+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Re: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    How does it shoot??? I want a .308 Tikka T3 so bad it hurts. I have to hold one everytime I go to Bass Pro shop.
    Shoots well, but I didn't have my scope leveled on the rifle and need to adjust it. The action is the smoothest you can buy in its class. I hate to admit it, but I'm thinking of buying a limbsaver to save the recoil. It is very light, and it shoulders well. If you've done your research, you would know that Sako owns Tikka and puts their barrels and actions on them. You're getting a lot for your money. The stock is basically plastic, but I didn't care. The rifle comes with one mag and its ~$60 to replace, so don't lose it!

You can find a deal online if you search.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I have. It's a SARA action and that a good enough reason to own one. The barrel come floated too.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

SAKA sorry mobile app.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I was looking to go American-made, but they are really good deals and people are noticing. I'd definitely trust a Finnish company to build a good rifle. I put a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40, I'm digging the setup. I haven't decided on a Harris bipod and new sling to put on it yet.

***On the floated barrel....I know some don't go all the way to the action. I tested mine before I bought it and it stops about an inch from it. I haven't noticed accuracy issues on a cold barrel. The barrel does heat up after two or so mags, but it's a bolt action, so who cares.

Go buy it, you won't regret it.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Precision Firearms says my gun is scheduled to ship this week!!

Not gonna hold my breathe.
    Lol, i got an email from ups yesterday saying a package from PF was headed my way. Been holding my breath for four months.

Gonna top this one with a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56.

I'm putting together an AR15. Anybody know where to get budget built uppers?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Try JoeBob's, Primary Arms, or Palmetto State Armory. They all have good prices.

I have been looking at Palmetto State and ordered a lower on Surplus Ammo.com

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I also forgot to mention Aim Surplus and Aero Precision.

You can also check ARPartsFinder.com. It's a good way to search through and compare some of the larger distributors' inventories.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Finally, after a four month wait it is home.

I was surprised by the weight, 7.6 pounds without the scope. With that in mind, I decided not to hang a 32oz nightforce on it and instead went with a 4-16x50 vortex hslr in ffp. Saved 10oz.

Precision Firearms guarantees these guns will shoot 1/2 moa or better. Will find out Friday!

6.5 Grendel(saami grendel chamber), 19.5" Lilja barrel .740 profile. PF break, Geissele ssa-e trigger, matched billet PF upper and lower, magpul acs stock, PF bolt and carrier, not sure of handguard make.

I managed to put together a complete AR15 for less than 500 bucks!! Now I am looking for a Colt stripped lower to built a high end build.

Why colt? Just askin; you dont see many colt stripped lowers.

Be aware that colt lowers come in two different trigger pin sizes.

I know about the pin sizes and have been looking pretty hard with some success for a Colt Le6920. I really like what Yankee Hill does with their stuff and it is also a possibility. I think what I am probably going to do is buy a complete Colt 6920 with out the furniture and add a Magpul butt stock and Yankee Hill forearm to it. I guess to answer your question, I have always wanted a Colt M16 since I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post

Finally, after a four month wait it is home.

I was surprised by the weight, 7.6 pounds without the scope. With that in mind, I decided not to hang a 32oz nightforce on it and instead went with a 4-16x50 vortex hslr in ffp. Saved 10oz.

Precision Firearms guarantees these guns will shoot 1/2 moa or better. Will find out Friday!

6.5 Grendel(saami grendel chamber), 19.5" Lilja barrel .740 profile. PF break, Geissele ssa-e trigger, matched billet PF upper and lower, magpul acs stock, PF bolt and carrier, not sure of handguard make.
    Do you like the 6.5 Grendel? How hard is it to find bullets? I have been looking at it, Socom .457 and Rem 6.8 as a fun build.

I love the grendel! This is my third one and i am thinking about getting out of .223 all together.

Check out 6.5grendel.com for everything grendel.

Ammo isnt hard to find. Box stores stock it occasionally. I have been buying most of mine from Selway Armory. Hornady 123 gr sst for $17.95 per box of 20. At that price i just keep my brass and buy more factory stuff instead of reloading.

+ Reply to Thread