still deciding, take a look at the Smith & Wesson M&P series. Supposedly ergonomically superior to Glock and the XD. It's in that price range.

Gun shop wouldn't give me jack for the deer rifle, but a buddy wanted to buy my 870. Since I got my Benelli, the 870 hasn't seen much action, so I sold it. With the cash, I paid for the better part of a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm.

Yeah, Cartek won't be very impressed, but when Obama and Biden pass their ammo taxes, I'll still be able to shoot. I'll get a .45 or a .357 next in an attempt to get my man-card back.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

So is the deer rifle still for sale? Is it the 270 wsm? What you want for it?

That's a good looking pistol.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Happy you didn't go with the two-tone. Everyone would be calling you a girlyman.

Nothing wrong with 9mm.
    My desire to poach in Winn Parish just went away.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    My desire to poach in Winn Parish just went away.
    Not to worry, maddawg; you know you my 32-Crew bud.

Poach Away in Winn Parish to your heart's content.

(BTW- I don't own any huntable property in Winn Parish.:icon_wink

Puppy DAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really nice

The Mossberg Road Blocker is a scary weapon. I'd hate to be on the wrong end of it. Pistol wise, I'm buying a Glock 23 this weekend.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Happy you didn't go with the two-tone. Everyone would be calling you a girlyman.

Nothing wrong with 9mm.
    ...depends on what's spitting the 9mm!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread